Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

dilfslayer

stains on cocoa vinyl

dilfslayer

Has anyone experienced discoloration of darker vinyl colors with the various stain prevention methods ?

Veravey

My Ruby has stained from black socks. I haven't tried a removal yet but I may soon, thankfully only her feet stained.

Edited by Veravey
  • Like 1

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

Panda_Dolliess

You're in luck, cause I stain treated my cocoa doll about a year ago. 

She had gotten stains from a pair of fishnet socks and they were pretty bad in some spots. I left them untreated for about 3-4 weeks out of laziness. I didn't do the best job of documenting the entire process, but I went back through my Instagram Stories and found some of the information I did post. 

First and foremost, you can stain treat Cocoa Smds like you can any other vinyl doll if you use caution. Do not heat up the vinyl too much as that may cause swelling and cosmetic damage. Is should be warm to the touch, but not so hot that it hurts when you touch it (very subjective i know. Lol). I used a 10% Benzoyl Peroxide Acne cream (Neutrogena has a nice one, but most major retail stores have cheaper dupes). I heated the vinyl until it was warm to the touch, applied a thin layer of the cream, wrapped the area in plastic wrap, heated the area again for about 30mins, and then let is sit for 24hrs. 

Now this is the important part! When you go to wipe the cream off, the vinyl will be bleached in whatever spot you put the cream on. DO NOT APPLY MORE CREAM until the vinyl has returned to its original color!! It takes 18-24hrs for the vinyl to return back to its original color after stain treating. If you do not wait, and apply more cream, it may take several days to return to its normal color, if it does it at all. I wasn't willing to test that theory entirely. One of the piece I was stain treating took 2 days to return to its original color after I did back to back treatments! 

Screenshot_20220802-224903_Instagram.jpg.c0915f5d8f061bb00bd13a19298f298c.jpg Screenshot_20220802-224910_Instagram.jpg.f8a8645606e4695a81e0cb18a787e186.jpg

Sorry for the uncropped screenies. im being very lazy tonight. lolol

As you can see in the photos, while the vinyl is bleached, it appears as if the stain didn't lift much. But do not be discouraged! Once the vinyl settles, you will start to see some actual progress! 

Anyways, I hope that this lil snippet of info was helpful to you or anyone who comes across this post!! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

dilfslayer
On 8/3/2022 at 1:05 AM, MaKayla_Panda said:

You're in luck, cause I stain treated my cocoa doll about a year ago. 

She had gotten stains from a pair of fishnet socks and they were pretty bad in some spots. I left them untreated for about 3-4 weeks out of laziness. I didn't do the best job of documenting the entire process, but I went back through my Instagram Stories and found some of the information I did post. 

First and foremost, you can stain treat Cocoa Smds like you can any other vinyl doll if you use caution. Do not heat up the vinyl too much as that may cause swelling and cosmetic damage. Is should be warm to the touch, but not so hot that it hurts when you touch it (very subjective i know. Lol). I used a 10% Benzoyl Peroxide Acne cream (Neutrogena has a nice one, but most major retail stores have cheaper dupes). I heated the vinyl until it was warm to the touch, applied a thin layer of the cream, wrapped the area in plastic wrap, heated the area again for about 30mins, and then let is sit for 24hrs. 

Now this is the important part! When you go to wipe the cream off, the vinyl will be bleached in whatever spot you put the cream on. DO NOT APPLY MORE CREAM until the vinyl has returned to its original color!! It takes 18-24hrs for the vinyl to return back to its original color after stain treating. If you do not wait, and apply more cream, it may take several days to return to its normal color, if it does it at all. I wasn't willing to test that theory entirely. One of the piece I was stain treating took 2 days to return to its original color after I did back to back treatments! 

Screenshot_20220802-224903_Instagram.jpg.c0915f5d8f061bb00bd13a19298f298c.jpg Screenshot_20220802-224910_Instagram.jpg.f8a8645606e4695a81e0cb18a787e186.jpg

Sorry for the uncropped screenies. im being very lazy tonight. lolol

As you can see in the photos, while the vinyl is bleached, it appears as if the stain didn't lift much. But do not be discouraged! Once the vinyl settles, you will start to see some actual progress! 

Anyways, I hope that this lil snippet of info was helpful to you or anyone who comes across this post!! 

Thanks sm ! 

• Like 1

Babybel-Goth

I was wondering this, thanks for the pictures! 

• Like 1