Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
CrimsonSkadi

Plastic Wrap instead of Stain Prevention Clothes

CrimsonSkadi

Hi there everyone,

I have seen a few Dollfie Dream dolls with Plastic wrap on their body to prevent staining. I was wondering if this will work on Smart Dolls or would it just be better to buy the Stain Prevention suit instead? How often if any should the wrap be changed? 

Jezrah

I personally don't trust cling wrap as a stain preventer at all, except maybe very short term, like for one photoshoot only. You can have dye seep into the cling wrap and not be able to see it, and it will travel through and get onto the doll. It's like how you can have dye on your fingers but can't see it, and then transfer it to the vinyl.

If the dye can seep into the vinyl it can also seep into plastic wrap. Fabric or tape barriers are better, though they can still let stains through too.

But it's easier to inspect a body suit for dye transfer because it usually appears visibly on the fabric before transferring through to the vinyl, whereas on the cling wrap you don't always get a warning.

• Like 2

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

PolitelyNefarious

I second this. Plastic of any kind is not a substitute for cloth. It tends to draw moisture and dye into itself and transfer it onto the doll. One of my blank heads had a silicone wig cap on, and the wig stained her forehead through the cap in a week or two.

Fortunately, because stain suits are made from nylon, you can buy them a variety of places, and people even make their own.

• Like 3

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg 855019605_DeletelaterSmol.jpg.136e5d245c2328488f8736543aceb78d.jpg

HK47

I also had a silicone wig cap transfer the dark color of the wig to the doll.

• Like 1

Rajke

Besides the points already mentioned: Plastic wrap changes in strength if the temperature around it changes. The more elastic the wrap is the more damage you get over time. Especially if the wrap is krimping and gets tighter on the vinyl. 
Never use any type of shrinking foil/krimpfolie. This type of foil is made to shrink over time. It shrinks already after a few minutes. 

when changing poses you get friction that can cause dents and stains. I highly recommend not to use plastic wrap for more than a few hours, avoid the parts were there is friction with posing (joint area’s) and never to cover the doll completely. Better is to not use it at all. If there is any dust or other harmful material between the doll and the plastic you have your stains way quicker than you think.

Bodysuits are working better. Or white underclothing, that works too.

• Like 3

Greetz, 

Rajke

CrimsonSkadi

Thank you everyone! I will get my girls body suits!

Xiongmao

Just be aware that some outfits are stain devils and even a bodysuit won't help. For example I thought Towa was safe in her bodysuit but now I realise the cuffs aren't lined! Her wrists are now stained but as it's on the edge of the tube it's proving quite tricky to de-stain.

spacer.png

• Like 4

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.