The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

SonataAvalon

Tattooing a smart doll/dollfie dream by heat press or any method?

SonataAvalon

Could you hypothetically engrave a tattoo onto a Smart Doll or Dollfie Dream part? 

I don't have (or want to) do anything to test this with yet, but I do have tattoo designs one could put.

Forums banned from year wise: GamePress FateGrand Order: 1,000 years. I'm a bit impulsive and do not mean what I say, so if I go off-topic please note I do have ADHD and Autism. I'm most likely younger than you btw.
Thank's for reading!

Anna-neko

You don't need to engrave a thing.... just paint it and seal it?  Or make some decals! (and also seal them)

Everyone does face-ups and body blushing, how is a tattoo for a doll any different?

..........unless you want the doll to have a deep scar/brand sort of thing..... then a very light-handed exacto blade will do the trick

• Like 1

SonataAvalon
2 hours ago, Anna-neko said:

You don't need to engrave a thing.... just paint it and seal it?  Or make some decals! (and also seal them)

Everyone does face-ups and body blushing, how is a tattoo for a doll any different?

Interesting, thank you for sharing your answer.

Forums banned from year wise: GamePress FateGrand Order: 1,000 years. I'm a bit impulsive and do not mean what I say, so if I go off-topic please note I do have ADHD and Autism. I'm most likely younger than you btw.
Thank's for reading!

PlasticJester

Pretty sure you can use a decal, nail art sticker, or even possibly a temporary tattoo, yea, as well as your standard face-up options. If you wanted to engrave, you could maybe break out a dremel?

395895163_DollGroupPixel.png.2e3e4b229f96b86eed9347c93eb5864c.png

RozenGermain

What kind of decals would work for dolls anyway? I've seen them before for faceups (usually face stickers or bandages) but I don't know very much about them...

Anna-neko
25 minutes ago, RozenGermain said:

What kind of decals would work for dolls anyway? I've seen them before for faceups (usually face stickers or bandages) but I don't know very much about them...

Have you ever done model kits? They come with these decal sheets that you carefully soak in water, so the image will slide off. You then very carefully get the image onto the desired surface, and smooth it out and get excess water off with a brush. Brush extra clear glue or sealant over it, and you're done!

Volks has released some dolls with decals (Miku's 01 arm stamp, Rin's Command Spells for her hand, Belldandy's face markings...etc) in the past, so we know it's a thing!

Anyway, I do believe you can buy blank decal sheets to print your own images on them. Similar to how you can buy blank sticker paper or similar

• Thanks 1

SonataAvalon
Posted (edited)

On 5/3/2024 at 6:13 PM, Anna-neko said:

Volks has released some dolls with decals (Miku's 01 arm stamp, Rin's Command Spells for her hand, Belldandy's face markings...etc) in the past, so we know it's a thing!

Anyway, I do believe you can buy blank decal sheets to print your own images on them. Similar to how you can buy blank sticker paper or similar

How much are decal sheets (update looked they're like $10, I have an idea for what I may sell here if people are interested in my decals.) I don't think I'll be needing a special printer.

I'm thinking here, and you seem to be the person who replies the most for my crappy asks lol

Edited by SonataAvalon

Thank's for reading!

Anna-neko

ha ha, I personally am terrible at decals. Not patient and steady enough for 'em

My last experience with 'em was making StarWars model kits, and soooo glad they can be "battle damaged" because my fingers too chubby to transfer a sticker over w/out ripping it.....  The last doll that came with decals - gave someone money to transfer them for me!

• Haha 1

scripple

Yeah water slide decals work well.  You only need a special printer if you want to have white or other colors lighter than the vinyl in the design as normal inks/toners can't print white and the decals are clear.  Otherwise they make sheets for laser or ink jet printers.  There's also a solution that softens the decals so they follow contours better but it does slightly damage vinyl so consider how much you care either way before using it.

Here's an example of a larger decal I printed and applied.

bjdimg_20210119_001_600.jpg

Secrets Revealed

• Like 1

SonataAvalon
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, scripple said:

Yeah water slide decals work well.  You only need a special printer if you want to have white or other colors lighter than the vinyl in the design as normal inks/toners can't print white and the decals are clear.  Otherwise they make sheets for laser or ink jet printers.  There's also a solution that softens the decals so they follow contours better but it does slightly damage vinyl so consider how much you care either way before using it.

Here's an example of a larger decal I printed and applied.

bjdimg_20210119_001_600.jpg

Secrets Revealed

I'm thinking of mostly selling/doing flower-like patterns for $1, this would be in my and the buyers expectation and (my hope) they have the understanding that the buyer should know what they'll need to decal their doll. I don't know how I'd do this though. As I've never tried. 

they would be in black or dark colors at least, to make it easier on people. I like to sometimes use black and red gradient overlays on them for some of these, but it's going to be mostly darker colors. That's my idea at least.

Here's an idea/example:136295212_Artboard43.png.aa4004e0f12c688fe7e2fce957614001.pngthis would go on the backside of a doll.

Edited by SonataAvalon

Thank's for reading!