Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Vampurrr

Hiya from Australia!

Vampurrr

Heya!

My name is Dizzy, I'm 29, and I'm a fairly new vinyl doll collector from Australia.

My first doll was Chitose multiverse from Smart Doll. I then got Mirai, and an older Dollfie dream Moe.

I also have a DD Kaito on preorder!

Super excited 😃

Unfortunately BJD/Vinyl doll collecting seems pretty niche here, so I don't really know anyone else who collects, so I'd love to meet some other people who love it.

I'm also super into Warhammer and video games :)

• Like 4

battrastard

Hello and welcome! 

Up in the right corner, just below your profile link, use the search source and type in "Australia". 

I found just under 300 hits, (294? I think) Or, as an alternate idea, once you become a full member, post up in the Meet-up and events sub-forum for folks that might be near you.

which Warhammer? I used to play 40K ages ago, but I still have the majority of my figs. 

For me, as far as video games, @Poofiemus, @sinclair, and I comment on another chat about Genshin Impact a Lot!!

(we've been kicking around putting up a "Travellers Guild" post here, too.) 

Have fun, comment a lot, (30) and it won't take long for two weeks to pass and be able to post your Kiddos!

Rick

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

Vampurrr
1 hour ago, battrastard said:

Hello and welcome! 

Up in the right corner, just below your profile link, use the search source and type in "Australia". 

I found just under 300 hits, (294? I think) Or, as an alternate idea, once you become a full member, post up in the Meet-up and events sub-forum for folks that might be near you.

which Warhammer? I used to play 40K ages ago, but I still have the majority of my figs. 

For me, as far as video games, @Poofiemus, @sinclair, and I comment on another chat about Genshin Impact a Lot!!

(we've been kicking around putting up a "Travellers Guild" post here, too.) 

Have fun, comment a lot, (30) and it won't take long for two weeks to pass and be able to post your Kiddos!

Rick

Thank you!

Oh wow. That's way more than I expected. I'd adore to go to a meet here if they have them.

40k! I'm currently working on my T'au army, and thinking of getting some Raven Guard soon. What army/s do you have? 😄

I played a bit of Gennshin Impact on my pc, but I'm hoping it will come to switch like they said soon. I'd love to play it while laying in bed 😄

Thanks again!!

RetroKanojo

Ah, yes.. the fabled Switch port.. @onion22@

I mean..! Hello, welcome! Seems like you already have a nice group of girls (and an upcoming boy too!) @onion12@ I live in a very rural area, so I don't know any doll collectors irl either, but that's exactly what this forum is for anyway! I hope you have lots of fun here!

Vampurrr
11 minutes ago, RetroKanojo said:

Ah, yes.. the fabled Switch port.. @onion22@

I mean..! Hello, welcome! Seems like you already have a nice group of girls (and an upcoming boy too!) @onion12@ I live in a very rural area, so I don't know any doll collectors irl either, but that's exactly what this forum is for anyway! I hope you have lots of fun here!

I know right?! Is it ever going be a thing? :o

Yes! I can't wait to get a boy. They seem so much harder to get with both SmD and Volks. Though I did just see Volks D'coord go up and I was tempted x3

Same here! Super rural, no transport or even atms, but at least the internet is good 😛

Thank you!!!

battrastard

Ah, T'au, I stopped playing way before they came out, the only xeno species out then were Orcs, Eldar and Tyranids. (3rd ver rules, just before all the Codex books came out)

I used to play at my boss's house every Tuesday, but when I moved down here to Tucson, I tried one gaming store setup, and got totally burnt out by the pre-teen munchkin crowd that wanted to spend over half the game time arguing over stupid stuff. 

So, I only collected a few more figures, painted them and put them away. 

Armies? I have about two full companies of Blood Angels, including Death Guard. My own Chapter, Dark Tigers, about a companies worth. I did start on the Command Group with scouts for Space Wolves, but didn't quite get them finished. And a finished squad of Grey Knights, the older pewter ones, not the new plastic pieces.

So far, I've only been playing Genshin on my phone. I have it downloaded for my laptop, but haven't figured out how to load "My" game to it, and I don't really want to start over with a new account. 

