The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

prettysailorstar

What will u do with ur dolls in the future?

prettysailorstar

I’m wondering, does everyone plan to keep their dolls for a long time? Do you think you will sell your dolls in the future or give them to future generations? Maybe there should be a doll museum lol, They are pretty enough to be historical artifacts !!

• Like 1

Tasuke
Posted (edited)

I Found my "Wife" in late-2019... and, thanks to the OBITSU 26cm. Doll Body, she has attained her fullest potential.

Indeed; She's a Keeper... for Life;

https://to-heart.fandom.com/wiki/Konomi_Yuzuhara

A-1_-_Konomi_-_Boxed_1.jpg?width=1920&he

1345331443_izQ2WQeVjUaYw1hzgoYSDz.jpg?wi

Konomi_Yuzuhara_JOHN_4.jpg?width=1920&he

il_794xN.1985026211_s8pu.jpg?width=1920&

Konomi_4-3-24.png?width=1920&height=1080

Konomi_Undies_1-18-24_1_RESIZE_40.png?wi

Konomi_Nude_1-18-24_1_RESIZE_40.png?widt

Edited by Tasuke

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

Xiongmao
Posted (edited)

I do wonder about this a lot. Part of me wants to go and work overseas again, but I don't know what I'd do with my extended collection. Plus if I went to work in Japan then I'd probably accumulate another doll family while I was out there 😆.

My tribe do kind of belong in a museum because the majority of them are licensed characters and many are now minor grails. Somebody recently was surprised I had Touhou Project dolls. Touhou is a gigantic topic and I am trying to learn more about it. I might even make a Touhou game at some point.

Uh yeah, so Reimu and Marisa and the Reimu noodle stopper will start their own separate Touhou museum.

As well as our doll family we also have a decent collection of outfits, with many grails.

Edited by Xiongmao
  • Like 3

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Silent

I hope I wont sell them. And would like to have more time for them especially for customizations and recreating new ones.

prettysailorstar
On 1/9/2024 at 12:25 PM, Xiongmao said:

I do wonder about this a lot. Part of me wants to go and work overseas again, but I don't know what I'd do with my extended collection. Plus if I went to work in Japan then I'd probably accumulate another doll family while I was out there 😆.

My tribe do kind of belong in a museum because the majority of them are licensed characters and many are now minor grails. Somebody recently was surprised I had Touhou Project dolls. Touhou is a gigantic topic and I am trying to learn more about it. I might even make a Touhou game at some point.

Uh yeah, so Reimu and Marisa and the Reimu noodle stopper will start their own separate Touhou museum.

As well as our doll family we also have a decent collection of outfits, with many grails.

I love Touhou Project!! If you ever do make a game I would be so excited to play it!!

• Like 1

Rajke

I don’t see myself selling them. When I started working and earning my own money I value the items I bought for my collection. Some of them have been bought as a reward for a milestone in my life. How older the items get, the better the stories. 

I only sell the stuff I cannot use anymore, is broken or that I start to dislike. And sometimes items that I don’t use or have stored and someone close wants it.

And who knows, maybe when I am two or three decades older I can start a museum.

@onion9@@onion6@

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@onion20@   This is a signature.

DesertPhantom51

My mother still has her baby doll from when she was a little girl, and never plans to get rid of her.  My thoughts about my own dolls are very much the same.  Once I pass, I won't care anymore, but until then I'll always have some shelf space for them even if I stop taking photos and changing them monthly.  

• Like 1

sunlightandtea

I have no idea. My interests change over time, and my priorities. I may not want to have dolls around once I have kids someday. I just have no idea. I'm not opposed to selling them, I would be happy if someone else were able to enjoy them when I was done. I just don't know what the future holds. Hopefully a lot more cute doll pics!

Momopuffs

I plan on keeping them as I hope to still be in the hobby for many years to come! I had stopped being in the hobby for a few years back. I will probably store them for a while if I feel like the hobby is too much but I don’t plan on selling them. 

ragnamuffin

Who knows what the future holds. Right now I can’t imagine selling any of my dolls, but looking back on the dolls I collected as a child/teen, I think I could easily get rid of those, so I dunno how I’ll feel about my current collection in the future.

