Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

ragnamuffin

Why did you join the forums?

RyuichiSakuma13

I managed to find a Hatsune Miku, and being new to vinyl dolls, I wanted info.  I googled "vinyl doll forums," and this was the first one to pop up.  I lurked for a bit, saw how friendly (and informative) everyone was, and decided to join.

OOH, my 100th post!  YAY! 😁

Ryu

Edited by RyuichiSakuma13
  • Haha 2

meltystardrops

Like others I lurked a lot initially because I'm shy, but I also don't have a lot of friends who are into doll collecting and wanted to connect with others who enjoyed it as well. Once my first dolls body arrived I decided to make an account! 

Also being newer to doll collecting there have been so many helpful resources on here which have been very appreciated!

• Like 3

Veravey

I just wanted to talk to people, to share inspiration and get inspired. <3

• Like 3

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

meteorite

Bump!

The classic forum / BBS format is my favourite way to interact with people online. It encourages longer, more thoughtful posts, and I find I "get to know" each user as jf it were a real life club, because their profile is prominently displayed next to their post.

Modern social media feels like a wasteland these days with the number of bots, shills and conspiracy theorists running about. The algorithms, of course, contribute to the toxic atmosphere by boosting (or censoring) controversial topics.

I love that I can come here and just... talk about dolls. It's very chill. This forum is free from the baggage that DoA has, which is even better. Like ragnamuffin, I'm surprised at how often I post here.

• Like 2

RozenGermain

Seconded! The way forums work and what posts they encourage pretty much explains why I love them so much! Social media like Twitter is more stressful in comparison to here, though tbh I think I mainly learned this after joining DollDreaming and DoA. I mostly wanted to join for doll advice, mainly!

• Like 1

Roserolls

I love having a community that will help troubleshoot and find solutions for any doll problems you might encounter! Nearly any issue or question has already been had by a user on here and they can help out.

I also love old school forums like this and used to lurk constantly back when it was called dollfiedreams. I'm not a fan of newer social media and find it difficult to navigate.

• Like 1

Giragira

I wanted to support a forum and I love dolls. Social media is hellish and I don't like the internet feeling like it's limited to 3 or 4 websites. It makes me nostalgic being here and I like slowly getting to know the usual faces.

• Like 1

mmmuguet
2 hours ago, meteorite said:

Bump!

The classic forum / BBS format is my favourite way to interact with people online.

Agreed on this - I was lamenting the loss of BBS popularity with a coworker the other day haha.  I just prefer it! I really dislike discord, it doesn't fill the hobby communication niche for me; it's too scattered, not intuitive for me, and a chat room doesn't replace a forum imo.

I joined to have a specific place I can browse for photos/information/news.  I'm a bit limited in the topics I can have any real input for (my budding crew is not one of the major subforums haha), but I still enjoy reading through threads~

• Like 1

Zai

I’m one of those who joined way before participating in the forums, yup! I think it was the Y’shtola DD announcement that got me interested in DDs again (I really wanted her) although not quite sure if the times line up. Was (still am, I suppose) a figure collector so naturally I’d find myself browsing DC’s blog and figure.fm back when it was younger, then when DDs came around… I was intrigued and lurked most posts featuring them. My spouse and I collected figures together though and he had absolutely no interest so I just admired from afar, I guess? But now here I am with my gorgeous Stoli (yes, a secondhand unused Y’shtola from Mandarake, my poor wallet lol) and have no more reason to not share my love for her and everyone else’s dolls. I especially love seeing the dolls from old figure.fm days showing up… they’re almost like old friends at this point. @onion26@

Finally got myself a new SD card and hoping at least some figure photography skills transfer to DDs so I can contribute a bit more but if not they hey, new skill to learn! Plus, this community seems lovely, very welcoming to newcomers and extremely civil compared to most of the others out there. 

Edited by Zai
grammaaah
  • Like 4

Vinyl friends: Stoli (DD Y’shtola), Raili, Yuzuha and Minami-senpai (Azone PureNeemo).
Future friends: DD Alisaie, DD Alphinaud, DD Icon and a TinyFox friend or two. 
Maybe future friends: DD 2B, DD 9S, DD Luka

Monty

Ironically it was originally because I was looking for information on smartdoll Eiji after seeing his page go up on myfigurecollection, all the way back in 2015. The thread talking about his development was one of the first results on Google (back when the forum was dollfiedreams dot com) However this  also happened to be around the same time that the Kagamines were first announced. Back then I was a pure neemo fan that was kinda scared of ‘big dolls’ (as in scared of the price commitment, not the dolls themselves) but the Kagamines especially felt like the sign I needed to finally get one. I actually lurked a lot before making an account, and I remember it was the photo stories especially that helped me realise how much fun these ‘big dolls’ would be. I had a lot of very annoying newbie questions and probably annoyed a lot of people by being overexcited.

I still hang around even though I’m less active these days because despite everything I still love forums. I was always on different forums through my formative internet years and the fact that they’re seen as unfashionable/cumbersome nowadays makes me sad. I like discord groups for chatting with friends, but I think they’re not as accessible a source of info and not as easy to browse old content, which forums are really good for.

• Like 3

BeyondTime
10 hours ago, Monty said:

I had a lot of very annoying newbie questions and probably annoyed a lot of people by being overexcited.

I do not think you did, you seemed polite and you interacted well with other members; at least that was my impression. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Bad_Luck

I discovered this forum by chance. A friend and I were interesting in buying our first Tinyfox dolls, and wanted to see IRL photos of them to get a feel for what they were like. I did an image search, and found a bunch of images that led me to the Tinyfox thread here. And then I started exploring the rest of the site. Forums are my preferred form of social media, and I've been interested in vinyl dolls for awhile, so I eventually set up an account. I'm still pretty new, but I'm enjoying myself so far!

• Like 2

SonataAvalon

Firstly because I wanted to see some growth in YouTube's smart doll/dollfie dream videos like Miku and Mirai.
Secondly honestly on complete accident and honestly didn't want to join due past forum experience going bad and some people thought I didn't fit in, and it didn't go too well (read signature for how long I'm banished from the forum I speak of)

I guess now I like it here, there's some times that come here and there, but I like it here. Mods are nice.

Edited by SonataAvalon
updated
  • Like 1

Forums banned from year wise: GamePress FateGrand Order: 1,000 years. I'm a bit impulsive and do not mean what I say, so if I go off-topic please note I do have ADHD and Autism. I'm most likely younger than you btw.
Thank's for reading!

Calyps0Kitt3n

I definitely can relate to preferring forums over more 'standard' social media. I feel like that is a big factor as to why I joined here, besides getting my first DD and wanting to be a bit more active within the community. I've come to realize that I just prefer the more structured discussions that come about on forums. The way they are laid out, and the way topics are divided is so useful to me. I've never felt that actual conversations and communities are encouraged on most popular social medias. I also appreciate that my personal identity doesn't have to be directly tied to my account here, like it might be on other sites. Not that I have anything to hide, its just that some semblance of anonymity is nice. The fact that I can always come here and find breaking news related to dolls and people talking about them is what always brings me back. The Facebook groups are great, don't get me wrong, but there is just something about a forum that I am drawn to.

Snow Miku is definitely a good bit of the reason though, regardless of how much I like forums ! @onion30@

• Like 2