Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

babybluebunnyboy

Splatoon OB11 Help!

babybluebunnyboy

Heya! So for really quick context, I am genuinely in love and pretty much obsessed with Splatoon, and it's literally my favorite video game!
I get the gist of these customs, Nendodroid head, Obitsu 11 body V2, face ups on a blank face plate, that I totally understand.
But.. The HAIR FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! ITS SO DIFFICULT TO FIND!! I literally want, in the photo below (Included the persons Pinterest name, as I don't know the original creator so just including who I got the photo from,) the boy on the right's hair. It's the shaggy inkling hair, It's adorable, its everything, I love it.. but I genuinely have been unable to figure out how to get it.
I just want it unpainted, literally just like this model but it's SO expensive to get custom hairs for OB11's faceplates. I just want the 3D printed object, but I don't know where or how to get the files for them, who to go to, or really any resources when it comes to this part. And people on other websites and especially Pinterest are.. gate-keepy. So, this DREAM has been a challenge. Especially since 1/12 dolls are affordable compared to my wonderful Dollfie Dream hobby. So! If anyone literally has any guidance OR EVEN BETTER can talk to me about helping me get my hands on this exact hair, you're amazing!!

(Btw if anyone knows the mm size for ND faceplates inserted eyes, I'd appreciate it dearly!!!!!!)

(Boy on right is Reference.)
image.png.a81a21f9232c5916c4917a3e8c85c717.png

(Please @ me in replies!! :3 )

babybluebunnyboy

Found another photo!
image.png.6e63379152c5aef54c135007355a418c.png

babybluebunnyboy

Okay with more searching Pinterest I did find an example of what I was searching for!! These kinda files, and or where to buy THIS! (Or who can make this!)

e6a758a91fdfc6179edda5ea4c448697.jpg
(Source: https://pin.it/46yvSQ9 )

The 3D printed heads are also much more fitting and preferred, but at this point I just want the hair :,)

dolloramore

I'm in the same boat as you! Splatoon BJDs are gorgeous but hard to come by... from my own research most people who own them sculpted themselves their hair (maybe with some clay or sculpting putty?)

There's this person whom i follow who have some Splatoon dolls and the comments on their post have pretty helpful information, check it out!

twitter link 1

twitter link 2

0bsequi0us

I think I found the taobao listing, maybe? Here's the hair, and here's the faceplates. They look almost identical.

Not sure if any of it is currently available for purchase, unfortunately... there's no option to select which hair you want, though I guess maybe you're just supposed to note it in your order. And only one of the face options is left in stock... So it's not a great lead, but maybe a lead? 😅 I could see looking on xianyu for secondhand options too.

Gallye

Also, for the record, most of the Splatoon doll examples in the links above are not on the Obitsu 11 body, but rather on the Azone Picco Neemo D body! The Picco Neemo D is about the same height as the Ob11, but has huge anime hands and feet on a relatively slim body. 😄

babybluebunnyboy
On 6/6/2023 at 10:55 PM, digiv1ce said:

I'm in the same boat as you! Splatoon BJDs are gorgeous but hard to come by... from my own research most people who own them sculpted themselves their hair (maybe with some clay or sculpting putty?)

There's this person whom i follow who have some Splatoon dolls and the comments on their post have pretty helpful information, check it out!

twitter link 1

twitter link 2

Their a challenge! And, I honestly didn't see much from those threads. :,)
Thank you though!!

On 6/7/2023 at 12:24 AM, 0bsequi0us said:

I think I found the taobao listing, maybe? Here's the hair, and here's the faceplates. They look almost identical.

Not sure if any of it is currently available for purchase, unfortunately... there's no option to select which hair you want, though I guess maybe you're just supposed to note it in your order. And only one of the face options is left in stock... So it's not a great lead, but maybe a lead? 😅 I could see looking on xianyu for secondhand options too.

