Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Oculae

Smart Doll Pear: What Fits?

Oculae
Posted (edited)

Hi all! As the proud owner of a Pear girl, I thought a thread of alternative clothing options for them would be a good idea, so I'm putting one together to help out those who have a Pear and those who plan on getting one!

(...Mostly to help myself, though, because I don't have the money for Danny's small batch artisan made fat girl fits. 🤣)

I'll start off with some Etsy shops that have stuff specifically made for Pear:

EliteDollWorld has several cute casual options, such as pajama sets, leggings (straight leg and bellbottoms), cropped shirts, and skirts, mostly in solids with a couple printed fabrics. They're based in the US.

Manuelaisme has underwear sets, bikinis, denim jeggings and skirts, a jumpsuit, shirts, a hoodie, and a dress that can be worn 4 ways. Again, mostly solid fabrics, with a couple of printed options. They're based in Canada.

DollsOfMine just got their Pear, so they're releasing stuff a bit slower, so all they have right now is a few sock options, some underwear, and a knit vest, but they also make button downs, dresses, yoga sets, hats...a bunch of stuff, and as they redraft patterns they'll be releasing more of that for Pear. I'm very excited to get some hawaiian shirts for mine once they get those ready! They're based in the US.

I've also looked around on FB and done some experimenting with my own Pear girl and found out that some sets from Volks fit, and that tops are generally much kinder than bottoms. The only bottom-covering outfit I could find was the Balloon Dress set, and only barely: I can't pull the skirt down too far, so sitting poses are a little risky. And the jeans that the set comes with don't fit at all! Good thing it looks fine without them:

20231229_091301.jpg.2253e82ce2a17079903837f09e641f46.jpg

I did try the old Angel Philia trick of removing the head and bust to get skirts on, and that actually works quite nicely, as long as the skirt has an elastic waist and is already pretty long. Tailored and pleated skirts like in Volks's Lazuline Nadeshiko set will technically fit, but you can't get them closed in the back, and they gotta be longer than knee length to have a chance of covering a Pear girl's butt. The thinnest part of a Pear's waist is pretty high compared to a DD, so skirts made for other dolls sit waaaay higher on Pear.

For giggles, I also tried out some pants made for SD13 boys, but no luck there at all. (SD17 is still a solid Maybe, though, so if anyone has a big boy and a Pear, let me know how the pants sharing situation there looks!)

The good news is that most tops that fit DD L bust and DDdy are perfectly safe, as long as they can also fit Volk's resins. If it's only for DD it's usually tailored to fit a tighter waistline that Pear just doesn't have! Roomy is key here, so aim for comfy sweaters, loose shirts, kigurumis, coats, etc. Melody C's oversized tops and jackets fit great on Pear, so this holds true for third party clothes made for DD as well!

There was a lot of speculation on whether 18 inch doll clothes would fit, and unfortunately, it's the same deal with them - tops only fit if they're roomy or built to stretch, and pants....generally don't fit at all. Pear hips are just too big. Skirts are usually too short, but you might have some luck there if you find a long one.

And for those who already have SmDs and some clothes for them, Pear girls can share SmD specific wigs, shoes, short socks, and more size-agnostic accessories like jewelry and hair accessories. That's it.

If anyone out here with a Pear finds more specific outfits that fit or storefronts that have Pear clothes, feel free to add on! I'd love to see what other options are out there that I haven't tried yet! :)

Edited by Oculae
  • Like 12

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

Tira

I do not have a Pear girl yet (I was hoping maybe last night, but they sold out so fast...) but Nine9Style has a bunch of oversized tops  and outerwear that would probably work. 

Based on comparing the measurements, the Iplehouse EID guys are only a few centimeters bigger through the waist and hip, while the SID guys are smaller. So even for 70cm guy pants, it would be hit or miss. Something labeled "uncle" size would probably be a better bet than SD17.

• Like 2

Tippetarius

Did a little testing of what fits today with my pear girl, and I am happy to report that the Smart Doll white tiger kigurumi I have fits her perfectly.  I swear though that thing is magical as it also fits a few of my 63cm male BJDs. So yeah if you happen to be lucky enough to have either of the SmD tiger kigurumis they fit the pear body really well.

Also in the tried and works I tried a Iplehouse YID boy sized hoody, it was right length and size in most places and looked good on her. It was a bit snug at her tummy, but I feel some of my other looser and stretchyer  YID boy shirts would work super well on this body. I have not tried any of my SID or EID sized clothing (male or female), however when I do I will report in what of that works. Also once I can post photos I will share some here to show fit.

• Like 3

teensybits

My friend was able to get her pear girl into one of the older Volks BTSSB collaboration sets (not the DSD releases) and it was super cute. The bloomers are too tight on her wondrous thighs but everything else was great.

• Like 1

Tira

Kit N Kat has a few patterns for Pear. My Little Doll Story only has one Pear pattern, but on their Instagram, they have pictures of the Pear doll modeling some of their Classic patterns, so that expands your options. From the Free Patterns list, the Oversized Crewneck, Oversized T-shirt, and the looser Brenton Shirt should all work, as they're larger than the Nice Shirt pattern is.

• Like 1

Tira

Sorry to double-post, but I now have a Pear girl of my own! You can see her here. I sewed her top using UnderOrange's Cozy Pajamas pattern. The skirt is from Volks' Basic Skirt Set. It's not a perfect fit, the top snap doesn't come close to closing, but the sweater hides it. It's snug, but it will fit over her thighs to put it on. I think it looks really cute on her - the length is good, it's not stretched out of shape, and it's actually seasonally appropriate (unlike the capris made for her).

• Like 2

3lysa

I'm just curious, there is somewhere a Pear body measurement chart?

• Like 1