Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

RiverRealms

Genesis has arrived

RiverRealms

I can finally officially join the vinyl club now with my first Smartdoll Genesis.

Genesis with the Tea skintone was the first vinyl doll I fell truly in love with and I'd even call her my grail, but when I found her she was already sold out I figured she'd never be mine.

Then I heard of anime-sugoi and checked their website: Genesis Tea low stock. I couldn't believe my luck and I didn't dare even mention her name on here in case the universe decided to take her away, BUT I managed to order her and afterwards I could see she was listed as out of stock, so I got the last one they had!

With many resin dolls in the past I've fallen in love with a sculpt only to find that I wish the doll handled differently when it got home. Genesis is amazing, there is nothing I would change and with how lightweight vinyl dolls are compared to resin I am now certain vinyl is my future.

Enough with the rambling, here is the cutie. Now I just need to get her some actual clothes 😀

spacer.png

• Like 10

Stupid_Hoomun

Congratulations on getting your first Smartie, she looks great. Have fun clothes shopping for her, finding them clothes is something I really enjoy doing, even if it can be a little expensive sometimes.

• Like 1

RiverRealms
2 minutes ago, Stupid_Hoomun said:

Congratulations on getting your first Smartie, she looks great. Have fun clothes shopping for her, finding them clothes is something I really enjoy doing, even if it can be a little expensive sometimes.

Thanks. I already have a closet for her and she looked less than pleased at the lack of clothes in it so I'll have to get on that. Shopping for doll stuff is a lot of fun and I may have already found some shoes that mysteriously fell into my shopping cart.

For now she has a tube dress that's not the best fit but at least she's no longer hanging around in her undies! 😆

spacer.png

• Like 2

RetroKanojo

The picture of her in front of the empty wardrobe reminds me of those pictures of children on Halloween, who got told by their parents that they have eaten all their candy as a prank 😂

She just looks so.. "Am I a joke to you?", I can't!

Congratulations on your new doll! Hope she brings you lots of joy - although this one looks like she might just bring lots of sass as well!

RiverRealms
1 hour ago, RetroKanojo said:

The picture of her in front of the empty wardrobe reminds me of those pictures of children on Halloween, who got told by their parents that they have eaten all their candy as a prank 😂

She just looks so.. "Am I a joke to you?", I can't!

Congratulations on your new doll! Hope she brings you lots of joy - although this one looks like she might just bring lots of sass as well!

OMG now that you say it I can totally see it 🤣 and here I thought I was all nice giving her a closet instead of a shoe box. None of my other dolls have ever had an actual full on dedicated closet (I'm totally not playing favorites here.)

Well, she'll just have to be patient as there is for some odd reason a Smartdoll sized hole in my wallet and my sewing machine is on the fritz so clothes will happen at the pace of hand sewing, and of course some purchased additions in the future because there is too much cute stuff out there not to.

• Like 1

Xiongmao

Congrats - my second vinyl was almost a SmartDoll, but then life went in another direction. I'm kind of getting Iori-type vibes from your girl. I think it's the similar hairstyle, long forehead and a touch of tsundere.

I love the empty wardrobe - I expect your new girl will fill it up. She'll be wanting some shoes too.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

RiverRealms
2 minutes ago, Xiongmao said:

Congrats - my second vinyl was almost a SmartDoll, but then life went in another direction. I'm kind of getting Iori-type vibes from your girl. I think it's the similar hairstyle, long forehead and a touch of tsundere.

I love the empty wardrobe - I expect your new girl will fill it up. She'll be wanting some shoes too.

Shoes are already on the way 😆 I'm familiar with tsundere but I've never heard of Iori-type so you may have to help me out there.

I have over 100 characters from stories I work on but somehow shelling them into dolls never work out so Genesis may get a name but probably won't have a persistent personality. She gets to be whoever she feels like whenever she feels like and can have all of the dolly attitude without breaking character in any way 😉

• Like 1

teensybits

Watch out, I impulse bought one over the summer last year and had a second before the summer ended.
Between myself and my best friend we now have 6...
She got her first when I did.

Your girl is gorgeous but don't forget... they always want friends...

Edited by teensybits
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

RiverRealms
2 minutes ago, teensybits said:

Watch out, I impulse bought one over the summer last year and had a second before the summer ended.
Between myself and my best friend we now have 6...
She got her first when I did.

Your girl is gorgeous but don't forget... they always want friends...

I want some stuff for Genesis before getting other dolls but I may end up getting a cocoa girl and a tinyfox 1/4 scale girl at some point. No rush or concrete plans on that right now though.

Genesis only sort of qualifies as an impulse buy. I'd been planning on getting a Smartdoll for about a year and Genesis was the one I wanted the most but I was prepared to get one of the others because she was sold out. Then I got super lucky and discovered anime-sugoi had ONE left and ordered her as soon as I could.

For now she'll have to settle on being friends with the smaller resin and fashion dolls. There is a natural limit on the big dolls as I don't have a lot of space and no dolls are allowed here unless they have a proper display area. It's the only way to be safe 😄

• Like 1

DollsnBooks

She's so beautiful! I love the tea skintone so much!

teensybits
On 3/4/2023 at 11:47 AM, RiverRealms said:

I want some stuff for Genesis before getting other dolls but I may end up getting a cocoa girl and a tinyfox 1/4 scale girl at some point. No rush or concrete plans on that right now though.

Genesis only sort of qualifies as an impulse buy. I'd been planning on getting a Smartdoll for about a year and Genesis was the one I wanted the most but I was prepared to get one of the others because she was sold out. Then I got super lucky and discovered anime-sugoi had ONE left and ordered her as soon as I could.

For now she'll have to settle on being friends with the smaller resin and fashion dolls. There is a natural limit on the big dolls as I don't have a lot of space and no dolls are allowed here unless they have a proper display area. It's the only way to be safe 😄

A friend counts as "stuff for your girl" 😉 
It may not be today but it is probably coming.

• Haha 1

RiverRealms
2 minutes ago, teensybits said:

A friend counts as "stuff for your girl" 😉 
It may not be today but it is probably coming.

Oh I don't doubt it's coming, but at least one set of proper clothes first, maybe two. Her friend would have the same measurements after all 😆

• Haha 2

RiverRealms
3 hours ago, DollsnBooks said:

She's so beautiful! I love the tea skintone so much!

The tea skintone is gorgeous. I knew right from I first discovered Smartdoll that I needed a girl in that skintone. If they ever make a skintone between tea and cocoa I'd definitely have to get at least one girl in that tone too

Wasabi

I am super curious about that closet, how does that work?
My girls have a drawer, but that is not ideal so I am looking for new solutions.

RiverRealms
22 minutes ago, Wasabi said:

I am super curious about that closet, how does that work?
My girls have a drawer, but that is not ideal so I am looking for new solutions.

I bought one of these: https://jysk.dk/opbevaring/reoler-og-rumdelere/skab-skals-2-laager-hvid, site is in Danish but you can see pictures, and then I added some plastic coated springs that are often used for small curtains to place hangers on. The hangers are made of popsicle sticks, barbeque skewers, wire and hot glue.

Plans are to keep shoes and such on the bottom and accessories on the bottom right. The tiny boxes at the back of the bottom right are actually all of her earrings, she has a lot

• Thanks 1