The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

DollsnBooks

What is the best way to fall down the OB 11 hole?

DollsnBooks

Parabox? Ebay? AliExpress?

chef_mai

Either custom heads or Nendoroid heads of a character you like (and since you can swap the hair and faceplates, the options for this are limitless). Once you're really attached to a particular character, everything else falls into place.

• Like 2

Lychgate

Depending what you want, you could check out YMY heads & bodies (very affordable with an option for custom eyes), and Chibi Chop Shop also has Nendoroid parts including hair and faces separately for good prices!

Edit: Chibi Chop Shop also has some Nendo doll bodies in stock for $25 currently

Edited by Lychgate

Lychgate

no problem! If you do decide to get one (or more) id love to see what you do/what you get

• Like 1

Psi

Mine was parabox. And now I want like 100 more! It’s dangerous!

• Haha 1

RozenGermain

My first attempt at a custom doll was an OB11.... I did an awful job lol! Now all the OB11 bodies I have are for obitsuroids!

ragnamuffin

My gateway drug was the Dollybird collaboration dolls, but they’re hard to find now.

Besides the Obitsuroids and Nendodolls mentioned by others above, there’s Dollce’s Mini Sweets line. They always have stock and come out with new dolls regularly so you don’t have to wait for a preorder and can buy one at any time.

MoiBakaDesu

Nendodolls were how I got into the doll hobby in the first place, but I much prefer the YMY and UFdoll bodies for this scale by now.

I love playing around with all the faceplate options and stuff, it was the perfect gateway to get into bigger scales as well. And I love my horde of little guys, haha.

uoub

I can second chibichopshop. they're incredible and I've even sold stuff to them before and they're super flexible, I asked if I could receive the money for the parts I was selling as store credit so I could buy stuff back and they agreed. ^^

I also agree that YMY bodies are probably your best bet for bodies since they're much cheaper and easier to get your hands on.

Originally I misunderstood your post and thought you meant how to "enjoy them more" and i was gonna say I started collecting dolls in general cuz I wanted to make little versions of my favorite characters! (specifically link and zelda from botw) Honestly that's a good idea to get into them anyways in my opinion because it's easier to find "accurate" parts like hair or expressions instead of having to make it yourself, since a lot of characters have their own nendos nowadays.