Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Roserolls

Obitsu Shop?

Roserolls

Hello! I was wondering if anyone has had any experiences dealing directly with the official Obitsu shop (https://www.obitsushop.com/)? I noticed that they carry way more products than dealers like Parabox. Did you have to use a proxy for international orders? If so, which proxy would you recommend?

ragnamuffin
13 hours ago, Roserolls said:

Hello! I was wondering if anyone has had any experiences dealing directly with the official Obitsu shop (https://www.obitsushop.com/)? I noticed that they carry way more products than dealers like Parabox. Did you have to use a proxy for international orders? If so, which proxy would you recommend?

I ordered directly from the Obitsu Shop a few months ago and was pleasantly surprised with the service I received.

They made it sound like it would take forever to ship my stuff since they’re “a small company with few employees” and “they don’t work weekends and holidays” and “may take up to two weeks to prepare an order” (all things written in their disclaimer), but they actually sent my stuff the day after payment was confirmed, and it arrived the next day (which is standard in Japan).

I didn’t use a proxy since I live in Japan, but you’ll need one since they do not ship overseas.

• Like 1

Roserolls
12 hours ago, ragnamuffin said:

I ordered directly from the Obitsu Shop a few months ago and was pleasantly surprised with the service I received.

They made it sound like it would take forever to ship my stuff since they’re “a small company with few employees” and “they don’t work weekends and holidays” and “may take up to two weeks to prepare an order” (all things written in their disclaimer), but they actually sent my stuff the day after payment was confirmed, and it arrived the next day (which is standard in Japan).

I didn’t use a proxy since I live in Japan, but you’ll need one since they do not ship overseas.

Thank you for your response! Their shipping sounds impressive. I've been trying to find a proxy service or someone that can give me an estimate for the shipping price and fees for an obitsu bust before paying for the purchase, but so far haven't had any luck...

Ideally, I would have liked to buy an Azone 50cm AZO2 bust, but since I have no way of knowing whether they sell them in the "super white" skintone and all the proxies I've reached out to about it haven't responded, I'll probably have to go with the Obitsu instead. Unfortunately, I'll probably have to shell out for a super overpriced one on ebay.😑

ragnamuffin
2 hours ago, Roserolls said:

Thank you for your response! Their shipping sounds impressive. I've been trying to find a proxy service or someone that can give me an estimate for the shipping price and fees for an obitsu bust before paying for the purchase, but so far haven't had any luck...

Depends where your proxy is located, but shipping from Obitsu to Tokyo is 800 yen and a couple hundred yen more for more remote places. Free shipping for orders over 11,000 yen.

2 hours ago, Roserolls said:

Ideally, I would have liked to buy an Azone 50cm AZO2 bust, but since I have no way of knowing whether they sell them in the "super white" skintone and all the proxies I've reached out to about it haven't responded, I'll probably have to go with the Obitsu instead. Unfortunately, I'll probably have to shell out for a super overpriced one on ebay.😑

Unfortunately, I don’t think they do. I didn’t even know Azone sold AZO2 parts separately, but apparently they sell (or used to sell) parts in 白肌 (white skin), which I believe is Obitsu “whitey” and not “super whitey”. The parts they sell online are all sold out atm.

If you do decide to order something from Azonet (Azone’s online store), shipping is a flat rate of 880 yen to most parts of Japan. Free shipping for members on orders over 10,000 yen.

• Like 1

Vampurrr

I've heard good things about ZenMarket, though I haven't used them myself yet.
They let you add links from outside of the shops on the website, so might be a good one to look at :)

• Like 1

Roserolls
1 hour ago, ragnamuffin said:

Depends where your proxy is located, but shipping from Obitsu to Tokyo is 800 yen and a couple hundred yen more for more remote places. Free shipping for orders over 11,000 yen.

Unfortunately, I don’t think they do. I didn’t even know Azone sold AZO2 parts separately, but apparently they sell (or used to sell) parts in 白肌 (white skin), which I believe is Obitsu “whitey” and not “super whitey”. The parts they sell online are all sold out atm.

If you do decide to order something from Azonet (Azone’s online store), shipping is a flat rate of 880 yen to most parts of Japan. Free shipping for members on orders over 10,000 yen.

