Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Kissamaagi

Hello~!🌟

Kissamaagi

Been lurking here for a while and even gathered the courage to post a few times so... I guess it's time to do a introduction post!

I'm Kissamaagi, but I also go by Chiruyto online, so calling me by either of those is fine. I'm from Finland (which probably fellow finns or people familiar with the language would notice from my username lol)

I've been into 1/6 scale dolls for a few years, but last year I fell in love with 1/4 scale. Didn't start the easiest way definitely, since my first bigger girl was the first release of Imomodoll Miko. I also got MDD Arle since I love the character and the soll is also the cutest ever. Now I keep dreaming of even more MDDs and some Iris Collect petits have also caught my eye.

I also like to sew and knit for my dolls so I might post about those someday! I'd love to have the time to make all the clothing ideas in my head into reality lol

Nice to meet you all~!

• Like 5

Tasuke

Welcome!!!

Perchance you've heard of the  SONY Playstation 3/4 and NINTENDO SWITCH game "AKIBA STRIP 2" ?

one of it's core characters so happens to be a lovely, sweet-natured Finnish Girl by the name of Kati Raikkonen;

Kati_Raikkonen.webp?width=1920&height=10

Edited by Tasuke

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

Kissamaagi
8 hours ago, Tasuke said:

Welcome!!!

Perchance you've heard of the  SONY Playstation 3/4 and NINTENDO SWITCH game "AKIBA STRIP 2" ?

one of it's core characters so happens to be a lovely, sweet-natured Finnish Girl by the name of Kati Raikkonen;

Kati_Raikkonen.webp?width=1920&height=10

Haven't heard of it, but she's super cute!

Xiongmao

Welcome. I'm in the UK so not so far away. I have a few MDD's. I adore my pair of mochi-ashis on the 21 head...

spacer.png

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

asukakanea

Welcome! I like Azone best! but I also love to sew my doll's clothing. I have some 1/6th besides my new Nowa 50. do you have any pictures of stuff you sewed?

Rajke

Welcome to the forums.

@onion12@

From 1/6 to 1/4 is a nice step. Dollfie makes a lot of cute MDD sized dolls so there is a high possibility that more will follow.

I saw you mentioning sewing and knitting. What kind of items have you made?

I like your country. Big fan of Lordi and I have been collecting the BU Eurosets. I know two Finnish words: Suomi which means the same as Finland if I am correct and Rahasarja which is on every coinset and I don’t know what it means.

@onion6@

Seeya around,

Rajke

@onion20@   This is a signature.

Kissamaagi
2 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

Welcome. I'm in the UK so not so far away. I have a few MDD's. I adore my pair of mochi-ashis on the 21 head...

spacer.png

Sooo cute!! I also love the 21 head and mochi-ashi, hope to get one someday!

45 minutes ago, Rajke said:

Welcome to the forums.

I like your country. Big fan of Lordi and I have been collecting the BU Eurosets. I know two Finnish words: Suomi which means the same as Finland if I am correct and Rahasarja which is on every coinset and I don’t know what it means.

Thank you! Funnily enough rahasarja just means money set so... now you know why it is on every coinset 😄

1 hour ago, asukakanea said:

Welcome! I like Azone best! but I also love to sew my doll's clothing. I have some 1/6th besides my new Nowa 50. do you have any pictures of stuff you sewed?

47 minutes ago, Rajke said:

I saw you mentioning sewing and knitting. What kind of items have you made?

I don't really have the best of photos since I haven't been able to do a proper photoshoot yet, the lighting situation is not the best at winter since it gets dark so early. But here's a dress I've sewn for my Imomodoll, her name is Seraphina. Bit of an work in progress photo since the bows are still on with pins but you'll just have to believe me I've actually sewed them on already

spacer.png

And here's Arle with cardigan and wristlets I've made! Still working on a nice MDD cardigan pattern for myself, this one's sleeves are too short, but the wristlets hide it nicely. Also working on a bear ear headband matching the wristlets. 

spacer.png
´

• Like 5

Rajke
22 hours ago, Kissamaagi said:

Thank you! Funnily enough rahasarja just means money set so... now you know why it is on every coinset 😄

I don't really have the best of photos since I haven't been able to do a proper photoshoot yet, the lighting situation is not the best at winter since it gets dark so early. But here's a dress I've sewn for my Imomodoll, her name is Seraphina. Bit of an work in progress photo since the bows are still on with pins but you'll just have to believe me I've actually sewed them on already

spacer.png

And here's Arle with cardigan and wristlets I've made! Still working on a nice MDD cardigan pattern for myself, this one's sleeves are too short, but the wristlets hide it nicely. Also working on a bear ear headband matching the wristlets. 

spacer.png
´

Thank you for explaining the meaning of the word Rahasarja. I have googled it before and never found an answer. I thought for years that it was the name of the coinhouse that produces the sets. It’s nice to know what it means. 
@onion29@

The outfits you made are really beautiful. I like the vest, it works so well with Arle’s sailor uniform. 

