The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Auri33

instrument would you recommend for safely making ear holes on Dollfie dolls for earrings?

Auri33

Hey there! 

I have a question for all the doll enthusiasts out there. What instrument would you recommend for safely making ear holes on Dollfie dolls for earrings? I'm a bit hesitant and scared to do it wrong and potentially damage my beloved doll. 

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

* I have a sailor moon dillfie dreams 

Jezrah

To pierce ears, I mark the spots where I want the piercing to go with pencil and then turn the head back and forth to make sure they're even. Then I use a micro drill bit and just twist the bit in with my fingers. Make sure to point the bit so that it will come out the back of the earlobe and not go into the head. I have these bits from Harbor Freight: 

https://www.harborfreight.com/carbide-rotary-micro-bit-assorted-set-20-piece-62379.html

But you can probably find something similar on Amazon too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Auri33

Which size do you use with the micro drill? 

Keoka

Thank you for posting this, I got a ddh06 head recently and really wanted to pierce her ears. I found one youtube video (also for a sailor moon dollfie dream) that uses hand drills as suggested above.  I've watched it a couple times but I'm still not confident, mostly in the placement lol. I just bought a magnetic "no hole" earring kit from etsy in the meantime. 

Jezrah
4 hours ago, Auri33 said:

Which size do you use with the micro drill? 

It doesn't have to be exact. Any of the middle sized ones will work. The smallest will make too small of a hole for the earring post to fit into, but the biggest one or two bits could make the hole too big. A hole from one of the middle bits will make you have to push to get the earrings in, but will then grip the posts so that they don't just fall out. I've broken a couple of the middle bits when I wasn't gentle enough, because they're quite thin, but I just switched to another around the same size.

• Thanks 1

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Auri33

Thank you very much, I'll have a look, but honestly, I'm not sure if I'll dare.