4 hours ago, Rajke said:

And who knows, maybe when I am two or three decades older I can start a museum.

I’ve had this thought many times myself! 🤭 

Edited by ragnamuffin
  • Like 1

SaraCherie

I view my DDs like companions in a way, and I've actually been into dolls in general since I was 12ish, so I don't think I'll be getting rid of them anytime soon. Even when I'm not active in the community itself, it's still nice to have them sitting on my desk and whatnot. They make very pretty decorations.

• Like 2

blisseycake

I want to limit my doll collection to few enough dolls to keep my whole life, but if I ever get into a situation where I can't keep them all, I'll most likely sell them after wiping them. Or just give them to other doll owners in the area, if I have to get rid of them on short notice. I'm customizing all of mine from blank parts, so I'd like to pass that joy on to someone else who likes customizing.

Inolth

I really need to start thinking about this. For now my plans are just to display them.

Bad_Luck

It depends. If I'm not bonding with a doll, I'll sell them to make room for new ones or to "thin the herd." And more dolls may come and go as my interests, finances, and available space change. But I expect I'll always have at least some dolls. And there are some dolls that I don't see ever parting with, like my childhood American Girl Molly or my Smart Doll Matilda.

My dream is to one day have a house with space enough that I can dedicate a whole room to my dolls and figures and nerdy stuff. But for now, I'm trying to keep the doll population from getting TOO out of hand!

MoiBakaDesu

I honestly don't see myself getting rid of any of them, they intermingled with the two characters that are my autistic special interest, and knowing myself that will stay with me for ... probably forever. My emotional attachement is a strong force in that regard.

• Like 1

Rheynna

I don't think I'll ever get rid of them. I don't collect Pullips anymore but I still have them displayed in my room... I even have my barbies, myscene and bratz from when I was a lil girl stored away; so the vinyl girls are pretty safe 😄

• Like 2

Riesz

Once a doll enters my home they never leave! Whenever I've gotten rid of hobby stuff in the past I always regretted it so now I just hang onto everything as long as I have the space to properly display them and store the clothing, accessories, etc. I just get too attached to them and I still enjoy them even if I don't play with them for a long time. I tend to pursue my hobbies in cycles so even if I'm not currently doing much with my dolls I'll cycle back around to showering them with attention again in a few months.

• Like 4

Shiiza

I've sold a few dolls when I didn't bond with them, but I knew for a fact they deserved to somewhere loved. I get really attached to my dolls and if I feel like i'm neglecting them I feel really bad so I'd rather sell/rehome them so they'll be appreciated. 

However many of my dolls I still have. Sadly my old resin collection is in storage and I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep them after developing really bad muscle weakness. I am not sure what I am going to do with them. I might customize them and then rehome them. I also have a lot of sad memories attached with them which is why I had to put them in storage. 

This is grim but as someone with a progressive illness, when it's time for me to kick the bucket I want to donate them to another disabled adult who'd would like to get into the hobby but lacks the means to. Pass them forward! @onion22@

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Poofiemus

I would have to be DESPERATE to sell any of my dolls, honestly. And even if I did, I'd do first clothes/shoes/accessories, then girl bodies, then DD boy bodies (since they're harder to come by but not impossible), and only then would I even consider doing heads. Last body/head to go would probably be my SmartDoll boy, because both his mold and his Milk skin tone are discontinued. I've also considered that in event of an evacuation (not likely where I live, but I have an active imagination), I'd be using similar logic to determine how to pack them. It'd basically be boys holding the 1/6 dolls and surrounded by the larger girls' heads. Just drowning in a sea of noggins inside a suitcase. LOL

As for the FAR future, when I'm no longer here, I'm not totally sure. I'm not going to have kids, so that isn't an option. It may be like what went on after MarkV passed, where one of our local doll collectors had a meet and we all basically did a dolly estate sale--that way they're all going to fellow doll people, and if they're local then they'll have some positive memories of me and whatever dolls or items they adopt. 

