The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

amijules

Longtime resin collector, ready to try vinyl!

amijules

Hi everybody! I've been into resin BJDs for more than fifteen years, but I've never owned a vinyl doll until recently. I got an old 27cm Obitsu Pixy head to be a little friend for an off-topic object head doll I'd made. Then the Dividing Line resin blind box BJDs came out, and they really charmed me. Now that I've got both a tiny vinyl an actual anime-style doll in my posession, it's opened up a world of doll fun! I had stayed mostly away from vinyl with the excuse that I couldn't justify anime-style dolls looking so starkly different from the rest of my collection, but there's no need to limit myself on what I enjoy, so here I am! I'd love to own some of the old 60cm Obitsu sculpts someday, especially Gretel and Haruka, but I love the smiling DDs and Tinyfox dolls as well. Thanks for having me!

• Like 3

Xiongmao

Welcome. I have one SDGr resin doll and she can swap outfits with my DDdy girls. One of the best things about DD is that there are just so many outfits available for them.

I have quite a few Azone Pureneemos too. The little ones look great on a shelf. The character series are super collectible too.

• Like 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

amijules
7 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

Welcome. I have one SDGr resin doll and she can swap outfits with my DDdy girls. One of the best things about DD is that there are just so many outfits available for them.

I have quite a few Azone Pureneemos too. The little ones look great on a shelf. The character series are super collectible too.

Thank you! I think that's another thing I find so appealing about getting into vinyl after already being into resin, some the standard sizes have enough overlap that between my existing doll wardrobe and sewing I don't have to worry about a whole extra budget to prevent naked dollies lol! DDs really do have such amazing outfit options, I always love seeing how people style them.

diastrefo

Welcome! I know the feeling when you say you felt you couldn't justify them with the rest of your collection (I have a small, mostly realistic in style resin collection). I only have two vinyl girls myself thus far, but Tinyfox constantly tempts me as well. I hope you have fun!

• Like 1

amijules

@diastrefo thank you!! I ended up giving into TF Temptation, lmao, NCS is having a 12% off sale right now so the standard 1/4th fullsets were only $202 and still with free shipping. I can't wait for her to get here! I ordered Rita, the puppy girl ❤️

• Like 1