Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Veravey

My 20 year old dream came true today~

Veravey

Chobits was the first manga I ever collected and read, and the first anime I watched outside of what was airing on TV. CLAMP became very special to me after that. While not my favorite writers all of the time, they remain to be my favorite mangaka. They're a team of four inspiring women and they taught me so much on illustrating and character design.

So naturally I always wanted to own the CLAMP no Kiseki magazine series, which came with a full chess set made of characters from their various series. Each volume came with three pueces. Each magazine gives lots of extra info on the series on the cover, lots of character art, interviews, and bonus manga content. I never had the chance to order the volumes as they came out and they used to be quite a bit more expensive.

Well, I found the full set for $120 on Mandarake this month (the yen exchange has been so good lately, too). All in one listing (meaning I could save on shipping). And... Every volume is sealed and brand new besides volume one.

I never thought this day would come.

PXL_20220924_005649003.jpg.dedfb32821fe8a39ce53aee16a506f30.jpg

• Like 8

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

ragnamuffin

Congrats! Your post brought back so many memories and made me so happy for you.

I remember buying these off eBay as a teen. Couldn’t read a lick of Japanese back then so I just flipped through the pages and played chess with the pieces. Even got the chess board and limited pieces you had to send away for (I made the guy I bought them from do it) 😅

This is making me so nostalgic, I really should properly read them next time I’m home. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

• Like 1

Veravey
3 minutes ago, ragnamuffin said:

Even got the chess board and limited pieces you had to send away for

Oh no... you're right, I forgot about these! I'll need hunt them down (#-ω-)

5 minutes ago, ragnamuffin said:

This is making me so nostalgic, I really should properly read them next time I’m home. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

I'm so happy to hear that! And thank you! I may need your help translating some parts (´꒳`)♡

• Like 1

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

Hachiihoney

Congratz! Clamp brought back so many childhood memories for me and I'm so happy for your wonderful find!

Rajke

I actually forgot about this set. Years ago I bought a set of three pieces that are still displayed in my shelf. 

Edited by Rajke

@onion20@   This is a signature.

MonochromaticNocturne

This is so cool, congrats! Are you going to display the chess pieces out of their packaging, or leave them in-box?