• Like 1

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

frollywoggy

It's hard to see what the future may look like for me, but over the past few months, I've been thinking about this question a lot. I've set aside the doll hobby somewhat since midway through last year, as there came to be a point where it was far more stressful than it was rewarding. As I read some of the posts here and on other doll-related forums or servers that I am on, I realise that my attachment to my dolls is fragile when compared to the bonds that others have with theirs.

Perhaps if I customised my dolls more (invested in face-up materials, made more clothing, etc.), I would feel more attached to them. As it is, I can easily say that there are some dolls I've seen on here that I admire more than my own dolls (not to say that I'm out to steal anyone's dolls, to be clear! it's just that I admire the way that the doll's owners have customised and personalised their dolls, and it really shows up in a doll when they are dearly loved), and it's made me think about what I can do to feel that way about my own dolls. For now, I'm fine letting it rest. I have no plans to sell any dolls anytime soon, though I know that if I decided it was right for me, I could let go of my dolls with a glad heart, knowing that in that case, they would go to someone who could cherish them more than I could. 

• Like 2

"And after the artist has been long gone, turned to dust, the art remains." -Spiritfarer

Noxxbunny

I'm another who has a chronic/progressive illness, so I've had to put some thought into what I want happening to my stuff in general. My first doll, my custom Kaito, is one I plan on keeping as a lifelong doll for sure. No matter if that means short term or long term. 9S is my other one.

All the others...I could see myself possibly parting with someday if the circumstances were right. But in general, if a doll enters my home, they're unlikely to leave it. 😆there's maybe been one or two exceptions to this.

But for Kaito and 9S in particular, because they're so dear to me, I would want someone in my family or one of my friends to cherish them as I have. I know they're just dolls, but I do have bonds with them and the thought of them being tossed out with thrift shop donations or trash really saddens me even if I wouldn't be here anymore to care. Those two have been with me through some of the wildest stages of my life at this point. Dolls are so comforting for being points of stability. Feels like everything else in my life changed dramatically in the last 5 years alone, but they haven't. And they won't. I can always count on that. They're definitely too sentimental to me at this point to ever consider getting rid of them lol.

• Like 4

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

mmmuguet

I likely won't get rid of any of mine unless I end up in some unforeseen dire situation.  My resin BJDs are 20+ years old now (man, if calculating that didn't make me feel old), so I've a good track record of holding onto my things when I say I will.  I've always carried huge sentimental attachments to my dolls, even when they aren't the main focus of my life; my resins have been gently tucked away in a light proof cabinet for some time now because they haven't been my priority hobby, but even still I love them and couldn't fathom getting rid of them.  My Kikipops are just waiting for better display options.  I'm dipping back into the hobby with my Tinyfoxes since they're precious and easy to keep around my room and desk, and I'm already so enamored that I know they'll follow the same way - sticking around for ages, even if I get busy or distracted and need to plop them on a shelf-hotel for a while.

It's less about the money invested over the years, and more about how each one has so many different memories for me.  Each one came at specific points in my life, it's nostalgic.  Each one has their personality in my mind, how they interact with others in the crew, etc.  I'm not a maternal person, but it'd feel like throwing out a kid for me haha.  I'll let whoever finds my body figure out what to do with them when I'm gone ╮(°◡°)╭

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

scripple

Given selling, packing, shipping etc. is such a hassle I'm going to guess they'll just end up in the trash.  Maybe in a pile at a thrift store donation box.

• Sad 4

HongBee

I collect a number of things but as I grow older I started selling them off because I don't know what will happen when I am gone and they are best with another person that can take care of them. I recently sold off quite a few Kotobukiya Marvel and DC statues and most of my NES cartridges and I am happy they are in a better place now since they were stuck in a box with me.

But a few things I would probably keep till the end. Some special stuff that were given to me, earned by me through blood & sweat or I found while traveling with my family. The rest well in a few decades they would probably be looking for new homes if they are still decently maintained haha... sigh... mortality really gets to you as you grow older.... 

• Like 1