The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Enki

DD Enkidu Project- suggestions appreciated!

Enki

I'm working on my first DD project- a custom meant to look like Enkidu from the Fate series- specifically from their appearance in Fate: Strange Fake, as I feel they're at their most beautiful! I have, however, been struggling to pick a sculpt for their head. At first, I'd hoped to make an MDD with DDH10, but I felt that the face was too immature and rounded to properly portray Enkidu.

After a lot of comparison, I've narrowed it down to DDH-16 and DDS Anastasia as possible bases- I definitely prefer DDH-16 out of the two, and I feel the lip sculpt is spot on along with the length of the nose! That being said, I think the shape of Anastasia's eyes might be a bit closer, though that could really just be a result of her lash painting.

I was hoping to ask for suggestions from everyone about other possible sculpts that might work or which of these two they felt looked best! I've sourced pretty much everything for my project aside from that (clothes, wigs, etc).

Current theoretical setup is:

Head: DDH-16

Body: DDSB or DDB (perhaps even DDS with an XS bust)

spacer.png

ragnamuffin

I think the DDH-16 works better because the nose ridge is more defined, and as you say the lips approximate the shape in the art better. The eyelid is also sculpted onto the 16 head, unlike Anastasia.

• Like 1

meltychoco_BJD

I also think DDH-16 suits his features better; if you're worried about the eyes, it's probably easier to mod the eyes on the DDH-16 than it is to mod the nose and mouth on Anastasia, if you go that route.

☆⋅⋆ ───FIND ME ON─── ⋆⋅☆

DoA | Twitter | Instagram

☆⋅⋆ ────── ⋆⋅☆

Enki
12 hours ago, ragnamuffin said:

I think the DDH-16 works better because the nose ridge is more defined, and as you say the lips approximate the shape in the art better. The eyelid is also sculpted onto the 16 head, unlike Anastasia.

10 hours ago, meltychoco_BJD said:

I also think DDH-16 suits his features better; if you're worried about the eyes, it's probably easier to mod the eyes on the DDH-16 than it is to mod the nose and mouth on Anastasia, if you go that route.

I was thinking the nose ridge and lips would be the main important thing while picking sculpts and this is sort of confirming my suspicions, especially in terms of how much modding the sculpt might need (and the overall cost in that regard). Thank you both so much for helping me pick!

• Like 1