Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Firelight

Mandarake description question

Firelight

Hi! (hope this is in the right place) - I've been looking for an iris collect on Mandarake and for a bunch of the dolls I'm interested in it will say something like 'torso not included in the sale.' I'm kind of assuming that it's a mistranslation, but I would prefer to know for sure what that means before placing an order. I mean, I don't *think* they would take the torso off, but I've never bought a big doll before and I'm a bit skittish about it. Thanks!

MagicalRozen
1 hour ago, Firelight said:

Hi! (hope this is in the right place) - I've been looking for an iris collect on Mandarake and for a bunch of the dolls I'm interested in it will say something like 'torso not included in the sale.' I'm kind of assuming that it's a mistranslation, but I would prefer to know for sure what that means before placing an order. I mean, I don't *think* they would take the torso off, but I've never bought a big doll before and I'm a bit skittish about it. Thanks!

Could you give an example of one of the listings you're looking at?

I use Madarake all the time, and when it's a listing of a Fullset doll it almost definitely would be a mistranslation. They wouldn't remove the torso from a Fullset doll, especially if the torso is in the photos.

Usually when it has a specific body part listed in the description they are talking about some slight damage or staining in that area.

If you do have a question about a listing in particular though feel free to list it here or PM me and I can reassure you about it! Buying a Dollfie or other big vinyl girl can be a big deal and it's natural you'd be a bit worried by this (most likely) mistranslation.

Edited by MagicalRozen

Khepra, Ginkgo, TamakiDelilah, HimikoRin, Ann, Sana, Kana, Robin, Amane, And Others That May Come And Go.

Firelight

That's what I figured, I just didn't want to stumble into something that I would need to replace the arm joint *and* the bust, especially since I'm most interested in an AZ02 and the skin parts don't seem readily available. 

This is the one that finally prompted me to confirm with the forum 

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1208373282&ref=flist&lang=en

although I've seen the 'torso not included' description on other dolls. 

• Like 1

ragnamuffin

It does indeed say that, even in Japanese. That’s very bizarre, never seen that before. But considering it has a picture of the stains on the torso, it must be included. Wouldn’t make sense to show it in the pictures otherwise. If you don’t mind waiting to buy her, I’d email them and ask. It looks like they just reused information from an old listing without updating it to reflect the actual product.

Firelight

I'll email them, thanks everyone who answered!

Tierparkzone
3 hours ago, Firelight said:

'torso not included in the sale.'

The torso part is mentioned after the wig info and in Japanese it says トルソー (literally "torso") which you would rarely use to refer to a doll body part, I think they mean the wig stand (that is used in one picture to prop up the wig).

It's the only thing pictured that really wouldn't make sense to be included and iirc, トルソー in japanese is sometimes used to refer to a mannequin - which would make sense in that context.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ragnamuffin
15 minutes ago, Firelight said:

I'll email them, thanks everyone who answered!

OH! I’m a dummy. The “torso” (トルソー) is the wig stand. Usually that’s the word for sewing mannequins, but here it refers to the wig stand (which is why it’s listed next to the wig information).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ragnamuffin
2 minutes ago, Tierparkzone said:

The torso part is mentioned after the wig info and in Japanese it says トルソー (literally "torso") which you would rarely use to refer to a doll body part, I think they mean the wig stand (that is used in one picture to prop up the wig).

It's the only thing pictured that really wouldn't make sense to be included and iirc, トルソー in japanese is sometimes used to refer to a mannequin - which would make sense in that context.

I was just writing this when you posted it 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Firelight

haha, I was hoping it was something like that! thanks!

• Like 1