Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

vhan1088

hello fellow doll fans

vhan1088

Hi everyone, been a long time lurker for several years and i've decided to finally come out of hiding. Ive actually been in this hobby for a while and have had a vinyl doll for over 5 years. Im not a doll collector so to say but I like to make things for them. I have 2 obitsu 24cm dolls, i don't have any 1/3rd scale dolls but would someday like to get a MDD or angel philia. I have some expirence making clothes, wigs, and eyes at 1/6th scale but i dont get to practice much so my stuff has alot of noteable errors and im still a little afraid of the sewing machine I use. I'm happy to finally talk to everyone here.

• Like 3

Dolorre

Greetings fellow human! It's cool that you're crafty! I hope you conquer your fear of your sewing machine. 🙂

Rajke

Welcome to the forum. 
😀

Always nice to meet other creative people. 1/6 scale or 1/3 scale, both have their charm. The biggest thing with bigger dolls is that selfmade outfits, eyes, wig and accessories means bigger projects. 
No worries about imperfect creations. I think it gives some charm to it. Does me think about this quote: ‘Perfect is not good’. It simply means that you don’t need to reach for perfection.

I am curious what makes you uneasy about your sewing machine? 
@onion6@

@onion20@   This is a signature.

vhan1088

i have to say i guess i feel more intimidated by it and dont want to break it. As a beginner when it comes to sewing im always worried about the settings, its a singer futura SES2000.

Roserolls

Welcome! I was super scared of my sewing machine too when I first got it lol. I frequently had issues with the tiny doll clothes getting eaten by the machine, so I would advise leaving a ton of extra fabric when seaming and then trimming the excess down after. Nothing is worse than having to fish the mangled fabric and thread out of the machine💀

I wish you success with your sewing! Besides the needle, sewing machines are pretty hard to break so you don't need to worry. And even if it does break, there are tons of replacement parts readily available, so have fun!

vhan1088

Thanks for the tip. I never realized seams being too small was why it would sometimes get stuck in the machine. I'll be sure to make them bigger.