The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

StartPlanting

Question: DD Icon body and 17” MH head hybrid.

StartPlanting

Has anyone considered this hybrid or compared skin tones? 

The two I think most possible are Mint/Frankie and Petal/Elissabat.

I had a busted Frankie so last year I started modding her head to gauge the fit. This link is just my old tumblr, I don’t have photo privileges yet:

https://www.tumblr.com/startplanting/723278812092203008/makinamimh-frankie-dd2-m-bust

Very different aesthetic (but Icon adjacent) and somewhat difficult mod (the heads are HARD vinyl) but interesting. 

If anyone happens to own a Clover and a Frankie of any size and could compare the skin tones I would be forever grateful 🙏.

I regret not asking last year when bodies were available, but it seemed kind of out there… maybe next year! or non-matching joint body discard! I wouldn’t want to disassemble an actual Icon for this 😅.

Requiem Art Designs

This hasn't gotten a response so I'll give my .02 as I also have both dolls and a lot of modding experience.

Given how much cutting/epoxying you would have to do already, I'm not sure it wouldn't be easier to hobby cast a MH head or possibly get the head scanned in 3D and modded digitally then printed in a color that would be closer to mod if coloring is the thing you're stuck on.

If that sounds harder to you (it does to me) you might want to just paint the whole head.  Since it doesn't have any visible joints and it's a pretty rigid vinyl, it's not that hard to do in a way that would be sturdy.  I've applied a smooth coat with both an airbrush (somewhat fragile) and using a makeup brush (not quite as smooth but sticks better).  A whole head is not that hard to paint, and I suspect that to have a good neck join given how much smaller the 17" MH neck is, you'd need to do at least some apoxying around the neck area to make it compatible with a Volks neck, which means you'd have to do at least some painting if you're not going the cast or print route.

StartPlanting

Thank you! I appreciate your response! Since a mint body seems out of the realm of getting, I think you’re right and I should just paint her to match a standard DD skin tone (The neck hole is def gonna need apoxie). Or maybe make a Frankie-Dollfie of many discordant parts!