Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Lochy

So, BJDs came up at work...

Xiongmao

I'm generally not keen on visitors, but my mom visited my apartment a few months ago.

She spots Towa standing on the couch.

Mom: "Oh. Why do you have a doll?"

Me: 😶.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

battrastard
7 minutes ago, Xiongmao said:

She spots Towa standing on the couch.

Mom: "Oh. Why do you have a doll?"

Personally, I'm a Major Smartass. 

My very sarcastic reply would be: 

"Because Binge Drinking costs way too much!!" 

Beware, YMMV with family members... 

• Haha 1

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

Stormlight

I don’t really socialize much with coworkers outside of work, so we’re not really close, even though I’ve been at the company for 20 years now. Dolls are something I absolutely would not bring up as a topic with most of them. Just because I don’t think they’d “get it” and a few can be pretty abrasive and rude. But there are a few ladies who I think might ask questions and want to legitimately know more; I mentioned I had a pet rat to one of them and after the initial shock, when I explained why they actually make good pets, she seemed more fascinated because she’d never known rats were so smart and sociable and cuddly. lol

There was one guy I worked with who I once heard was playing music from an anime/game soundtrack and I was so surprised I blurted, “Hey, I listen to that same artist! Utada Hikaru, right?” Turns out he’s an anime fan, which I never would have pegged him for (or a lot of other coworkers for that matter). So from then on, every once in awhile he’d ask me if I’d seen any new anime lately and I’d tell him different things I’d watched or listened to, etc… That was kind of nice because I don’t talk about my hobbies and interests with most folk outside of random internet strangers or my closest friends  lol

Unfortunately, he left to work somewhere else so I can’t discuss nerd stuff with him anymore. But it goes to show that sometimes the people you’d least expect to be interested in stuff like that might be closet nerds just like you.

Tasuke
12 hours ago, ragnamuffin said:

“Aren’t you scared she’s going to attack you while you’re asleep?”

"No Way. She's my innocent little Princess, and she'd never even harm a Fly..."

Konomi_Yuzuhara_6-1-22_(3).JPG?width=192

• Haha 1

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png