Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Acy

Collector of things, but no dolls yet!

Acy

Hello, I'm Acy! I collect various anime and game goods, but I haven't owned a doll yet. I've seen this forum pop up often during my research, so I thought I'd make an account!

I love the aesthetics of Dollfie Dreams, but I'm not currently interested in buying a bigger doll due due to cost and space. Maybe one day when I can afford a bigger place 🥲

So right now I'm looking at the 1/, 6 22-26 cm size range, though it does seem like a lot of the clothing and other accessory makers I can find online seem to specialize in either the bigger Dollfie sized dolls, or the smaller obitsu11 sized dolls, if anyone knows it is an artist who works on this scale, feel free to plug :)

Right now my current top choice for a first doll is a Kay 24cm custom basic set from Parabox. I like how this face sculpt is anime-styled and also less "chibi" than a lot of the other heads in this size range. But it takes 10mm eyes and 4.5 inch wigs which like I mentioned, seem to be less common than some other sizes.

If anyone knows any other sculpts of this style and size range, please let me know! Kay does seem to be what I'm looking for aesthetically and size-wise, I'm just worried about how easy it will be for me to find clothes and accessories.

Thank you to the users who write guides and answer questions on this forum, it's a great resource!

• Like 4

maboree

Hi Acy! I love the 1/6 doll size. I particularly love Azone pure neemo dolls (Fabric Friends & Dolls in Maryland has a good selection as a USA-based seller) but the price is higher than Parabox/ Obitsu. They have the best made clothing for that size, imo. You can find great secondhand doll clothes on Mandarake. I've also found that depending on the body version and maker, they fit Blythe clothing. There are tons of Blythe makers on etsy. I've also found some pieces from Momoko and Licca-chan that have fit on the 24cm body (mostly dresses or baggier outfits). 

Tasuke

Welcome, from a Fellow Sixth-Scale Character-Doll Lover!!!

i've been into Anime Character Dolls for around 20 years now.

i began with the old 2001 TOYNAMI "Tenchi Muyo!" 11in. dolls, which inspired me to take on Hand Sewing;

IM001062_zpsd6a5badc.jpg?width=1920&heig

TENCHI%20MUYO%20Dolls%20-%20TOYNAMI%2020

Ayeka_Lingerie.jpg?width=1920&height=108

just about two decades on, i have developed a small covey of vintage/semi-vintage Anime Dolls,

all adapted for the 2018/Current OBITSU BODY 26cm. (1/6)

Konomi_Multi_-_7-19-23_RESIZE_40.png?wid

Anime_Family_7-19-23.png?width=1920&heig

Konomi_Undies_4-16-23_RESIZE_30.jpg?widt

Konomi_Yuzuhara_OBITSU_26_12-17-20_1_RES

il_794xN.1985026211_s8pu.jpg?width=1920&

OBITSU_26_11_15_20.jpg?width=1920&height

Edited by Tasuke

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

Xiongmao

Welcome. Towa says DD don't take up too much room - they're happy to stand if that's the only space there is.

If you're into anime then Azone Pureneemos are worth a look. The character model range of anime characters are highly collectible. The earlier ones are now exceedingly rare.

Pureneemo Emilia with DDS Uzuki Shimamura for scale.

spacer.png

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.