• Like 1

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

Rajke

Welcome to the Forums 

@onion12@

Two weeks will be past by quickly. 
Also owner of a Chitose Multiverse. It’s a very cool sculpt.

seeya around,

Rajke 

• Like 1

@onion20@   This is a signature.

Xiongmao

Welcome! I have Kaito preordered too. I have 5 Dollfie girls (DDdy, DDS, DDS, DDP, MDD Mochi-Ashi) so I can't tell you how excited they are about Kaito arriving.

• Like 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Vampurrr
18 hours ago, battrastard said:

Ah, T'au, I stopped playing way before they came out, the only xeno species out then were Orcs, Eldar and Tyranids. (3rd ver rules, just before all the Codex books came out)

I used to play at my boss's house every Tuesday, but when I moved down here to Tucson, I tried one gaming store setup, and got totally burnt out by the pre-teen munchkin crowd that wanted to spend over half the game time arguing over stupid stuff. 

So, I only collected a few more figures, painted them and put them away. 

Armies? I have about two full companies of Blood Angels, including Death Guard. My own Chapter, Dark Tigers, about a companies worth. I did start on the Command Group with scouts for Space Wolves, but didn't quite get them finished. And a finished squad of Grey Knights, the older pewter ones, not the new plastic pieces.

So far, I've only been playing Genshin on my phone. I have it downloaded for my laptop, but haven't figured out how to load "My" game to it, and I don't really want to start over with a new account. 

Oh wow! That's awesome.  I'm kinda new still. Been in the hobby for 3 years, but I'd played some games and read lore before I got into the tabletop game.

Space Wolves and grey knights! They are awesome. Is the pewter hard to work with? I've only worked with plastic and their resin kits before.

I can never game on my phone as I think the battery is kicking it. It dies so fast.

Oh yeah, having to start over in games can sometimes kill my motivation to play it entirely

Vampurrr
9 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

Welcome! I have Kaito preordered too. I have 5 Dollfie girls (DDdy, DDS, DDS, DDP, MDD Mochi-Ashi) so I can't tell you how excited they are about Kaito arriving.

Oh my gosh the MDD Mochi Ashi bodies are SO cute. I love their chubby legs.

I was considering getting a body and trying to find a head. I hope they eventually sell a Mochi-Ashi standard model.

Absolutely!! My first boy doll. I was considering a SmD boy, but it seems they weren't around for long and sold quickly 😟

FitzofInspiration

Welcome!! Kaito looks super cool, congrats on your preorder! I'd consider getting him as well if I wasn't committed to smaller vinyl dolls (I've got enough huge resin guys as is, lol, all the way up to 80cm tall). I used to have a mochi ashi but I found the posability limiting for me personally (but perhaps I was too gentle). I have a Dollbot body that should be delivered tomorrow which is similar in terms of aesthetic to the mochi ashi and seems more posable from what I've seen! I know a lot of people love the mochi ashi body though and it's not a big deal if you're more form over function when it comes to dolls ^^

What games do you like playing, by the way? I'm personally very excited for the new Pokemon ones coming out next week!

Xiongmao

My Mochi-Ashi is a hassle to pose. She's had a traumatic life and maybe several owners and her joints are terrible. But she's in tan and has elf ears and I was lucky to get her as many, many people wanted her.

Also there's an etsy seller who does Mochi-Ashi roller skates. They are beyond awesome.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

Vampurrr
12 hours ago, FitzofInspiration said:

Welcome!! Kaito looks super cool, congrats on your preorder! I'd consider getting him as well if I wasn't committed to smaller vinyl dolls (I've got enough huge resin guys as is, lol, all the way up to 80cm tall). I used to have a mochi ashi but I found the posability limiting for me personally (but perhaps I was too gentle). I have a Dollbot body that should be delivered tomorrow which is similar in terms of aesthetic to the mochi ashi and seems more posable from what I've seen! I know a lot of people love the mochi ashi body though and it's not a big deal if you're more form over function when it comes to dolls ^^

What games do you like playing, by the way? I'm personally very excited for the new Pokemon ones coming out next week!

