Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
snailbox

AP Head / Obitsu male body?

snailbox

I know this forum skews heavily towards girl dolls but I was curious if anyone has put an AP head on a boy body? I know they're made by the same company so they should be compatible but I'm nervous to commit to the hybrid

Edited by snailbox

MoiBakaDesu

Huh, I would love to see if anyone ever tried to make an AP head into a boy, so I second that question.

• Like 1

ragnamuffin

I don’t think Obitsu makes boy bodies anymore, but if you used a custom made bust/torso that’s compatible with the Obitsu frame, you should be able to use an AP head (it will look weird if the body isn’t blushed though).

• Like 1

Oculae

Obitsu doesn't, but Parabox does, all the way up to 50cm. They're an Obitsu dealer in addition to selling their own parts that fit the frame, so it can be a bit confusing at times which part is whose. 😅

Having said that, Angel Philia uses the Obitsu frame just like Parabox does, so the head will fit on the body no problem. Keep in mind that Parabox ONLY makes parts in whitey though, so a tan head will look very strange. Stick to whitey and you'll be fine!

• Like 1

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

snailbox
30 minutes ago, Oculae said:

Obitsu doesn't, but Parabox does, all the way up to 50cm. They're an Obitsu dealer in addition to selling their own parts that fit the frame, so it can be a bit confusing at times which part is whose. 😅

Having said that, Angel Philia uses the Obitsu frame just like Parabox does, so the head will fit on the body no problem. Keep in mind that Parabox ONLY makes parts in whitey though, so a tan head will look very strange. Stick to whitey and you'll be fine!

do they ever restock their US website? seems like other forums have been asking about where to get/order the 50 cm boy bodies for awhile )':

also thanks everyone for the replies! i found an ancient obitsu 50cm body on yahoo auctions so i may have a test subject soon

Oculae

Which body did you get? Because Obitsu only has a 55cm, not a 50. 50 and below has ALWAYS been made by Parabox, as far as I'm aware.

I'm asking because the 55 uses the same frame as their long-discontinued 60 body - which has a different, much longer neck piece. The 50 neck piece will fit in the 55's neck vinyl, but it will not attach to the frame, so the head will always be a little wobbly. The 55 is also more in scale with a Dollfie Dream, so an Angel Philia head has a pretty good chance of looking way too small. I had a Smartdoll head on a 55 for a while and it was in scale, but I wouldn't go much smaller than that.

Parabox restocks pretty frequently and they're very communicative if you email them. They can probably tell you when their 50 boy will be back in stock. You can also ask about just ordering the vinyl separately - the only difference between the boy and the girl is the chest and torso vinyl, though for an Angel Philia, if you already have their body you might wanna order thighs as well - AP's thighs tend to be thicker than a normal Obitsu 50's.

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

snailbox

@Oculae it was an ancient 55cm body it turns out.. which when i read your post totally made sense that it wouldn't work! thank goodness my bid wasn't officially placed.

i did however see the 45cm boy body was in stock on parabox, i'm going to give that one a shot! i have a couple of existing ap girls (one whitey) so i can take a couple of pictures when everything arrives if people are interested. 🙂

btw, i heard rumor there is a new boy body in production? is there a thread here somewhere?

Edited by snailbox
missed ping

ragnamuffin
1 hour ago, Oculae said:

50 and below has ALWAYS been made by Parabox, as far as I'm aware.

There seems to be a bit of confusion about how all of these companies are related. Parabox doesn’t make parts. Obitsu manufactures all of the vinyl for Azone, Parabox and Quarantotto/Angelphilia. These companies design their own proprietary parts and Obitsu manufactures them, but they all fit on the Obitsu frame that Obitsu itself developed, since Obitsu has its own line of dolls separate from these other companies. These other companies are also retailers for Obitsu brand products, but none of them manufacture vinyl on their own.

54 minutes ago, snailbox said:

btw, i heard rumor there is a new boy body in production? is there a thread here somewhere?

That’s the 30cm body.

Oculae

Obitsu may manufacture them, but Parabox ultimately is why they exist, as both the designer and seller of these parts, so I call them Parabox bodies to avoid confusion...such as what happened above with the Obitsu 55. Confusing the Parabox designed boys with the Obitsu ones there could have led to a very disappointing hybrid, even if calling them Parabox-made isn't 100% accurate. My apologies for the inaccuracy.

• Like 1

ragnamuffin
5 hours ago, Oculae said:

Obitsu may manufacture them, but Parabox ultimately is why they exist, as both the designer and seller of these parts, so I call them Parabox bodies to avoid confusion...such as what happened above with the Obitsu 55. Confusing the Parabox designed boys with the Obitsu ones there could have led to a very disappointing hybrid, even if calling them Parabox-made isn't 100% accurate. My apologies for the inaccuracy.

No worries, I just see people getting confused about this all the time so I thought maybe that was the case here, but you’re right that it’s important to be specific about the parts that are proprietary to each company.

snailbox

hi all! thought i would bump this with how the hybrid boy ended up!

here are my original sayo type m, the ap type m/obitsu 45 cm boy body hybrid, and  type-o tan skin new body (idk exactly which one) girl (with shoes on).

spacer.png

spacer.png

i think it works well! i will probably switch out his hands for ap hands at some point, but the proportions work well for the fairy type character i'm going for.

• Like 1

seaslugs

I think he looks amazing, what a galaxy brain idea.

• Haha 1