Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

DollsnBooks

Cute Knit Dress Pattern for OB11

DollsnBooks

**editing to add that if this is better in workshop under patterns, that's fine!**

So I ended up going sort of custom for my foray into 11cm. I have a Disono body coming, and a bald head along with a neck adapter that should be able to take Nendo face plates, as well as a cute face with eye holes - a Frankenbitsu or a Fauxbitsu if you will. While I wait, I'm having fun making little things. I started with this dress, which also works for my Simon's Doll Teennar. It's an easy pattern and is by drutefka on Ravelry. Here's the pattern link.

Here's how it looks on my Simon's Doll:

IMG_20230429_235136_467.jpg

Edited by DollsnBooks
  • Like 3

DollyInsider

Oh what a cute dress! You did such a wonderful job

I recently rekindled my joy for crocheting by making items for my dolls

Your lovely dress makes me want to learn how to knit now 😆

Well, it's another skill I'm adding to my list to learn

• Like 1

DollsnBooks

@Dollyinsider Thank you so much! You could start with a little blanket for your dolls. YouTube is a wonderful resource! Also, I found that when I was starting out, using real wool on wooden needles was much easier because the acrylic on metal was too slippery for me to control. 😛

• Like 1

DollyInsider

Thank you for the tips and suggestions.

I saw some doll knitting patterns in Dollybird and on Clover's (Japan) site and they used super tiny needles.

I hadn't seen such small needles before then (they look like tiny toothpicks 😅)

What size needles do you use for your dolls? 

I plan to learn with big needles before even attempting the doll patterns from Japan.

But was curious to know what you use when knitting for your dolls

• Like 1

DollsnBooks

This pattern called for US size 0 (2mm) but I have also used 00 (1.75mm) and 000 (1.5mm) ^_^ They are pretty tiny, but you get used to it. I have heard that size 9 can be a good place to start. I like using circular needles (the kind with a cable connecting them) because you can use them just like straight ones, but also for circular stuff. Other than that I use double pointed ones. A doll blanket done with worsted on circulars (the cable is nice for easily holding wider projects) might be a nice place to start. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DollyInsider

I appreciate your recommendation on starting with circular needles and a blanket. I've added the blanket to my list of projects to attempt this year 😅

• Like 1

asukakanea

great dress! I have two dolls from that blind box! I would think it's really hard to crochet that tiny.

• Like 1

DollBound

Years ago I crocheted a dress for one of my Resin girls.  I'm tempted to do that for my Azone girl but man those hips LOL