Oh wow. I had no idea about the limited posing. I always loved DDs because their posing seems so much better than my SmDs. My really old DD Moe can sit better than both of my SmDs x3

Absolutely love Pokemon! My partner is getting Scarlet, and I'm getting Violet :) I'm so excited!!

I love games like Morrowind, Fallout New Vegas, Stardew Valley, The Outer Worlds, Slime Rancher :3

I recently tried the new Splatoon and loved it

Edited by Vampurrr
  • Like 1

Vampurrr
9 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

My Mochi-Ashi is a hassle to pose. She's had a traumatic life and maybe several owners and her joints are terrible. But she's in tan and has elf ears and I was lucky to get her as many, many people wanted her.

Also there's an etsy seller who does Mochi-Ashi roller skates. They are beyond awesome.

I absolutely adore Mochi-Ashi bodies in tan. That's a dd choice thing isn't it?

My partner and I are saving for Japan, so I'll definitely be doing a dd choice while I'm there! The tan is so dang cute.

I gotta look up those roller skates :o

I wonder if they could fit angel philia

Edited by Vampurrr

FitzofInspiration
11 hours ago, Vampurrr said:

Oh wow. I had no idea about the limited posing. I always loved DDs because their posing seems so much better than my SmDs. My really old DD Moe can sit better than both of my SmDs x3

Absolutely love Pokemon! My partner is getting Scarlet, and I'm getting Violet :) I'm so excited!!

I love games like Morrowind, Fallout New Vegas, Stardew Valley, The Outer Worlds, Slime Rancher :3

I recently tried the new Splatoon and loved it

Yeah, I think that the larger DDs have an easier time posing perhaps? My mochi ashi couldn't sit up entirely straight (maybe if I forced it more she could've but it didn't feel safe to me to do so), and the knees only being able to bend to a right angle was annoying for me personally as someone who really likes photography and also just fiddling with posing dolls. The body was a nice weight though and I like the shape of it!

And ooh awesome!! I'm getting Violet for sure! I have two friends getting Scarlet and one getting Violet so I'm sort of evening out the group, heheh. Which starter are you going for? I was gonna go for Fuecoco but after looking at evolution leaks I'm definitely team Sprigatito. 

Xiongmao

Here's my Mochi-Ashi (on the right obviously - on the left is DDdy Towa). She was an impulse buy from Facebook. She cost a LOT but there were so many people who wanted her. With tan skin and elf ears she is HOT HOT HOT property!

The skates are by SKDollhouse on etsy. They are not cheap but then again they have a near-mythical status amongst aspiring doll apparel makers.

Of all my girls the DDS are easiest to pose. Any doll owner definitely needs one of these.

As to visiting Japan, I visited 4 times between 2007-10. I wasn't into dolls at the time but I did get a couple of figures and quite a few books from Mandarake in Akihabara. I was too intimidated to buy from the Shibuya store as it was like a freaking museum down there.

Nakano Broadway is also worth a look as it had some astonishing stuff. And for a day trip Nikko was astounding. I also loved Kamakura and it's 100% like it's portrayed in the brilliant Elfen Lied anime.

spacer.png

Edited by Xiongmao
  • Like 1

Vampurrr
9 hours ago, FitzofInspiration said:

Yeah, I think that the larger DDs have an easier time posing perhaps? My mochi ashi couldn't sit up entirely straight (maybe if I forced it more she could've but it didn't feel safe to me to do so), and the knees only being able to bend to a right angle was annoying for me personally as someone who really likes photography and also just fiddling with posing dolls. The body was a nice weight though and I like the shape of it!

And ooh awesome!! I'm getting Violet for sure! I have two friends getting Scarlet and one getting Violet so I'm sort of evening out the group, heheh. Which starter are you going for? I was gonna go for Fuecoco but after looking at evolution leaks I'm definitely team Sprigatito. 

Oh wow! Honestly that is really good to know. For a bit I couldn't decide between a Mochi-Ashi or Angel Philia. I really like Elle so I went with AP, but I realllly want good posing.
I actually wanted good posing for photography too! I used to do heaps of it, and had a really good DSLR. I kind of fell out of it, but now being back into dolls has made me interested in it again.
Do you upload your pictures here? :)

I'm thinking Fuecoco as well. I tend to go fire startes every time for some reason, and my partner usually goes grass or water!
I was thinking of getting the Pokemon NIntendo Switch for it, but I don't like the joy cons that much,.. but I LOVE how the dock and back of the switch itself looks.

