Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

CrimsonSkadi

MDD Question

CrimsonSkadi

So before I bought my Yor and went into Smart Doll collecting, I had found a 2nd hand MDD labeled as 1/4.

She looked adorable so I bought her and wanted to make changes like getting her clothes, changing the wig and eyes.

The 1/4 shoes and leggings I got fit just fine. Bought a Volks dress for MDD. But when it came down to the wig, I got a 1/4 one and it turned out to be too small to fit on the head.

So I want to make sure I got this right, is the MDD body 1/4 but the head 1/3? (I was able to get a 1/3 wig on her just fine)

Edit: Here is a picture of her head, it does has Volks printed in the back. (the eyes are also 1/4)

spacer.png

Edited by CrimsonSkadi
adding picture

finnleo

If we are talking about a MDD with a Volks head, then I believe even the smallest volks heads are bigger than a typical actal 1/4 scale head.

I dont know if the best explanation would be that MDD's technically exist as a 1/3 scale kid body. But custom options are available to make it be more of a 1/4 if you want.

chantelle
37 minutes ago, CrimsonSkadi said:

So I want to make sure I got this right, is the MDD body 1/4 but the head 1/3? (I was able to get a 1/3 wig on her just fine)

I don’t generally consider MDD a true 1/4 doll, but this is basically correct! Just make sure when you buy clothing labeled 1/4 that it is meant for MSD/MDD and not slim MSD like Minifee.

When clothing shopping I personally find it more helpful to look for MSD (1/4) and SD (1/3) labels rather than the scale alone! If a listing only states 1/4, product photos help a lot in figuring the proportions the outfit is suited for (MDD/MSD are more childlike than slim MSD).

Your doll’s head should fit most SD (1/3) sized wigs. 8-9 in work the best! 9-10 in is also do-able. It would be a little loose but you can use a silicone or cloth wig cap to tighten it. 

If you are getting animetic eyes for your doll, 22cm is my favorite, but 20-24 cm is a safe range and just depends on your preference.

Edited by chantelle
  • Like 1

CrimsonSkadi
9 minutes ago, chantelle said:

I don’t generally consider MDD a true 1/4 doll, but this is basically correct! Just make sure when you buy clothing labeled 1/4 that it is meant for MSD/MDD and not slim MSD like Minifee.

When clothing shopping I personally find it more helpful to look for MSD (1/4) and SD (1/3) labels rather than the scale alone! If a listing only states 1/4, product photos help a lot in figuring the proportions the outfit is suited for (MDD/MSD are more childlike than slim MSD).

Your doll’s head should fit most SD (1/3) sized wigs. 8-9 in work the best! 9-10 in is also do-able. It would be a little loose but you can use a silicone or cloth wig cap to tighten it. 

If you are getting animetic eyes for your doll, 22cm is my favorite, but 20-24 cm is a safe range and just depends on your preference.

Haha, that is what I did wrong! I was looking at just "1/4 scale" instead of specific labels. @onion4@

I am going to write this info down for the next shopping I do for her! 

• Like 2