OMG I for some reason never knew that Azone had their own online store, I only saw people mention their dealers instead. It looks like they even added an option for international shipping with the "worldshopping cart". I'll have to keep an eye on that store to see if they ever do get super whitey parts in stock, although I don't think they have any parts for AZO2 in stock right now (except for an arm lol). Thank you for telling me about the site!

31 minutes ago, Vampurrr said:

I've heard good things about ZenMarket, though I haven't used them myself yet.
They let you add links from outside of the shops on the website, so might be a good one to look at :)

Thank you, I'll have to look into it! Although tbh these proxy services always make me so confused and nervous since they want the money deposited into the account in order to pay for the purchase, and you won't know what the cost of shipping is until after you purchase the item...I may end up just letting the ebay seller rob me just for the sake of speed, convenience, and familiarity with the platform lol.

• Like 1

ragnamuffin
19 hours ago, Roserolls said:

OMG I for some reason never knew that Azone had their own online store, I only saw people mention their dealers instead. It looks like they even added an option for international shipping with the "worldshopping cart". I'll have to keep an eye on that store to see if they ever do get super whitey parts in stock, although I don't think they have any parts for AZO2 in stock right now (except for an arm lol). Thank you for telling me about the site!

I didn’t know either, although recently they were hiring for “international sales” so I wondered if they were going to start selling internationally. I guess they’re rushing to get that sweet, sweet overvalued USD 😆

19 hours ago, Roserolls said:

I may end up just letting the ebay seller rob me just for the sake of speed, convenience, and familiarity with the platform lol.

I just looked up Obitsu busts on eBay and that’s ridiculous. I’m assuming you want the L Bust in Super Whitey? It costs like $8 on the official shop and they’re charging $50 for it. If the price doesn’t include shipping, you’re getting seriously ripped off (overseas shipping from Japan is pretty wack atm; last I checked a 500g package cost $30 to send, so that eBay listing is only worth it if shipping is free).

If you can’t find it anywhere else for a reasonable price, send me a DM and maybe we can work something out. I don’t know how much it weighs so I can’t calculate shipping, but surely it’s cheaper than what that seller on eBay is trying to charge.

• Like 1

Roserolls
54 minutes ago, ragnamuffin said:

I didn’t know either, although recently they were hiring for “international sales” so I wondered if they were going to start selling internationally. I guess they’re rushing to get that sweet, sweet overvalued USD 😆

I just looked up Obitsu busts on eBay and that’s ridiculous. I’m assuming you want the L Bust in Super Whitey? It costs like $8 on the official shop and they’re charging $50 for it. If the price doesn’t include shipping, you’re getting seriously ripped off (overseas shipping from Japan is pretty wack atm; last I checked a 500g package cost $30 to send, so that eBay listing is only worth it if shipping is free).

If you can’t find it anywhere else for a reasonable price, send me a DM and maybe we can work something out. I don’t know how much it weighs so I can’t calculate shipping, but surely it’s cheaper than what that seller on eBay is trying to charge.

Thank you so much! 😭 Yeah, the price on the ebay listing is insane, but I'm assuming they're including the shipping costs in the price since shipping is free (what's weird is their other items all seem relatively normal in pricing, it's just the bust that's like $40 more than the original lol) But even then, I can't imagine the bust weighs that much or is in a large package or anything, so $40 shipping still seems crazy. That's more than half the shipping for my entire DD Moe!

I'm currently asking around individuals that run proxy services on Instagram to see if they can get the part, but so far I haven't had much luck with the responses. I might have to take you up on your offer. That's very kind of you and I would be very thankful! 😭

Tierparkzone
9 hours ago, ragnamuffin said:

I don’t know how much it weighs so I can’t calculate shipping, but surely it’s cheaper than what that seller on eBay is trying to charge.

8 hours ago, Roserolls said:

But even then, I can't imagine the bust weighs that much or is in a large package or anything, so $40 shipping still seems crazy.

Japan post has a shipping fee calculator: https://www.post.japanpost.jp/cgi-charge/index.php?lang=_en
But of course be aware the rates may eventually change if you ship a long time after you did the calculation.

To my knowledge, EMS prices stay the same for anything below 500 grams (which should be the case for the bust). - And to the US, that's currently 3,900 yen.
There are cheaper options such as "International ePacket", but I have no experience with those.