The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

muddled

Other companies' heads on MDD Mochi Ashi body?

muddled

Hello all, I apologize if this has been answered! My searches have given me DD heads on other bodies, but I'm looking for the inverse.

I've been a resin bjd collector for a long time, but I'm starting to get into vinyl dolls with a more anime asthetic. I really love the look of the mochi ashi mdd body, but i'm wondering if there are other companies' heads that fit it / match closely color wise?

I'm still taking in all of the DD head molds, but I'd love to know how companies like azone and obitsu look on this body to help me narrow down my options!

Thanks if you can help!

chantelle

What I’ve heard about color matching (atm I only own volks so please take my words with a grain of salt)

• Obitsu whitey is close to DD Flesh (can work for DD SW but not as well)
  • Obitsu super-whitey is close to DD semi-white
  • Smartdoll Milk is identical to DD flesh
  • Smartdoll Cinnamon is close to DD Tan and a good match but needs some blushing
  • Dollbot Platinum is between DD flesh and semi-white but can work for either
  • Dollce head’s seem to be similar in tone to Obitsu whitey and DD Flesh
  • Imomodoll’s semi-white is close to DD semi-white

To get other heads on DD bodies, you most likely will need to do some modding to get it to fit properly but its been done before 😄 

Some hybrids I’ve seen on MDD body (unless otherwise noted or if I made a mistake lol). Unfortunately I didn’t get any examples with the mochi ashi body, but if a head looks cute on the normal MDD it will probably look cute on the mochi ashi!

Smartdoll head

On 4/6/2016 at 5:36 PM, charmyc said:

Just wanted to come in to poste picture of Chitose head on mdd body. This was requested by people on Facebook. Sorry for the poor quality of the picture.

26254912516_6c49e667dd.jpg

Imomodoll Head

Obitsu (Azone, Parabox, AP, etc.) Head

https://www.jadepixeldoll.com/parabox-p-chan-with-sws-dd-body/ (this is DD body but it would most likely also look cute on MDD)

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ba_vpqjlCvG/ 

Dollce Head

https://www.jadepixeldoll.com/coco-custom-dollce-head-a/

On 5/1/2019 at 10:53 PM, Linnette said:

Hi everyone!

Yesterday I got a package from Japan, it was a Dollcedoll A head I got off Y!J. I won her in an aution for surprisingly low cost. I hybrided her on a MDD normal skin body.

http://32811436497_9693b6ed21.jpgDollce A by L B, on Flickr

On 1/22/2020 at 3:23 PM, Ui- said:

You can’t really see her faceup totally with the wig, I’ll fix that later, but here it is. She is just adorable. Sorry for the bad photos. My iPhone has the glass over the camera cracked juuuust a little to make most photos blur. 466D72ED-0A0F-4C75-8557-367717618517.jpeg.1c3cae9b12bf37ed503e6bbbe7f7ca39.jpeg

SQLab heads (currently owned by Sadoll) are also resin heads that are designed to fit the DD body. They have really lovely sculpts and the skintones match DD so they are also worth taking a look at!

On 10/28/2022 at 8:10 AM, jadepixel said:

I repainted my SQ Lab Miyuki head - it's an older artist-made resin head that matches DD Flesh, so she's using an MDD body.
miyuki-6504.jpg.b38345ce383354afe658cbabd62ca8af.jpg

Hope this helps! Best of luck to you

Edited by chantelle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

muddled

That is so helpful, thanks a ton!! ❤️

• Like 1