Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Strawberry_Dreamland

Hello from a newbie ^^

Strawberry_Dreamland

Hello! I've been an admirer of BJDs since I was in high school and I'm finally going to take the plunge and buy my first one! I've done some research and I keep coming back to really wanting a Dollfie Dream. I plan to order from the Volks website next month, (a DD-f3 girl) and I'm super excited to be a part of the community 😍

Any advice or anything to expect with my first doll would be greatly appreciated 🥰

• Like 4

TVXD

Good Luck!!! with vinyl dolls the major issues are staining so its preferred to buy a bodysuit or put them in light colored clothes. Also clothes are expensive I pay more for my dolls clothes than my own XD. If you can have them display in a glass cabinet or something like that.

Did you decide which model you want to buy? 

• Like 2

Strawberry_Dreamland

Thanks so much for the advice! I will definitely be getting her a body suit ^^ I was also going to get one of those glass display cabinets from IKEA possibly. I also have to worry about exposing her to too much sun too I think.

And I was thinking a Mini Dollfie Dream or a Dollfie Dream Pretty. I was already saving for some clothes too because I've seen their prices but I totally think they will be worth it! :)

moerunamida

Congrats and welcome! They are like cookies and potato chips; you'd be hard pressed to stop at one. My advice, and this might suck for a bit, but don't settle. Find a doll that you will love and save up for her, or get a standard and have them customized so you have your own unique girl. Highly recommend a stain suit, because your doll WILL stain, it's not a question of it but when. Stains aren't that horrible to treat, however. Enjoy your doll. The wear and tear they get makes them a little more personal to you I think.

My second (sold the first) DD was Towa. She is GORGEOUS if her mouth is done correction. Really beautiful sculpt, and you can mod smaller busts if you aren't a fan of the helium bahoombas she comes with. If you are thinking MDD or DDP, those are popular choices, and you will have an easier time finding close for the MDD ♥ If you have any more specific questions, don't hesitate to ask! There are a lot of friendly people here to help you out ♥

• Like 1

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

RetroKanojo

Hey there! @onion12@

It's always nice to watch someone take the plunge into the hobby, hehe. 

I don't own MDD or DDP myself, but I've heard on multiple occasions that DDP is a little tricky when it comes to finding clothes. From what I understand, most MDD clothes will 'fit' a DDP, but sleeves and skirts will likely run a little short. It's unfortunate, because there are basically no clothes that are specifically tailored to that body. That doesn't mean it's impossible to dress them nicely, but it will be more difficult. Of course, if you are able to make some clothes yourself, this won't apply! 

That being said, Volks technically discontinued the MDD body. You can still buy them as they empty their stock, but we don't really know what's coming next. It is highly unlikely that they will ax the entire line, as MDD is one of, if not the most popular size available, so chances are that they will release some sort of updated version of the MDD body. Unfortunately, we don't really know what that entails or how much compatibility the speculated updated version will have with the current F3 version (which would be important for long-term maintenance aka 'how easy is to get a replacement part if something ends up breaking down the line?'). Currently, we are all hoping for news to come out sometime during summer.

Personally, I'd probably suggest you'd wait until we get some news from Volks if you want to get a MDD. Although I can also understand that you might not want to wait. As any new iteration of the body is very likely to keep the same measurements, clothing should remain compatible. So, perhaps shopping for some cute outfits might make the wait a little easier!

• Like 1

Strawberry_Dreamland
On 3/24/2023 at 2:48 AM, Eighteafive said:

Congrats and welcome! They are like cookies and potato chips; you'd be hard pressed to stop at one. My advice, and this might suck for a bit, but don't settle. Find a doll that you will love and save up for her, or get a standard and have them customized so you have your own unique girl. Highly recommend a stain suit, because your doll WILL stain, it's not a question of it but when. Stains aren't that horrible to treat, however. Enjoy your doll. The wear and tear they get makes them a little more personal to you I think.

My second (sold the first) DD was Towa. She is GORGEOUS if her mouth is done correction. Really beautiful sculpt, and you can mod smaller busts if you aren't a fan of the helium bahoombas she comes with. If you are thinking MDD or DDP, those are popular choices, and you will have an easier time finding close for the MDD ♥ If you have any more specific questions, don't hesitate to ask! There are a lot of friendly people here to help you out ♥

I already plan on buying more than 1 when I get the money saved lol 🫣 

I was watching an unboxing video of Towa and she looks so beautiful!! I think she is one I will get in the future as well ^^ Thank you so much for the tips! 💖

• Like 1

Strawberry_Dreamland
On 3/24/2023 at 6:07 AM, RetroKanojo said:

Hey there! @onion12@

It's always nice to watch someone take the plunge into the hobby, hehe. 