Seraphina’s dress is beautiful too. I like the design and it is definitely a more difficult one to make. Hope you post photo’s of the end result. 

I have not much experience with outfit making. But it is enjoyable. So far I have made a 1/6 scaled hat (should be 1/3 scale but I failed somewhere in the measurements) and a haori (Japanese style coat). 

@onion20@   This is a signature.

Kissamaagi
On 1/16/2024 at 8:19 PM, Rajke said:

The outfits you made are really beautiful. I like the vest, it works so well with Arle’s sailor uniform. 

Seraphina’s dress is beautiful too. I like the design and it is definitely a more difficult one to make. Hope you post photo’s of the end result. 

I have not much experience with outfit making. But it is enjoyable. So far I have made a 1/6 scaled hat (should be 1/3 scale but I failed somewhere in the measurements) and a haori (Japanese style coat). 

Thank you!

Measurements sure are often hard, I usually maake at least one mock up of anything I'm sewing so I'm getting the measurements right. With that dress there's one mockup, and then I made two of the actual dresses. Made them at first kind of side by side, but also the "first" one (the one Seraphina's wearing actually!) was still kind of testing what kind of seams would be good etc.

• Like 1

asukakanea
On 1/15/2024 at 2:16 PM, Kissamaagi said:

spacer.png

spacer.png
´

wow the dress is so pretty even if it does have pins still on! it must be hard to knit that tiny.

Kissamaagi
52 minutes ago, asukakanea said:

wow the dress is so pretty even if it does have pins still on! it must be hard to knit that tiny.

Thank you! And yeah, knitting small is a bit fiddly at first, but I'm starting to get used to it. I started trying to knit 1/6 stuff and that's just way too small for me 😖

asukakanea
On 1/18/2024 at 10:37 AM, Kissamaagi said:

Thank you! And yeah, knitting small is a bit fiddly at first, but I'm starting to get used to it. I started trying to knit 1/6 stuff and that's just way too small for me 😖

at that point I would just sew knit fabric together. I've only made scarfs my self. the needles for 1/6 would have to be SO small!

Kissamaagi
2 hours ago, asukakanea said:

at that point I would just sew knit fabric together. I've only made scarfs my self. the needles for 1/6 would have to be SO small!

Sewing knit fabric together can be kind of difficult as well, I actually hate it more than knitting. It stretches out annoyingly so easily...

Tippetarius

Hello and Welcome. 

asukakanea
On 1/20/2024 at 8:35 PM, Kissamaagi said:

Sewing knit fabric together can be kind of difficult as well, I actually hate it more than knitting. It stretches out annoyingly so easily...

I see I was thinking something like jersey. but yeah knit stretches a lot.

strawberrywho

Omg ur sewing skills are super impressive wow. That dress is beautiful. <3

Kissamaagi
On 1/22/2024 at 9:49 PM, Tippetarius said:

Hello and Welcome. 

Thank you!

On 1/27/2024 at 12:05 AM, asukakanea said:

I see I was thinking something like jersey. but yeah knit stretches a lot.

I kind of hate sewing jersey as well 😅 even though I have a serger making it easier... then again I have recently been into finishing edges with something other than serging so it hasn't been getting much use

On 1/29/2024 at 5:02 AM, strawberrywho said:

Omg ur sewing skills are super impressive wow. That dress is beautiful. <3

Thank you!

• Like 1

asukakanea
On 1/30/2024 at 6:08 AM, Kissamaagi said:

Thank you!

I kind of hate sewing jersey as well 😅 even though I have a serger making it easier... then again I have recently been into finishing edges with something other than serging so it hasn't been getting much use

Thank you!

I can see how some people hate sergers. i don't own one but they frighten me in terms of sewing. I' don't mind jersey but I just use a regular machine or do hand sewing for something like really tiny socks.

• Like 1

ZaPpA_721

Hello and welcome!! Wanted to say that white dress is spectacular, can't wait to see more custom clothes on your girls!