Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
carpedentum

Price Estimates

carpedentum

Hello, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I'm wondering what sort of price to set some Dollfie Dream parts on Ebay for. They're very much loved but due to a house move and a new baby on the way I really can't afford to keep them.

I have a Dddy body, originally from a Yoko DD. I payed $330 for it and it's in pristine condition. It comes with the Yoko box but nothing else. I have a basic DD body in white and two heads, one in white and one in normal. It's been a while since I've visited any BJD forums so I'm sorry too if my terminology's a bit rusty or incorrect. If anyone could tell me some good prices to set the items at it'd be much appreciated

PlasticFantastic

Well for a white DDII body you should probably be selling it for a little under volks retail (maybe around $200) and if the heads are blank you can sell them for basically what you paid. If they have faceups (depending on the quality) that will affect the price.

To give you a gauge for Yoko's DDdy body I bought mine with some very minor stains and her box on YJA for 27K plus fees. Yoko's body since it's unique means it is more valuable than a regular DDdy body. I'd say around $300-$350 would be a fair price to expect for it.

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

Please visit my YouTube channel for helpful DD tips, tutorials, and reviews!

carpedentum

Thank you very much for your answer

mitsuki

I agree with PlasticFantastic on the price. Are you going to make a Marketplace listing?

PlasticFantastic

An auction with a reserve eh?

I wish you good luck in selling!

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

carpedentum

Thank you I'm not sure if that's the right way to go about selling my dolls. I did used to be really passionate about them and I really enjoyed my hobby but it's really not something I can afford to keep up any more. I hope someone gets a lot of happiness from their bid!

PlasticFantastic
Thank you I'm not sure if that's the right way to go about selling my dolls. I did used to be really passionate about them and I really enjoyed my hobby but it's really not something I can afford to keep up any more. I hope someone gets a lot of happiness from their bid!

It's unusual for a reserve in auctions of dolls, you may have been better off just setting your starting bid as the lowest price you'd accept.

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

Traveller

I am in need of a new body, but think a reserve can scare some people away as the start is to high.

I am tempted to go for this if I knew what the reserve is, as all I would need then is a Yoko Head

nkei

Hey carpedentum,

I'd be interested in the white skin DDII body if the price with shipping is right . Just putting it out there lol.

carpedentum

Thank you so much for the replies here, it's really very appreciated!

Nkei- May I ask where you're from? That way I can get an estimate for the shipping. I don't have a box for the white body, so what I'd do if you'd like is simply wrap it in bubble wrap so it was as small and light a parcel as possible. I do have to state I bought the body second hand and it was unfortunately already stained and marked, but if you're still interested I can take lots of photographs and we could decide a price which was good for both of us.

Traveller- The reserve is £200, so about $312. In hindsight, this probably is a bit too high, but it is less money than I originally bought it for and it's barely been out of the box since I purchased it. I hope this helps.