Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Amapola

Hello everyone!

Amapola

Hello, and I'm usually a lurker to the site, but I finally decided to make an account. I'm a bit new to BJDs (got my first one in 2019, but only got active in it in 2021), but my previous collecting and hobbies are similar, and even though I have more resin dolls, I'm more familiar with the properties of vinyl due to my other collections. I'm more on the resin side since resin is closer to my aesthetic and doesn't stain as easily (my biggest issue with vinyl), but I also like vinyl dolls and their aesthetic a lot. I have to say, the recent development of 1/4 and 1/3 male dolls (and in tan) has begun to push me more to vinyl, along with TinyFox and their fullsets. So that's it about me, I look forward to meeting you all.

Edited by Amapola
  • Like 6

Xiongmao

Welcome. I have one resin - Mytyl (photo below). I will add that she looks so much better irl and will look even better if I can find a 1:3 scale bird.

I kind of prefer the vinyls though because they're practically indestructible and there's even an undo function for stains called benzoyl peroxide. How cool are vinyl dolls?

spacer.png

Here's my vinyl DDdy after stealing Mytyl's SD outfit...

spacer.png

• Like 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Amapola
12 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

Welcome. I have one resin - Mytyl (photo below). I will add that she looks so much better irl and will look even better if I can find a 1:3 scale bird.

I kind of prefer the vinyls though because they're practically indestructible and there's even an undo function for stains called benzoyl peroxide. How cool are vinyl dolls?

spacer.png

Here's my vinyl DDdy after stealing Mytyl's SD outfit...

spacer.png

Your dolls are really cute! Both of them look wonderful in that outfit. Finding scale items can be quite difficult...
Vinyl does have advantages over resin such as the durability, posability, and being much lighter, since 1:3 resin dolls can reach the weight of an unloaded M16 (forgot who made that comparison but it always stuck in my head afterwards). Don't have 1:3 resin for that very reason, but it's not a problem for 1:3 vinyl for sure.

Edited by Amapola