Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Monty

Volks News 102

Monty

It shipped out on Monday, full of info for Dolpa50 next month. The VS/VIP/GL item are these two-tone wigs, here modelled by the new standard MDDs Koume and Yuzu. https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/ext/special/vn102aznt.html?utm_source=231106_MailMagazine&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=os_doll

The Dolpa50 after event is the 13th of January - almost an entire month after Dolpa itself (so longer than normal - on the plus side that gives some time to see owner photos of the items and dolls if it helps to change any minds)

As a fun aside, some of the pages have a 25th anniversary logo by the models. These dolls belong to Volks fans who could apply a few months back for their dolls to be models in Volks News 102. I didn’t look much into the specifics of that (I assume it was decided via lottery though, and the winners either visited volks or sent their dolls to them for the shoot), but it was a fun idea for the anniversary. I expected more of them though.

Edit: Here’s a page for those 3 special reader models: https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/special/dollfie25th/dolmo.html

Edited by Monty

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, Monty said:

They will go on sale on the 25th of November.

I saw those in Volks News and thought "oh, ugly sweaters," and it turns out they really are called Ugly Sweaters. XD

• Haha 3

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Beani
On 11/20/2023 at 3:27 PM, BeyondTime said:

I saw those in Volks News and thought "oh, ugly sweaters," and it turns out they really are called Ugly Sweaters. XD

I bought it literally due to the naming sense. Gotta love an ugly sweater. 

Heartplace

I woke up this morning, saw the ugly sweaters email, went to the computer and they were all sold out. 😂  Do things normally sell out that fast? And will the Dolpa 50 items likely come to the USA shop? I've got my eyes on the princess dress.

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Heartplace said:

I woke up this morning, saw the ugly sweaters email, went to the computer and they were all sold out. 😂  Do things normally sell out that fast? And will the Dolpa 50 items likely come to the USA shop? I've got my eyes on the princess dress.

Popular stuff sells out fast. The outfits should all come to Volks USA. The exceptions tend to be the stuff that is locked to a physical location like Akibahara or Tenshi-no-Sato. They call that stuff out upfront though. 

The only real issue with Volks USA is that the stuff may arrive at their store after Christmas. They often get all their stuff in a single shipment after the After Events in Japan. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Beani
5 hours ago, Heartplace said:

I was not expecting the ugly sweater to sell out that fast! (Some stuff does but only more popular items, so people must love the sweater or they didn’t make many) It says awaiting restock atm so there is hope they may add more. 

It does say they won’t have after event sales for the sweaters which makes me wonder what that means for a USA release..

The rest of the After Event items should be available for USA at some point though. I expect the princess dress to be a pretty hot item as Miku looks great as the model for it.

I didn’t even notice the Volks logo on the sweaters before. Love them even more now, the subtlety of that branding is really nice. 

Heartplace

Ah, thanks for the information, BeyondTime and Beani! I guess I'm surprised they sold out that fast! And Beani, you're right, one site says awaiting restock, but the USA site says sold out. There may be hope yet? But it'd be touchy to get it before Christmas, I expect, if it did come into stock! 

And thank-you for the Dolpa Items headsup. 💙 I might just jump on the dress from the main site, if they ship internationally. That way if I miss it, I have one more chance from the USA Shop. And you're not wrong about Miku modelling that dress so well, Beani- I also want that dress for my Miku 😆

Beani
1 hour ago, Heartplace said:

Ah, thanks for the information, BeyondTime and Beani! I guess I'm surprised they sold out that fast! And Beani, you're right, one site says awaiting restock, but the USA site says sold out. There may be hope yet? But it'd be touchy to get it before Christmas, I expect, if it did come into stock! 

For some reason I didn’t realise the sweaters went up on USA at the same time and sold out fast! Gotta say the exchange rate is awful for the USA site though. I don’t usually look there but a 1 to 100 yen exchange rate? Japan wishes our currency was worth that much hahaha. Amazed the accessory sets also sold out at USA too, guessing they simply didn’t have many to sell.

There is hope for an international restock and shipping international is still pretty quick atm. I’d say there is hope to get it by Christmas if they restock in the next week or two. Interested to see how long mine takes to ship out.

I hope you can grab that dress for your Miku when it drops! 

Heartplace
On 11/25/2023 at 7:30 PM, Beani said:

For some reason I didn’t realise the sweaters went up on USA at the same time and sold out fast! Gotta say the exchange rate is awful for the USA site though. I don’t usually look there but a 1 to 100 yen exchange rate? Japan wishes our currency was worth that much hahaha. Amazed the accessory sets also sold out at USA too, guessing they simply didn’t have many to sell.

There is hope for an international restock and shipping international is still pretty quick atm. I’d say there is hope to get it by Christmas if they restock in the next week or two. Interested to see how long mine takes to ship out.

I hope you can grab that dress for your Miku when it drops! 

Thank-you for the international restock suggestion! I saw the sweater pop up again last night, so I snagged the sweater and the matching antlers! And you're right, if they ship soon, with EMS, I should hopefully receive it before Christmas! I'm so excited, thank-you! Also, I think I'll do most of my shopping on the international site, the CAD is doing much better with the Yen than with the USD on the American site 😭

Beani
On 11/29/2023 at 3:03 AM, Heartplace said:

Thank-you for the international restock suggestion! I saw the sweater pop up again last night, so I snagged the sweater and the matching antlers! And you're right, if they ship soon, with EMS, I should hopefully receive it before Christmas! I'm so excited, thank-you! Also, I think I'll do most of my shopping on the international site, the CAD is doing much better with the Yen than with the USD on the American site 😭

Glad to hear you were able to grab them! With EMS you should get them with plenty of time to spare, fingers crossed!

Mine arrived yesterday but I avoid Christmas deco until December so will be waiting before trying things on Yor. The sweater really is higher quality than I was expecting. Now to figure out what she should wear for bottoms. 

Beani

This might suit Yor a little too well. 🤣

IMG_9709.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 7