Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
kurimu

DDH-03 Custom Faceup

kurimu

Sharing my other recent faceup, a DDH-03 in flesh. Since DDH-03 is being discontinued (or already is?), the open eye version of the head is out of stock on Volks USA.  I didn't want to miss out after they would possibly be gone forever, so I bought a closed eye version and used an exacto knife to cut out the eyeholes.  I wanted to cut only a little bit and sand the rest, but it was taking far too long to sand, and I had to cut more off with the knife. Some of the edges aren't the smoothest, but I'm glad I didn't accidently cut a giant gash into the head or cut too far!

The mouth was also giving me trouble because the pastel wasn't staying sealed very well when trying to add a gloss coat on the lips - maybe the humidity or something else was causing trouble with the sealant.

Overall, I'm happy with the outcome and that I was able to customize a DDH-03 before I may not be able to as easily obtain one 😆

spacer.png

Here she is with eyes and hair (and a body)!

spacer.png

• Like 5

0bsequi0us

She turned out so cute! I love her earrings.

I've always been too nervous to try my luck at cutting the eyeholes 😰... It looks like yours turned out fine in the end though!

Kymera

She turned out really adorable! I love her smile and the fuller lips - I don't see that very often with DDs.

Volks is discontinuing 03? Ooh that sucks. Where did you see that? (Glad I picked up the OE head from DollfieWorld.)

Owned by: Kitsuko (Fox-face) - DDH-09