The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

That_Dollfie_Dude

Yoshitoku x F:NEX collaboration project "Hatsune Miku Traditional Japanese Doll 1/4 Scale"

That_Dollfie_Dude

Hello Friends,

While not a BJD, I thought some of you might be interested in this upcoming collaboration between traditional Japanese doll maker Yoshitoku, and anime figure maker F:NEX.  They are working together to make a 1/4 figure of Hatsune Miku dressed and styled as a traditional Japanese doll with a beautiful kimono.  So far only the artwork image is revealed.  This is a type of doll that you simply buy and display, but nevertheless I thought some of you might be interested.  She is not yet up for preorders. 

Twitter Link

Fownk7aaQAEl8YR.jpg

• Like 1

Monty

I have a passing interest in these from an aesthetic position because they do look nice. You can see some past Yoshitoku collabs here:

https://www.amiami.com/eng/search/list/?s_keywords=Yoshitoku

They don’t come cheap though, a combination of the large size and expensive fabric makes them twice as much as the average DD. I think they’re really cool to look at, but the doll fan in me isn’t interested in buying anything that big and expensive that can’t pose. Excited to see how Miku turns out, though. I really like the Pekora and Rem ones.

SakuraSylph

A prototype of this Miku was exhibited last weekend at Wonder Festival Winter 2023.  Despite the glaring no-photos sign you'll see, people took photos of it anyway, some of which were reuploaded to MFC.  So there's more available to the internet than just the art!

https://myfigurecollection.net/item/1781918

I wonder if FuRyu is prepared for the demand this is going to see. Not only does it look great so far, especially with the serene pose with the bird, it's Miku, who is a built-in demand printing machine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

SakuraSylph

Tam_I_am

Not my thing, but it's fun to look at the pictures.

Mikuhime

She's so pretty :3 I feared the day they'd reveal this, as it was just a question of time. I was hoping I wouldn't like it, but guess I'll have to plan that into my budget for this/next year.

6 hours ago, SakuraSylph said:

I wonder if FuRyu is prepared for the demand this is going to see. Not only does it look great so far, especially with the serene pose with the bird, it's Miku, who is a built-in demand printing machine.

The other characters they did for this are also quite popular (Rem, Kurumi, Albedo, etc), but Miku is THE figure poster girl. On the other hand, the price is so high (guessing 170-200k pre-tax), that it's inherently niche - but seeing that plenty Miku DDs get sold for 100k+ on the aftermarket, it's not like there aren't Miku fans with money to spare. So far the Yoshitoku x Fnex figures have been open preorder and were available on release (amiami still has some in stock currently), so it's really the question how much higher Miku's orders will be and if they go over the limit where the Kimono production becomes unfeasible, as the PVC body shouldn't be an issue. I think the scheduled release month in comparison to the Kizuna Ai figure (which was also shown at wonfes), will tell how much demand they expect.

What is funny that another very expensive Miku figure was at the event as well (that one was shown previously already, but went up for PO now). https://myfigurecollection.net/item/1220989

Edited by Mikuhime

Irulazuli

These are way too expensive to me for what they are, but damn, Albedo's kimono is to die for. I really like the pose on Miku though, it's very elegant and shows off the whole kimono.