Vampurrr
2 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

Here's my Mochi-Ashi (on the right obviously - on the left is DDdy Towa). She was an impulse buy from Facebook. She cost a LOT but there were so many people who wanted her. With tan skin and elf ears she is HOT HOT HOT property!

The skates are by SKDollhouse on etsy. They are not cheap but then again they have a near-mythical status amongst aspiring doll apparel makers.

Of all my girls the DDS are easiest to pose. Any doll owner definitely needs one of these.

As to visiting Japan, I visited 4 times between 2007-10. I wasn't into dolls at the time but I did get a couple of figures and quite a few books from Mandarake in Akihabara. I was too intimidated to buy from the Shibuya store as it was like a freaking museum down there.

Nakano Broadway is also worth a look as it had some astonishing stuff. And for a day trip Nikko was astounding. I also loved Kamakura and it's 100% like it's portrayed in the brilliant Elfen Lied anime.

spacer.png

Awwww! She is so freakin cute, and I LOVE those skates. I feel like I need some, even if they don't fit any of my dolls 😅
Oh yeah, I can definitely see why people wanted her. Especially those cute tan elf ears ahhhh <3

I'm planning on collecting quite a few dolldie dream dolls, so I'd definitely love to get one in every size! Right now I have a standard DD, but she is pretty old (2003 I think)
Though I was able to buy her brand new, so you would have no idea.

Are you planning on visiting again? I'm hoping to go some time next year. Probably around Halloween as I'd love to try all of the Halloween events there!
I'm really excited to try out the Pokemon Cafe, the Ghibli museum and Super Nintendo World ^_^

FitzofInspiration
35 minutes ago, Vampurrr said:

Oh wow! Honestly that is really good to know. For a bit I couldn't decide between a Mochi-Ashi or Angel Philia. I really like Elle so I went with AP, but I realllly want good posing.
I actually wanted good posing for photography too! I used to do heaps of it, and had a really good DSLR. I kind of fell out of it, but now being back into dolls has made me interested in it again.
Do you upload your pictures here? :)

I'm thinking Fuecoco as well. I tend to go fire startes every time for some reason, and my partner usually goes grass or water!
I was thinking of getting the Pokemon NIntendo Switch for it, but I don't like the joy cons that much,.. but I LOVE how the dock and back of the switch itself looks.

Angel Philia have excellent posing!! I have an AP Emma, myself, and I'm very impressed by her range of motion ^^ She's getting a DDH-10 hybrid-ed onto her body now though, as soon as I have time to do the faceup!

And I haven't posted any photos here yet! Well, unless you count an unboxing and one of my BJD photos. I'm pretty new to the vinyl side of things, all things considered, so I haven't done a lot of photoshoots yet, mostly just a few pictures like this one I took tonight after this gal got her new Dollbot body.

ejhI2fs.jpg

• Like 4

FitzofInspiration

Very basic low-effort photos so far, lol

Vampurrr
8 minutes ago, FitzofInspiration said:

Angel Philia have excellent posing!! I have an AP Emma, myself, and I'm very impressed by her range of motion ^^ She's getting a DDH-10 hybrid-ed onto her body now though, as soon as I have time to do the faceup!

And I haven't posted any photos here yet! Well, unless you count an unboxing and one of my BJD photos. I'm pretty new to the vinyl side of things, all things considered, so I haven't done a lot of photoshoots yet, mostly just a few pictures like this one I took tonight after this gal got her new Dollbot body.

ejhI2fs.jpg

Awww, what a cutie!
I love that outfit too. I was thinking of getting it x)

I'd love to see some pictures when you take them!

• Like 2

FitzofInspiration
17 hours ago, Vampurrr said:

Awww, what a cutie!
I love that outfit too. I was thinking of getting it x)

I'd love to see some pictures when you take them!

Thank you! And ikr? It's a super cute outfit!!

I'm thinking of taking some pictures today so I'll let ya know if that plan comes to fruition 😄