Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Veravey

Do you keep your original packaging?

UsagiTeatime

I'm a religious box-keeper. Figures, tech, dolls, literally anything. I have 2 cardboard moving boxes filled with boxes -just in case- I need to return something. lol

On that note though, I have bought quite a bit of doll bits secondhand over the years, Never once has it come in original packaging. Has never bothered me once, all of my dolls are OCs, except one which is an unofficial character from a game I love. ♥

• Like 1

•ViviDollworks Insta•

DD AiryChie  DDH06Emi  DDH27Nanako  ImomoBeibeiJack Frost  ImomoRubyMira

Veravey
14 hours ago, UsagiTeatime said:

On that note though, I have bought quite a bit of doll bits secondhand over the years, Never once has it come in original packaging. Has never bothered me once, all of my dolls are OCs, except one which is an unofficial character from a game I love. ♥

I was really curious about this, thanks for sharing your experience! 

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

ragnamuffin

This is something I’ve been grappling with too. I keep the packaging for everything and I’m starting to run out of space, so I’ve been thinking of throwing away the bags for my Azone outfits, and possibly the Volks ones too. I tend to buy a lot of stuff secondhand from Dollyteria and several have come without the original packaging, so at this point I might as well get rid of it all.

But I’m hesitant because I threw away the boxes of two Lil’ Fairies and have always kind of regretted it, even though I’ll never resell them. I’m also committed to keeping my Dollfie boxes because for some reason I’m super OCD about buying unused fullset dolls and keeping the wigs, clothes and accessories NIB 🤷‍♀️ 

• Like 1

Veravey
10 hours ago, ragnamuffin said:

I’m also committed to keeping my Dollfie boxes because for some reason I’m super OCD about buying unused fullset dolls and keeping the wigs, clothes and accessories NIB 🤷‍♀️ 

Hey that's totally valid! I compromised and tossed all of my OC dolls' boxes (like the blank Volks body boxes and my SmDs since their packing isn't anything special either, but I do appreciate how simple and paper-based it is). But I've kept all of my TinyFox and 40cm Azone fullset boxes, and my 1/6 Azones, which are much smaller space consumers anyway.

I also tossed all of my resin boxes because: A) they're nothing special, really just cardboard boxes with labelling that never arrive in perfect shape/undented anyway, and B) all but my GEM resins are blank dolls. Even with the GEM fullset girls, I prefer to store them in the new system I'm working on which allows me to put 3-4 girls in one container safely, with custom sewn padding.

Hoping to have some photos of this in the next couple months to show a before and after.

All in all, I feel better after recycling/tossing what I did!

Edited by Veravey
added part about SmD
  • Like 1

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

0bsequi0us

Coming from the resin BJD hobby, I am happy and eager to dump my basic MDD and Obitsu boxes almost immediately. Compared to resin BJDs the boxes are usually cheap and flimsy, and unlike resin BJDs they don't really hold much value when it comes to verifying legitimacy... since recasts are not anywhere near as much of a concern.

I can understand keeping like... branded fullset boxes and stuff tho. I just don't collect those.

RozenGermain

I tend to keep mine religiously, hehe... I think it might be a side effect of collecting BJDs, but...... yeah.

RozenGermain

I tend to keep mine religiously, hehe... I think it might be a side effect of collecting BJDs, but...... yeah.

chantelle

I tend to recycle mine since they take space. For the limited dolls that come in the yellow boxes, I cut out the photo or design and recycle the rest of the box.

• Like 1

roro_robot

I am still trying to decide on this so I have the box my Dollfie arrived in, including all the little plastic baggies and other packaging inserts, taking up room until I decide where to store it properly 😆 I think that the limited art covered box for the doll I got is far too pretty to throw out but if I ever got another doll with one of the more plain boxes I would probably end up recycling it or reusing it for other things. Currently trying to get rid of the flimsy plastic bags the clothing came in and I'm also looking for a better way to store them long term when switching out clothing.

Xiongmao

I keep everything. I guess eventually I'll have to start dehoarding. The big Volks/Mandarake doll boxes are kind of useful for keeping the actual boxes in pristine condition.

Only about half my girls (and Kaito) haven't worn their default outfits. My gang love cosplay, and it would feel a bit weird cosplaying as themselves.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.