I don't own MDD or DDP myself, but I've heard on multiple occasions that DDP is a little tricky when it comes to finding clothes. From what I understand, most MDD clothes will 'fit' a DDP, but sleeves and skirts will likely run a little short. It's unfortunate, because there are basically no clothes that are specifically tailored to that body. That doesn't mean it's impossible to dress them nicely, but it will be more difficult. Of course, if you are able to make some clothes yourself, this won't apply! 

That being said, Volks technically discontinued the MDD body. You can still buy them as they empty their stock, but we don't really know what's coming next. It is highly unlikely that they will ax the entire line, as MDD is one of, if not the most popular size available, so chances are that they will release some sort of updated version of the MDD body. Unfortunately, we don't really know what that entails or how much compatibility the speculated updated version will have with the current F3 version (which would be important for long-term maintenance aka 'how easy is to get a replacement part if something ends up breaking down the line?'). Currently, we are all hoping for news to come out sometime during summer.

Personally, I'd probably suggest you'd wait until we get some news from Volks if you want to get a MDD. Although I can also understand that you might not want to wait. As any new iteration of the body is very likely to keep the same measurements, clothing should remain compatible. So, perhaps shopping for some cute outfits might make the wait a little easier!

Thank you for letting me know about the clothing sizes! That's definitely an important factor in choosing my first doll; I want to be able to spoil my first one with outfits that I can easily find 😊

And you're right; I'm a little too excited to wait for a new type of MDD so I think I will get one of the ones they have in stock on their site. 😆

• Like 1

Xiongmao

Main tip: this hobby is *very* addictive. On the upside, if you look after them and you're not as sentimental as I am you can always sell them on again.

My first doll was Towa (below). She's a standard model and I mainly bought her because I fell in love with her sweet and innocent expression. I think their faces are the most important feature - you have to love their faceups.

I have every type of Dollfie but I have to say my favourite size is DDS. They're very poseable and can wear the most outfits. My absolute favourite is Uzuki Shimamura. Her smile just blows me away. Kizuna AI is similarly stunning.

Vinyl is prone to staining (which is reversible), pleather outfits fall apart and wigs can be a hassle to maintain. Towa has had a pretty tough 29 months with me and yet she still looks in amazing condition.

spacer.png

• Like 2

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Strawberry_Dreamland
19 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

Main tip: this hobby is *very* addictive. On the upside, if you look after them and you're not as sentimental as I am you can always sell them on again.

My first doll was Towa (below). She's a standard model and I mainly bought her because I fell in love with her sweet and innocent expression. I think their faces are the most important feature - you have to love their faceups.

I have every type of Dollfie but I have to say my favourite size is DDS. They're very poseable and can wear the most outfits. My absolute favourite is Uzuki Shimamura. Her smile just blows me away. Kizuna AI is similarly stunning.

Vinyl is prone to staining (which is reversible), pleather outfits fall apart and wigs can be a hassle to maintain. Towa has had a pretty tough 29 months with me and yet she still looks in amazing condition.

spacer.png

Oh she is beautiful!! I really love her outfit too 😍 

I'm pretty sentimental myself, so I'm sure I will bond with my dolls pretty quickly 😁

Thanks so much for your input! 😊I have a feeling that eventually I might own every size of Dollfie Dream out there; they all look so cute and each have something unique about them that I like 💕

• Like 3

Rajke

Welcome to the forums,

@onion12@

As already mentioned, Dollfie’s are very addictive.

After buying one you probably want some more.

@onion20@

The quality is good. Doesn’t matter for which size you go. But do go for the sculpt you want.

And when you make a choice don’t forget to share photo’s with us. (We on Dolldreaming have an addiction for looking at others doll photo’s)

@onion6@

60961AE5-FAFA-4642-B3CC-93A6A8A71184.jpeg.b10398e95449137b65e0737b43ca5c86.jpeg

Zeeja around,

Rajke

• Like 1

@onion20@   This is a signature.