Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Lychgate

Hello all!

Lychgate

Hello everyone!! I decided to join since I keep running into this forum googling things lol. I've been interested in bjd for almost 10 years but recently ive been REALLY hyperfocusing on dolls and looking into anime style dolls, and just ordered stuff for an YMY doll! Im hoping to see how i feel about having anime style dolls before making a bigger purchase, but currently considering tinyfox or an obitsu with DD head, dont think i could ever justify an actual DD to myself unless i can find a cheap one!

edit: forgot to add, im also very interested in doll photography! one of the biggest appeals of vinyl dolls for me if theyre SO MUCH MORE RESILIENT than resin, im always afraid of breaking my resin dolls!! but vinyl im sure id feel so much more comfortable taking out of the house!

Edited by Lychgate
  • Like 6

moerunamida

Hello and welcome! ♥

• Like 1

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

Xiongmao

Welcome to the forum.

DD are amazing dolls in real life. Sometimes cheap ones do appear. Yesterday somebody was selling one in a FB Group for $150. I think that was just the body, but needless to say there was a LOT of interest. Yahoo Japan Auctions can also be good (accessed via Buyee). Sometimes dolls get no bids so they go for potentially good prices. Stains and mechanical defects can often be repaired, plus they're not always noticeable under outfits. Oh and just bear in mind that DD generally retain their value, so if you get one then don't bond you can rehome them quite easily.

As for taking them outside... I do this sometimes. We live next to the beach but there's maybe half a dozen days of the year where there's absolutely no wind. The main problem I've encountered is that wigs do not like to be taken outside. Also dogs are hugely attracted to dolls so I'm always on hyper alert for their presence.

spacer.png

• Like 2

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Lychgate
13 minutes ago, Xiongmao said:

Welcome to the forum.

DD are amazing dolls in real life. Sometimes cheap ones do appear. Yesterday somebody was selling one in a FB Group for $150. I think that was just the body, but needless to say there was a LOT of interest. Yahoo Japan Auctions can also be good (accessed via Buyee). Sometimes dolls get no bids so they go for potentially good prices. Stains and mechanical defects can often be repaired, plus they're not always noticeable under outfits. Oh and just bear in mind that DD generally retain their value, so if you get one then don't bond you can rehome them quite easily.

As for taking them outside... I do this sometimes. We live next to the beach but there's maybe half a dozen days of the year where there's absolutely no wind. The main problem I've encountered is that wigs do not like to be taken outside. Also dogs are hugely attracted to dolls so I'm always on hyper alert for their presence.

spacer.png

BEAUTIFUL photo!! Ill have to keep yahoo auctions in mind, id love to get one at some point :) thank you!

• Like 1