On 6/7/2023 at 12:41 AM, 0bsequi0us said:

Here's what looks to be an active sales listing on Xianyu for the exact yellow render shown above! (I'm linking it through superbuy because Xianyu is very difficult to view on browsers lol)

Xianyu is a bit over my head and I'm not super knowledgeable about how it works, so it may not actually be active. Might be worth a try though!

I actually have an issue with Taobao, like I can't figure out how to make a login and see, since everyone is like omg use it, but, I cant :(
I really appreciate you sending me listing! Off topic, but if you could message me about that, I'd appreciate it dearly!!

On 6/7/2023 at 11:37 AM, Gallye said:

Also, for the record, most of the Splatoon doll examples in the links above are not on the Obitsu 11 body, but rather on the Azone Picco Neemo D body! The Picco Neemo D is about the same height as the Ob11, but has huge anime hands and feet on a relatively slim body. 😄

Oh!! Thank you! I honestly didn't know their EXACT name, so thanks!! Splatoon avatars have those proportions so their commonly used! :3

babybluebunnyboy

Edit about taobao, I got the "violation" pop-up for being a US resident so that too isn't an option :,)

Oculae

With Taobao you need to use a proxy anyway, as most of the stores on there don't ship directly to the US. If you paste the Taobao link into the search bar of a proxy like Bhiner or Superbuy you can purchase it without issue.

• Like 1

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

babybluebunnyboy

Update on what I'm gonna do!:

So, my S/O a few years back got me the inkling boys Figma figure set, and I'm thinking about removing their faces and making my own, and to use their face plates as a base for the hair's I want! I'm thinking I'll do that by sculpting the hair myself with Epoxy Sculpt. A little bit of paint, and were solid!
All that's left to really be purchased is the Azone bodies, and the attachment piece for their face plates!

I decided on this route because they already have the CORRECTLY sized ear shape, in a matching skin color, so I'm gonna roll with it!
If anyone wants me to update this thread with what I end up doing, let me know! Happy to share my process :3

jiuzheng

Actually if u can find some shipping agent and buying agent to help u ship the products from China to your country, I think buy it form Chinese artist is great choose……

It's about 100-200rmb(15-30dollars)for 1 hairstyle without color by 3D printing

And as I know, some of this Customized product,most of them need you to add QQ (a communication app like WhatsApp) group and waiting the hairstyle reach the Minimum order quantity then buy it in XIAN YU or taobao……

If you can register a Taobao account, then you can find some buying agentand shipping agent on that. I could help, but I don't know how you can pay me, because I don't have any PayPal accounts.

babybluebunnyboy
13 hours ago, jiuzheng said:

Actually if u can find some shipping agent and buying agent to help u ship the products from China to your country, I think buy it form Chinese artist is great choose……

It's about 100-200rmb(15-30dollars)for 1 hairstyle without color by 3D printing

And as I know, some of this Customized product,most of them need you to add QQ (a communication app like WhatsApp) group and waiting the hairstyle reach the Minimum order quantity then buy it in XIAN YU or taobao……

If you can register a Taobao account, then you can find some buying agentand shipping agent on that. I could help, but I don't know how you can pay me, because I don't have any PayPal accounts.

I appreciate the suggestion! But because I do not live in China Taobao automatically terminates any account I create. And, it's challenging to create multiple and try again because it requires a phone number.
SuperBuy did work! And, I was able to see the listings. Although with getting it here and that whole struggle, I'm trying a different route that's so far, really working well for me! :3
Thank you though!

jiuzheng
8 hours ago, babybluebunnyboy said:

I appreciate the suggestion! But because I do not live in China Taobao automatically terminates any account I create. And, it's challenging to create multiple and try again because it requires a phone number.
SuperBuy did work! And, I was able to see the listings. Although with getting it here and that whole struggle, I'm trying a different route that's so far, really working well for me! :3
Thank you though!

Great!this situation like I buy dolls form Japanese artist...... Use other App to help me buy it XD