Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

RiverRealms

1/4 couch *finished*

RiverRealms

I wanted to make a couch for my future 1/4 scale girls but I'm a disaster with glue, don't have a 3D printer or access to woodworking, so I turned to cardboard and fabric.

In the past I've made this plush couch for 1/6 scale (SmD Genesis for scale. She's not impressed)

IMG_20230821_002048836.jpg.37d7b1b1cdab1f85c91f836ecea1fa78.jpg

But that model takes forever to make as it has a ton of pieces, plus it's basically made out of hollow cardboard boxes so in a big scale that would not be all that stable.

Inspired by wooden couches I decided to try to make one, still out of fabric covered cardboard, that had a solid non hollow frame with loose cushions.

So far all cardboard has been cut and covered with fabric leaving me with this:

IMG_20230820_232214998_HDR.jpg.81afc139b185aa589286e6b67def3c00.jpg

The fabric is dark brown and has a texture that can look a little like wood grain in real life but in bad lighting at night it probably doesn't show in pictures.

I promise this will end up looking like some sort of couch even if it looks like a mess right now 😅

Next steps:

- Assemble legs (all the small pieces at the bottom left)

- Sew legs to couch base

- Sew the couch base together (Top left)

- Put the 2 sides of each armrest together (Big squares on the bottom right)

- Assemble the couch frame

- Sew seat and back cushions

RiverRealms

And the couch is finished!

Well, minus the cushion covers but those are planned to be changeable, so this is the finished base couch.

IMG_20230822_223924678.jpg.99e1994c4ebf752f4e3c13146d564f47.jpg

Shani still thinks the couch is too small, but Raccoondoll Gene shows her that it's a good fit for 1/4 scale so her future vinyl sisters will fit nicely

IMG_20230822_224409339.jpg.75f97943f34e64a907ab2c6ac63d136c.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Rajke

It’s looking nice. The size is perfect. 
@onion20@ 

The way you have created the coach is impressive. I never that it could be done with mostly sewing. 

@onion20@   This is a signature.

RiverRealms
2 minutes ago, Rajke said:

It’s looking nice. The size is perfect. 
@onion20@ 

The way you have created the coach is impressive. I never that it could be done with mostly sewing. 

Thank you. I'm trying to find projects to do while I wait for the girls to arrive.

Shani doesn't know it yet but she'll end up on an Imomo body if the proportions don't look terrible to me, so I'm not really putting a lot of effort into making clothes for her SmD body and with no other vinyl bodies in the house I'm pretty much limited to furniture and accessories.

I find sewing the couches fairly easy. It's the most time consuming method by far but they're sturdy, lightweight and I can make them without making a huge mess.