Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
DreamsicleDollAqua

Some resin/vinyl matching questions

DreamsicleDollAqua

Sorry for the pretty noobish question. I was looking into getting my first anime doll for me and a friend. We wanted matching dolls and since its her first bjd we picked a lot of different things we liked for the two characters together. However she loved the chubby sort of baby BJD body (Puyoo sort). We found a dollzone body and had no idea what resin might match a DDH or a tiny fox head. (looking for 1/4th size). 
Does anyone have any examples of what Dollfie dream looks like compared or on a dollzone body? Or if tinyfox heads are close to the dollzone colors? 
If dollzone isn't a great color match I'd love other reccomendations for more chubby baby 1/4th bodies! We're trying to make our oc's sons so would prefer androgenous/not anatomically accurate or boy bodies. Sorry again for the weird questions!

Oculae

Tinyfox is an offshoot of Dollzone, so their Normal should match DZ's Normal pretty closely. For a DD head, I'd recommend looking on DoA or another resin community to see if anyone can match Volks NS with a DZ for you. DD Flesh generally matches Volks NS, so if DZ is a little lighter, go for a Semi White head instead.

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

DreamsicleDollAqua
4 hours ago, Oculae said:

Tinyfox is an offshoot of Dollzone, so their Normal should match DZ's Normal pretty closely. For a DD head, I'd recommend looking on DoA or another resin community to see if anyone can match Volks NS with a DZ for you. DD Flesh generally matches Volks NS, so if DZ is a little lighter, go for a Semi White head instead.

Thank you so much! This was super helpful!

ragnamuffin
6 hours ago, DreamsicleDollAqua said:

If dollzone isn't a great color match I'd love other reccomendations for more chubby baby 1/4th bodies! We're trying to make our oc's sons so would prefer androgenous/not anatomically accurate or boy bodies. Sorry again for the weird questions!

Volks now offers an androgynous/sexless MDD body (which they call ‘asexual’) through their Dream Choice system, so if you’re worried about a colour match with a DDH, it might be easier just to get the whole doll from one place.

DreamsicleDollAqua

UPDATE for anyone curious: 
I found out Dollzone will do custom resin services however it must be an order of at least 5. Im already ordering 2 for me and my friend. So I might see if I can find anyone else who'd want a dollfie dream match as well