Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
RogueMarks

New Soft Limbs?

RogueMarks

So I saw that Obitsu was planning to release limbs in a softer vinyl, announced in like, 2020 or so? I assume this is more akin to AP's soft skin option. Does anyone know if these are already in production and are now the default material when buying replacement arms/legs on Parabox or Obitsu's site? I want to replace at least one leg part so I can fully have my default 50cm in a kneeling position with the new squishy material and don't want to waste the money if they aren't the new squishy parts yet.

ragnamuffin

If you mean this announcement, then they have been the default parts since at least January 2020 since my Azone Alice, which uses the 48cm body and was released in January 2020, has the new vinyl shells for the thighs and calves.

RogueMarks

Awesome, time to buy some new parts! I haven't gotten a new OB in ages 😄

chef_mai

Keep in mind that this changed the vinyl uniformly to semi-rigid, which has a little bit of flex but is not soft-touch like Obitsu soft vinyl or AP soft skin. While not soft to the touch, the semi-rigid materials improve flexibility over the pre-2020 hard vinyl limbs.

RogueMarks

Yeah, I ordered new 50 thighs and shins so I can at least do a comparison for others. Suppose I'll just need to wait on some AP parts to restock for that best squish 😆

RogueMarks

Update for the curious: the new stock parts lack the channels at the top of each shell (notorious for making disassembly a pain) but they feel just as rigid as the old shells.

• Thanks 1