Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

DollsnBooks

Alternate faces?

DollsnBooks

Do some dolls come with alternate faces? I've seen some photos both here and online of dolls where in some pics they have a different expression. I know Nendoroid does this and Figma, and maybe Kikipop? Is this a thing with larger dolls as well, and if so is it brand-specific? Or maybe people are just buying multiple heads...

Oculae

No vinyl doll that I'm aware of can do this, but quite a few resins have a faceplate system with the option of buying different plates with different expressions - Fairyland is probably the most well known example, but quite a few indie artists offer it too!

Most vinyls that you see of the same doll with different faces is usually very clever photoshop, which is much easier to do since they're anime faces with less detailed mouths and blush. It's a skill I wanna pick up eventually. 😆

• Like 1

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

RetroKanojo

Another possibility, although probably much less common then the photoshop route, is to have multiple heads for the same doll. I'm not sure, but I think @Noxxbunny purchased an extra head for her 9S and plans to turn it into a sleepy/sleeping expression so she can swap them out and have her doll have multiple expressions! It will require an extra head and some artistic talent - or the money to pay someone to do it for you - but it's definitely doable ☺️

Edited by RetroKanojo
  • Like 2

battrastard

For photoshop ideas, I'd recommend asking @SFSakana about where he got his most excellent facial program for Cherry's pictures. He even blends out the wrist/elbow/knee joints, too! 

Edited by battrastard

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

Noxxbunny
4 hours ago, RetroKanojo said:

Another possibility, although probably much less common then the photoshop route, is to have multiple heads for the same doll. I'm not sure, but I think @Noxxbunny purchased an extra head for her 9S and plans to turn it into a sleepy/sleeping expression so she can swap them out and have her doll have multiple expressions! It will require an extra head and some artistic talent - or the money to pay someone to do it for you - but it's definitely doable ☺️

Yup! I haven't used it lately, but my custom Kaito has an alternate head I made for him a while back.

BeautyPlus_20181009191737421_save.jpg.6f399eade20675280e3faf54501ea6f4.jpg

9S' is also true, though a work in progress since I think I'm gonna need external help with the mod work on that one.

Photoshop is probably easier for most though. 😆

• Like 2

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

DollsnBooks

Ohhh, Photoshop, lol! That's a great solution. ☺️

SFSakana
5 hours ago, battrastard said:

For photoshop ideas, I'd recommend asking @SFSakana about where he got his most excellent facial program for Cherry's pictures. He even blends out the wrist/elbow/knee joints, too! 

Thank you for mentioned my name here! Yes I uses photoshop to edit the mouth for my dolls. 
The mouth asset are all by Seaumi4, you can purchase from her booth store here: https://seaumi4.booth.pm/

I'm not the type would have a few heads just for the same doll, as all my doll face up are unique by itself, its hard to replicate the same face up with different expression. Also some are limited head, even harder to retrieve the same head. 
Hence I uses photoshop to change their expression, its quite fun to me and more budget way to have the face look more consistent in the photos. 

Edited by SFSakana
  • Like 4

They need love to become pretty!

SFSakana's FacebookPage | Instagram | Twitter | YoutubeSalesPage

DollForum_signature1.jpg.535caf3bc6385f534bc6c15028ae8eec.jpg
DollForum_signature2.jpg.29a356f3a56f1d07ddc0f9991d5b6a0c.jpg

Kymera
On 8/14/2022 at 12:06 PM, RetroKanojo said:

I'm doing this with my DDH-16. I just received her second head... I'm going to close one eye for a winking head.

Edited by Kymera

Owned by: Kitsuko (Fox-face) - DDH-09