Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Vampurrr

taobao proxy?

Vampurrr

Hey! I'm in Australia and using to look for a proxy for Taobao. I know I can technically order through taobao as an Australian, but with them randomly locking/freezing accounts, I'd rather go through a proxy.

While looking I saw Parcel Up, but I can't find many reviews. Has anyone used them, or know of a trustworthy proxy?

Thank you!

Monty

I’m also in AU - I used to use 42agent, but lately their shipping prices are absolutely insane, and their taobao crawl function on their site (what converts the taobao links into item pages on their site) isn’t working like 65% of the time which is agitating. I like that they give you photos to check the items before they send them - although unfortunately they have still sent me the wrong item before of stuff I couldn’t confirm in the photo (like wig colour between two close colours, shoe size) although I’m not sure if this was their fault or the taobao sellers fault. 

Friends of mine have used BJDBhiner and Spreenow. I kinda like the interface for Spreenow and their crawl seems to work well, but I haven’t used them myself.

For my current order of stuff I’ve gone with newcloversinging, although she only does taobao orders by email. (I sent her the links to what I wanted) and since Taobao won’t even let me browse normally, (they also froze both accounts I made for no reason) I had to get a lot of the links via bjdbhiner anyway lol;; I decided to try newcloversinging because, even though her fees are higher than other proxies, she does free shipping. I haven’t actually calculated if it cost me more than 42agent or not.

Anyway, the hardest part for me is just getting the links. Usually I’m getting them off other people who can actually browse Taobao, or trawling through the categories on bjdbhiner, right clicking the link to show the original taobao page and copy pasting that link (because if I click it I just get redirected to a login)

• Like 2

Vampurrr
8 hours ago, Monty said:

I’m also in AU - I used to use 42agent, but lately their shipping prices are absolutely insane, and their taobao crawl function on their site (what converts the taobao links into item pages on their site) isn’t working like 65% of the time which is agitating. I like that they give you photos to check the items before they send them - although unfortunately they have still sent me the wrong item before of stuff I couldn’t confirm in the photo (like wig colour between two close colours, shoe size) although I’m not sure if this was their fault or the taobao sellers fault. 

Friends of mine have used BJDBhiner and Spreenow. I kinda like the interface for Spreenow and their crawl seems to work well, but I haven’t used them myself.

For my current order of stuff I’ve gone with newcloversinging, although she only does taobao orders by email. (I sent her the links to what I wanted) and since Taobao won’t even let me browse normally, (they also froze both accounts I made for no reason) I had to get a lot of the links via bjdbhiner anyway lol;; I decided to try newcloversinging because, even though her fees are higher than other proxies, she does free shipping. I haven’t actually calculated if it cost me more than 42agent or not.

Anyway, the hardest part for me is just getting the links. Usually I’m getting them off other people who can actually browse Taobao, or trawling through the categories on bjdbhiner, right clicking the link to show the original taobao page and copy pasting that link (because if I click it I just get redirected to a login)

That's also been my problem. As soon as I try to look at something it keeps asking me to log in.

I made an account some while ago, and that was locked as well.

Ooh! Thank you. I definitely have more options to look at now. Free shipping sounds great, as that seems to be the biggest cost when I look at proxies. How fast was the shipping that newcloversinging used?

Monty
6 hours ago, Vampurrr said:

How fast was the shipping that newcloversinging used?

I had previously used her to buy a Tinyfox body, it shipped on the 27th of July and arrived on the 8th of August. (edit: I live in an rural place though which always adds a couple more days) Like I said though the higher fees cover the ‘free shipping’ so depending on what or how much you buy it may end up more expensive or the same compared to other proxies in the long run (especially because these proxies always insist on charging in USD for some reason oof 😔) but I’ve yet to do an actual price breakdown comparison to see.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1