Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Chiakisenpai

Has anyone bought from Dolly Planet?

Chiakisenpai

I just made a purchase for some wigs and my browser decided to warn me after I already paid it was potentially "dangerous" haha.

Just wondering if anyone has used this site before or if I should cancel my order and update my info and passwords:

http://www.dollyplanet.com/

Oculae

No idea about the business itself, but the browser warning is cause the site uses HTTP. HTTPS is the standard these days, but not all older sites have gotten up to standards yet.

From a pure tech standpoint, as long as you don't use a password on that site that you use on other sites, and paid via PayPal or something that didn't directly share your credit card numbers with them, you didn't risk identity theft. The reason your browser warns you about HTTP because it's easier to run a trace on sites that use it, which can find information sent from your computer to the website's server and back...which means anything you directly enter into the site,like credit card numbers or passwords, is at risk of being read if a trace was on it at the time. If you paid through a processor like PayPal though, those are on a separate site from the retailer, so they'd be on HTTPS and don't have this problem.

If you share passwords between this site and others, definitely change those, and if you paid directly and not through a processor, yeah, cancel that and alert your card company. Otherwise you're fine from a safety standpoint!

• Thanks 1

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

MagicalRozen

Funnily enough I have and I swore I was going to get ripped off for the same reasons you're worried about.

Thankfully though, I did not and actually had a very positive experience with them!

I ordered a wig from them, and while it took a little bit to get to me it arrived well packaged and exactly as described! I didn't have any issues from a safety standpoint either.

Wig in question:

20221220_045439.jpg.010798995d2fb3f6878ce6d56fbd294a.jpg

So overall a good but a bit of a nerve-racking experience with DollyPlanet.

• Like 2

Khepra, Ginkgo, TamakiDelilah, HimikoRin, Ann, Sana, Kana, Robin, Amane, And Others That May Come And Go.

Chiakisenpai
15 minutes ago, MagicalRozen said:

Funnily enough I have and I swore I was going to get ripped off for the same reasons you're worried about.

Thankfully though, I did not and actually had a very positive experience with them!

I ordered a wig from them, and while it took a little bit to get to me it arrived well packaged and exactly as described! I didn't have any issues from a safety standpoint either.

Wig in question:

20221220_045439.jpg.010798995d2fb3f6878ce6d56fbd294a.jpg

So overall a good but a bit of a nerve-racking experience with DollyPlanet.

Wow that’s such a cute wig! Glad it was positive for you~ I ordered a double ponytail wig for my volksSD13 girl and I’m so eager for it already haha. 
how long did it take for you to get the item if you don’t mind me asking?