Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Angered-Icon

Sewing panty hose

Angered-Icon

Hey Anyone have know how / experience with sewing panty hose material? I got some sheer panty hose like material that has super potential for smexy stuff. The question is how does one sew this material? Both to make the outfit and to keep it from running. I do have a sewing machine. I don't have a surger.

Any hints, tips or tricks. Thanks.

black_magicat

While I personally havent used that type of fabric... I guess it depends on how thin the fabric is. if its the type of pantyhose that easily rips that will be difficult to sew but maybe if you reinforced it with some sheer stretch interfacing that will help it not tear. if its a bit more sturdy like leggings type, then you can use a small zig zag width stitch on it and treat it similar to any stretch fabric. use jersey ball point needle to prevent holes/tears

Angered-Icon

hmmm ok guess I'll just have to try and experiment. It is the kin kind unfortunately.

tinydollproblem

I know this is older, but if you're still having trouble with it I have a few suggestions.

There's water solvable interfacing. You can cut out your fabric lay it on top of it and sew like normal, then drop it in a bucket/sink of water an the interfacing will dissolve leaving just the stocking.

Other option is hand sewing. Delicate items I tend to hand sew because it's gentler on the fabic.

Also fray check the edges, it'll prevent some runs.

RetroKanojo
3 hours ago, tinydollproblem said:

There's water solvable interfacing. You can cut out your fabric lay it on top of it and sew like normal, then drop it in a bucket/sink of water an the interfacing will dissolve leaving just the stocking.

I think I saw some tutorials where they used plain paper for this! They pinned the fabric down on the paper, sewed over it and when it was done, they carefully ripped the paper away. Never done anything like this myself though.

tinydollproblem
1 hour ago, RetroKanojo said:

I think I saw some tutorials where they used plain paper for this! They pinned the fabric down on the paper, sewed over it and when it was done, they carefully ripped the paper away. Never done anything like this myself though.

With sheer panty hose material I'd worry about the paper being stubborn, but it should work in theory!

• Like 1