Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
chef_mai

DDH-27 head on Azone 45 body - neck is too short

chef_mai

I've had Mochi for a while now. She's a custom DDH-27 stuck onto the Azone 45cm / iris collect petit body. She's hooked up with the "cap" part of the neck connector removed.

Something that's bugged me for quite some time now is that her neck seems short in this configuration. This can be beneficial for outfits with no collars. But in a collared shirt, it looks unnatural -- the shirt completely covers the neck, even an MDD-sized one.

spacer.png

I double-checked stock photos for the same shirt/outfit, and on an MDD, there's definitely some space. This is also how shirts look like on Mai.

1082792654_ScreenShot2022-09-11at1_43_59AM.png.b5ba93d747170f2780762ce3b72ab024.png

Is there anything that can be done to fix this?

I've already tried the easier solution of using a 48/50 neck connector. This just makes the neck look freakishly long. Maybe pipe cutter down a connector to somewhere in between? 

Another possible solution is to switch her over to an Obitsu (S), assuming the neck part is longer, but this would change her torso proportions, and she'd no longer be soft vinyl.

Edited by chef_mai

chef_mai

I ended up switching her to an AP H2 bust (the flat one). The neck problem is now fixed.

It makes her shoulders wider, so she looks subtly older despite everything else remaining the same (45cm torso, 45cm legs). Because the shoulders widened up, the sleeves are a tad short now.

There's some torso gapping, but this is minor since her camisole covers that up. I'll grab another AP-C torso down the line to fix that.

spacer.png

Edited by chef_mai
  • Like 5