Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Loveotomy

Clear Tote Bag as Carrier

Loveotomy

Has anyone every used one of these for carrying a doll around at cons? How did it work out for? Any suggestions on a good size for DD?

spacer.png

Xiongmao

I saw somebody using a dog carrier with a clear window - not sure if that was on this forum or somewhere else. I think I would like a bag with lots of compartments for all the stuff I would inevitably buy.

I want to go to some doll/anime conventions and I'm thinking choice of doll is super important - DDdy Towa is *really* heavy. I've also had Yor Forger weighed by the Buyee warehouse staff and she's not light either.

When I take my girls outside I use our Volks Miku edition carrier - the good thing about it is there's handles and a shoulder strap so it's good for shifting carrying positions. The main problem I used to have was the girls' wigs slipping off while I was placing them in the carrier - choice of wig is important for conventions too.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Loveotomy

I have a separate bag for carrying con stuff, so this bag would be dolls only :)

I'd be bringing either an MDD or just a basic DD. I've carried resin dolls around cons before, so these girls feel pretty light to me!

The thing is, I really need the bag to be clear so my girl can be seen! :) It's more for showing her off during the con, rather than transporting her to the event.

• Like 2

meltystardrops

That's such a cute bag! 😮 I love how it comes with the tiny bag that your doll could wear 

RyuichiSakuma13
On 1/29/2023 at 10:54 AM, Xiongmao said:

I saw somebody using a dog carrier with a clear window - not sure if that was on this forum or somewhere else. I think I would like a bag with lots of compartments for all the stuff I would inevitably buy.

I want to go to some doll/anime conventions and I'm thinking choice of doll is super important - DDdy Towa is *really* heavy. I've also had Yor Forger weighed by the Buyee warehouse staff and she's not light either.

When I take my girls outside I use our Volks Miku edition carrier - the good thing about it is there's handles and a shoulder strap so it's good for shifting carrying positions. The main problem I used to have was the girls' wigs slipping off while I was placing them in the carrier - choice of wig is important for conventions too.

I saw that dog carrier pic, it was on Reddit!  I'm planning on getting one for Miku, or any other dolls I plan to take to conventions.  To paraphrase what was said before, "I want Miku/any resin BJDs to be seen" when I go to a con.

I like the star case, but its too girly for me to carry around. 😅  Being a Goth dude, if they had a bat or a coffin bag....

Maybe because I'm used to resin BJDs, I find Miku to be exceedingly light in comparison.  I can't wait to take her to a con, I hope the next one I go to has a doll meetup, I haven't been to one since pre-COVID.  Maybe I should organize a local BJD and vinyl meetup.  Hmmm....🤔 

Ryu 

• Like 2

battrastard

If you're only carrying one, and want your Kiddo to be seen, I just ordered this (for Science!!): 

https://www.amazon.com/Shoulder-Immobilizer-Lightweight-Breathable-Fractured/dp/B07MXTT717/ref=sr_1_51?crid=5F1TWT4R3S5A&keywords=elbow+sling&qid=1675929128&sprefix=elbow+sling%2Caps%2C297&sr=8-51

It'll be here next week, and I'll try to get pics, if it's successful. Being mesh, and an adjustable and padded shoulder strap, it "might" work? 

And, being right in front of you, makes it harder for others to take her, too. 

I'll let everyone know after it gets here!

Rick

• Like 1

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

Xiongmao
8 hours ago, RyuichiSakuma13 said:

Maybe because I'm used to resin BJDs, I find Miku to be exceedingly light in comparison.  I can't wait to take her to a con, I hope the next one I go to has a doll meetup, I haven't been to one since pre-COVID.  Maybe I should organize a local BJD and vinyl meetup.  Hmmm....🤔

My DDS aren't too bad, but my arms would break if I had to carry Dynamite Towa around all day 😂. Yor's probably the same but Towa has a thing for longer hair and heavier outfits and shoes too.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

battrastard

A small follow-up from my above post: 

I ordered a sling/arm immobilizer from Amazon last week, thinking it would be really easy to carry one of the girls out and about at a meet, or to one of the Cons I plan on going to this year. (Phoenix Fan Fusion and SabotenCon) Both Merri and Tana volunteered happily for a few pictures to show how well they sit in it! 

2023-02-20_06-30-42

With Merri being the bigger girl of the Family, A DDdy Mai Shiranui, she has no problem, size-wise, sitting comfortably in it. 

2023-02-20_06-35-40

Tana also has no problems being "Comfy". 

I'll take more pics as the Cons roll around. 

Rick.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

amijules

Idk where you're located, but a lot of schools in the USA require students to use clear plastic backpacks. If you can't find a tote bag that's big enough, you might be able to find a backpack of the same material/type that's got you covered! Maybe even with an extra pocket or two for padding or purchases, lol.

I tend to use grocery tote bags lined with either doll pillows, soft fleece blankets and towels, or a combination when I'm out and about with my dolls, but I've never tried a clear one! I suppose with all the layers keeping the doll(s) safe and tucked away, it would look more like I was just carrying towels in a beach bag - ooh, that's another idea, you might have some luck there too!

Edited by amijules
had another thought lol
  • Like 2

flora
On 2/6/2023 at 9:50 AM, Loveotomy said:

Decided to finally go with one of these!

Spreenow link in case anyone else needs one.

Thanks for the link! I saw someone at Ikkicon with a clear doll bag recently and have always loved the idea. I already have ita bags, but it wouldn't fit a doll behind the panels. Do these taobao bags usually come with padding or is there diy things to get to improve them?

flora

Any update on who you ended up taking? Did the star bag work out well? How was the purchasing process with spreepicky? 

Noxxbunny
5 hours ago, flora said:

Any update on who you ended up taking? Did the star bag work out well? How was the purchasing process with spreepicky? 

I tried to order the bag a while back, but Spreenow said the seller told them they were sold out of all colors. I think that was in March. No idea if they ever restocked :(

• Sad 1

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

RyuichiSakuma13

I finally got one of those bubble backpacks that cats and small dogs are put in to take them outside.  I found mine on Amazon.  Both Miku and Yukine seem to like it.

53065221164_e44d3f7f9d_b.jpg

Miku in the Bubble Backpack by Ryuichi Sakuma, on Flickr

Ryu

Edited by RyuichiSakuma13
Fixed a link
  • Like 6

RyuichiSakuma13

That poor doll looks like she's saying, "HELP!  Get me outta here!"

Ryu

• Haha 2

flora

I thought about the cat backpacks too! I've currently ordered 4 bags trying to get the right one to work (also generally obsessed with ita bags because I make keychains as an artist and love collecting small things). 

I'm thinking that the problem with most bags is they lack a hard outer structure, or the clear part of the bag is blocked by material, so I'm thinking about altering a large tote by cutting out the back where you'd normally pin on pins and keychains and/or adding cardboard or thin plastic to the inside of the bag for more structure. 

If anyone else has ideas, please share. 

MoiBakaDesu

Not my dolls, only the pictures from taobao, but I got these for future con visits with my 1/4 and 1/6 boys!

955793150_Screenshot_20230704-100743_FreeAdblockerBrowser.jpg.88dec335a38694bc6632b608cd16358e.jpgO1CN01jp87YI23RT4KWBlb8_!!1121957252.jpg.d3f71d157bcbd5de6d0feb36183ab2ba.jpgO1CN01rYNmzo1ZjqWKHhIjo_!!1828073231.jpg.d317e95e3bb714f607a8cfe8d07c0f1c.jpg