Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Gwandak

Bad time to use Mandrake?

Gwandak

Hello. I am just creating this thread because I am curious to know if it's a bad time to try and order something from Mandrake. From what I've been seeing recently, Yen is dropping drastically in price compared to the USD. On the surface it looks like it makes ordering something a lot cheaper for us in the States, but is this going to have any affect on ordering something overseas? Even just a week ago 40,000 yen was worth close to $280 and now at this moment it's $268.

I guess I'm wondering how it will affect us here when it comes to ordering something from Japan. 

Gallye

I placed an order a few days ago with Mandarake Shibuya and so far everything has been fine/normal. They got back to me with my total as quickly as usual and put the package in the mail the next day, which is pretty much how it's always gone for me. I have also bought from Mandarake once or twice during the past two years and got my packages with no problem then.

Overseas shipping is somewhat slower than usual, though it's still reliable. Regular airmail is probably pretty delayed right now - I haven't tried it - and EMS is also going to have some delay to it, although we're talking a couple of days there. DHL has been the quickest option for me overall.

In short, Mandarake seems to be doing business as usual, and it's only after the package leaves their hands that anything is at all different.

• Like 1

dollbaby

I recently made 2 orders on Mandarake and everything went well. I ordered and then 3 days later I got my email for the total plus shipping and paid via Paypal. I used DHL shipping and the items got to me quicker than the estimated time. I think it was 3-4 days total for each item to arrive.

• Like 1

Oculae

bnr_shop_at_mandarake_v2.png.caf94af456d29f431be3744c1fe2b238.png

As seen on their desktop homepage...even Mandarake wants us to shop at Mandarake right now. 🤣

The most you might get is a shipping delay from the number of orders they're processing or the number of packages the couriers are handling. Key word is "might". Personally, I've been buying as normal and enjoying the discount with no trouble so far - an order I placed on the 14th just got here today, 2 days earlier than DHL estimated!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

RetroKanojo

I purchased something from Mandarake (Complex) for the first time recently. More specifically I placed my order on October 12th, the next day they sent me the payment information. I paid immediately and the next day, on October 14th they sent me a mail that the item has been shipped! All in all, it was very quick. 

According to Parcelsapp, my order, which is being delivered through EMS, should arrive between October 23rd - 27th. The shipping fee was 4.150 Yen and I'm located in Central Europe.

Take that as you will @onion9@Personally I am very satisfied so far, just don't forget.. if you buy twice the amount for half the price, you can still end up paying a lot of money! I guess that's the real danger here. They lure you in with the low yen and then you end up spending more than you wanted to in the first place because everything's such a good deal.. @onion22@

Quick update: I just received the package today!
So, ordered on the 12th, got it in my hands on the 19th.

Edited by RetroKanojo
  • Like 3

Gwandak

Thank you all, I appreciate it! I was hoping for these answers, but wanted to check with the community first. I feel a lot more comfortable now that I've received some good news.

Xiongmao

My recent order came in record time. Complex is usually the quickest, and they have the most stuff.

Be aware that anything considered grail-worthy sells VERY quickly... my grail outfit came and went but I didn't think it was worth buying until I had secured my grail doll.

Oh and they charged me a huge amount of UPS on my last order, but it was two big boxes worth.

• Like 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Gwandak
1 hour ago, Xiongmao said:

My recent order came in record time. Complex is usually the quickest, and they have the most stuff.

Good to know. Couple of items I'm looking at by them.