Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
mmmuguet

Prerequisite Introduction Post #23812

mmmuguet

╮(°◡°)╭ I'm not great at intros or icebreakers, but I gotta get that post count rolling if I want to participate and post photos.  So, howdy!

I'm not new to BJDs (the resin crew is currently living in the cabinet-crypt to prevent yellowing and save space, because unsurprisingly a gaggle of 60cm boys sucks up a fair bit of real estate), but I am new to finally owning vinyl.  I saw 1 Tinyfox doll photo and it was downhill from there - so cute! Perfect size! I can keep them out and not be afraid of UV damage (instead I simply traded that for a fear of irreversible staining)!  If they ever release a cute 1/4 boy I'll be doomed, but for now I'm wholly invested in their 1/6 line.

Three at home (well, one of them is technically on its way to my proxy), and uhhh...six in various states of pre-order...?  I honestly played myself when I thought I would just own two or three, for real.

• Like 8

Giallo_Gatta

Welcome! 

If it makes you feel any better, there's actually lots of tutorials here about how to remove stains if that ever did happen.

• Like 1

RozenGermain

Congrats on becoming one of us! I really like TinyFox too, in fact 3/5 of my vinyls are TF dolls (one custom and two fullsets)! Volks may have my favorite vinyl dolls, but TinyFox has the cutest fullsets! I wanna see the rest of your TF crew too I have to say, I can see your Anna on your pfp, but I wanna see the rest too!

ragnamuffin
9 hours ago, mmmuguet said:

I honestly played myself when I thought I would just own two or three, for real.

Relatable. Everyone starts out thinking they’ll only own one or two dolls and then next thing you know, you have like ten (or over 100, in the case of a few forum members…).

• Like 2

MoiBakaDesu
15 hours ago, mmmuguet said:

If they ever release a cute 1/4 boy I'll be doomed, but for now I'm wholly invested in their 1/6 line.

Welcome to the forum! I might have good news for you, Imomo has a boy/angel body in 1/4 scale that I personally think is really cute, so that might be something for you as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RozenGermain
10 hours ago, ragnamuffin said:

Relatable. Everyone starts out thinking they’ll only own one or two dolls and then next thing you know, you have like ten (or over 100, in the case of a few forum members…).

I feel that pain too hehe! Even with TF, I assumed I would have just Ishmael, but now I ended up with three, two of them being fullsets!

• Like 2

mmmuguet
12 hours ago, RozenGermain said:

Congrats on becoming one of us! I really like TinyFox too, in fact 3/5 of my vinyls are TF dolls (one custom and two fullsets)! Volks may have my favorite vinyl dolls, but TinyFox has the cutest fullsets! I wanna see the rest of your TF crew too I have to say, I can see your Anna on your pfp, but I wanna see the rest too!

Hoping for full forum access soon! Especially once my custom arrives, I'm gonna want to slap their photo everywhere, I'm so excited haha. I understand the reason for staggering photo privileges but weehhh 🥲

5 hours ago, MoiBakaDesu said:

Welcome to the forum! I might have good news for you, Imomo has a boy/angel body in 1/4 scale that I personally think is really cute, so that might be something for you as well.

Ohhh nooo, that might be a downfall for me.  I hadn't really looked into Imomo much because it seemed difficult to get pre-painted heads (I know from my resin days that painting them is not my skill set lmao), but I may have to browse the thread more in depth now!

• Like 1

MoiBakaDesu
38 minutes ago, mmmuguet said:

Hoping for full forum access soon! Especially once my custom arrives, I'm gonna want to slap their photo everywhere, I'm so excited haha. I understand the reason for staggering photo privileges but weehhh 🥲

Ohhh nooo, that might be a downfall for me.  I hadn't really looked into Imomo much because it seemed difficult to get pre-painted heads (I know from my resin days that painting them is not my skill set lmao), but I may have to browse the thread more in depth now!

Then you are at least currently save, they haven't made a fullset using that body yet, haha. But hey, getting a head painted from a faceup artist is always an option. 👀

• Like 1

blisseycake
Posted (edited)
On 4/30/2024 at 6:25 AM, mmmuguet said:

I hadn't really looked into Imomo much because it seemed difficult to get pre-painted heads (I know from my resin days that painting them is not my skill set lmao), but I may have to browse the thread more in depth now!

I've never done it this way before, but when I bought an Imomo head on Jane's Dolland they had a separate faceup option that you can add to your cart!

Edited by blisseycake
  • Like 1

mmmuguet

I'll definitely have to keep that in mind then!  There's some super cutie 1/4 Imomo heads calling for my money but I'm gonna force myself to sit on my hands for now hahah ☠️

• Like 1

Sebby
Posted (edited)

Welcome here! Sounds like you'll soon have an awesome 1/6 army at home. 

For staining, most stains are reversible. There's RemoveZit and other creams with BenzylPeroxide that help really well with removing stains. There are good tutorials regarding removing them. Edit: this apparently won't work for TF. But does work for Imomo, Obitsu and DD and SmD

For the unpainted Imomo heads, there are some amazing face-up artists out there who can make them exactly the way you want so no worries about getting pre-painted heads or not.

Edited by Sebby

ragnamuffin
55 minutes ago, Sebby said:

For staining, most stains are reversible. There's RemoveZit and other creams with BenzylPeroxide that help really well with removing stains. There are good tutorials regarding removing them.

Unfortunately TinyFoxes can’t be stain treated in their current form. The creams typically used to treat stains destroy their special coating. Supposedly the formula was changed and newer releases will be easier to treat, but nobody knows for sure since they haven’t been released yet.

Sebby
1 minute ago, ragnamuffin said:

Unfortunately TinyFoxes can’t be stain treated in their current form. The creams typically used to treat stains destroy their special coating. Supposedly the formula was changed and newer releases will be easier to treat, but nobody knows for sure since they haven’t been released yet.

really? Whoa, didn't know that they had a special coating. 

ragnamuffin
4 hours ago, Sebby said:

really? Whoa, didn't know that they had a special coating. 

Yeah, it makes them soft to touch! It’s too bad it’s not more resistant 🙁

mmmuguet
1 hour ago, ragnamuffin said:

Yeah, it makes them soft to touch! It’s too bad it’s not more resistant 🙁

I'm curious how the new body will feel, because I honestly love the velvety smooth coating the bodies have right now.  It's a trade off for the staining issue, but I love the tactile nature of it!