Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
usagisea

Proving You Own a Smart Doll?

usagisea

Hello everyone! :) 

I now have a Smart Doll and I absolutely love her!

Ive always been very interested in the choas outlet and customizing some of the chaos files, but I know that they are only for smart doll owners (and those who have bought from the site two different times). Thing is, I bought my Smart Doll from some place other than the Smart Doll website. I know that things are tricky with the owner so I wanted to know how the proving process works in advance. 

Has anyone had any experience in what you have to do to show that you own a Smart Doll? Thanks so much! 

Stupid_Hoomun

I think that they will keep a record of your purchase history from the official store and work from that. I don't know how it works if you ordered from one of the official resellers (Fabric friends in the USA and Anime Sugoi in the EU). If you have facebook, there are groups there for trades and sales that you could join. There is always some chaos items for sale there like heads, frame and body parts.

Which Smart Doll did you get?

• Like 1

usagisea
On 5/13/2023 at 5:25 PM, Stupid_Hoomun said:

I think that they will keep a record of your purchase history from the official store and work from that. I don't know how it works if you ordered from one of the official resellers (Fabric friends in the USA and Anime Sugoi in the EU). If you have facebook, there are groups there for trades and sales that you could join. There is always some chaos items for sale there like heads, frame and body parts.

Which Smart Doll did you get?

I got a super cute Mirai! 😄 shes in new condition but I didnt get her from the official shop, so that's why its worrying if I were to get into the creator part of the smart doll scene haha. Hopefully they’d let me just send a picture of her with my username on a piece of paper of something next to it 😖

• Like 1

Stupid_Hoomun

Congrats on your Mirai. She is one that I plan on getting in the future. I've never bought from the chaos outlet but do have a chaos un-painted G07 head in interstellar blue that came with a body I needed for my zombie girl. No idea what to do with the head, face ups aren't something I've ever attempted or even thought about doing because I'd be terrible at it. Good luck if you decide to contact them.

• Like 1

Oculae

Unfortunately you don't get chaos access unless you've made two separate purchases direct from CJ. They don't necessarily have to be dolls - outfits and parts also count towards that, as long as they're directly from the store and not from a dealer or secondhand. But the two purchase rule is very strict, you'll be told that exact thing if you try to contact them. Get your Mirai some hands or something!

The "creator program" is a totally separate thing and really more of a wall of fame than anything else from my understanding.

Edited by Oculae
  • Like 1

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

usagisea
7 hours ago, Oculae said:

Unfortunately you don't get chaos access unless you've made two separate purchases direct from CJ. They don't necessarily have to be dolls - outfits and parts also count towards that, as long as they're directly from the store and not from a dealer or secondhand. But the two purchase rule is very strict, you'll be told that exact thing if you try to contact them. Get your Mirai some hands or something!

The "creator program" is a totally separate thing and really more of a wall of fame than anything else from my understanding.

thank you so much!! :) I was mostly worried about the “owners of smart dolls” rule on the chaos website because I didn’t know how to prove that I have one within the website, but I definitely see how strict they are about the 2 purchase rule 🤭 Also that’s super interesting, I didn’t know about the creator program! I’m sorry for being vague, but I was mostly referring to the patterns of clothes and such on the website that are free to what seems to be for Smart Doll owners only 😄

Tira
18 minutes ago, usagisea said:

I was mostly referring to the patterns of clothes and such on the website that are free to what seems to be for Smart Doll owners only 😄

For the clothes patterns, you don't need to prove anything - I don't have any Smartdolls, and I've downloaded a bunch of them. 

• Like 1

Oculae

Oh, the patterns! They're not behind a paywall or require verification or anything, you can download them straight off the website. Danny constantly emphasizes that they're for Smartdoll owners only because they're tailored specifically for a Smartdoll body, so they might not fit another doll's body. He does that a lot.

• Like 3

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

usagisea

Oh my gosh, thank you so much! I was completely misunderstanding then 😂!