Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Maridah

Issues with joints

Maridah

This may be a dumb question, but I've noticed one leg of my girl is shorter than the other.

It's made it hard for her to sit normally (and she stands a bit funny) because it seems to be inset more at the hip joint. I've tugged on it a bit to try to adjust it, but it hasn't done anything to help.

On the same side of her, I noticed her arm is also more inset on that side and isn't as easy to pose. Is this normal or should I be concerned? Her arm is about 1/2" out farther on the other side and I noticed these issues as soon as I unpacked the body. I was hoping posing them a bit would help, but it hasn't.

Should I take it in to the Volks store for them to look at it? I'm hoping someone might have experience with this.

http://www.BJDAtelier.com/ Clothes for DD & BJDs

Claudia

i have the same but guess its normal. You have inside a kind of skeleton which also move by moving the doll. By me it was mostimes ok with pushing the armes back into the torso and the leg to the hip.

its not perfekt but sitting and standy will work much better than.

Pupi

I have the sape problem with my MDD: one of her leg is shorter than the other. I have tried to check the inner frame and I have noticed a crack on a piece! I haven't take a picture of it because I menage to fit the weird-leg-lenght problem with some tack putty but I don't konw how to fix that crack...

enthusiast pasta girl - she/her - power bi

Mini Mode Lab

Claudia

ohh thats doesen´t sounds good .. mine hade the problem from beginning .. maybe i should sche is immer skelleton too .... but how ?

Halcyon

Mine was fine, but the arms were a little off. One arm is longer than the other. After looking at the issue for 5 minutes or so, I noticed that the skeletal "chest" was a little off; the torso didn't line up with the skeleton. Thus, I took off the bust, and moved the "torso" from side to side until the "arm joint" opening was almost in line with the joint opening from the inside skeletal structure. Then, I put both of my hands on each side of the torso and pressed my hands inward (facing each other). With that and a few tries, I've finally get the skeletal structure to evenly line up with the torso (chest, rip cage).

I know this is a different issue, but maybe it'd help you think of something.

-Halcyon

DD 娘 - Dollfie Dream® Daughters

{1} : DDS [ユ-ピィ] - Euphie

Nakitaninja

No question is dumb. ^^ Please don't ever worry about asking, even if it has been asked before someone would point you in the right direction in a kind manner.

I've not had a problem really but the vinyl 'body' of the dollfie sort of just 'rests' on the skeleton of the DD. I've had to adjust the vinyl parts a couple times so that they would sit more evenly on the skeleton. It's the same process you use for removing/replacing a bust on a DD. Hopefully you just have a torso that is kind of stuck off kilter and is pushing the arm a bit out of joint? I don't know entirely without seeing her myself. Here's the Volks comic about dealing with adjusting your girl's 'body parts'. I hope it provides you some help even if it wasn't exactly what you were looking for. Click for a bigger version. ^_____^

5533505231_49b1a6b168_z.jpg

DD Torso by dollflip, on Flickr

My MDD's arms are always sliding out due to posing so sometimes I just need to remember to push the joints back together again. MDD skeletons tend to be more loose than their DD sisters. ^^

Most every part of the DD is replaceable so in the worst case scenario you can always order new hands or feet.

40283197242_5620dd1681.jpg

Maridah

Thanks, everyone for getting back to me on this! Ilvias's comment about the crack has me worried I should check her tonight to make sure it's not something like that ^_^;; She seemed really well packed when she arrived, but the issue was always there. I'll try disassembling her.

I'm going to do what Halcyon suggested and hope it's just an alignment issue...

No question is dumb. ^^ Please don't ever worry about asking, even if it has been asked before someone would point you in the right direction in a kind manner.

I guess it's good I asked here because I posed the question on DoA the day before in the DD thread and had no response. I was feeling a bit like it wasn't something I should be asking after that cold shoulder LOL Thanks for the picture link as well. That might fix the problems with her arms at least.

http://www.BJDAtelier.com/ Clothes for DD & BJDs

Claudia

thank you very much @ Nakitaninja

Halcyon
Thanks, everyone for getting back to me on this! Ilvias's comment about the crack has me worried I should check her tonight to make sure it's not something like that ^_^;; She seemed really well packed when she arrived, but the issue was always there. I'll try disassembling her.

I'm going to do what Halcyon suggested and hope it's just an alignment issue...

I guess it's good I asked here because I posed the question on DoA the day before in the DD thread and had no response. I was feeling a bit like it wasn't something I should be asking after that cold shoulder LOL Thanks for the picture link as well. That might fix the problems with her arms at least.

If the issue persists after you tried to fix it, then please post up a few pictures of the problems you see. You may want to take off the bust and waist - and check the joint openings (for the legs and arms - if the torso /w bust isn't centered or look natural) to see whether or not the alignment of the skeleton is in tune with the outer portion of the body. Before you can take out the bust and hips, you'd have to pull out the arms and legs. Make sure your work area is clean, and stray away from black threads!

We are here to help. No sweat! And, don't be shy about it!

-Halcyon

DD 娘 - Dollfie Dream® Daughters

{1} : DDS [ユ-ピィ] - Euphie

Nakitaninja

I won't go on about DoA but let's just say I am thrilled I found this board because everyone is really nice by comparison. Honestly, most folks over there are into the resin side & Super Dollfie (they're internally strung) and don't quite know as much about the Dollfie Dreams which -as you already know- have a unique skeleton inside.

From my limited understanding: the original DD's were also internally strung they were "allowed" on DoA despite not being resin. Then Volks they moved over to the internal skeletal system and whatever mods in power decided that the Dollfie Dreams were "grandfathered in" and people could continue to post despite them "technically" not being a traditional BJD... as you can imagine there was probably a lot of arguing and people getting the epic 'ban-hammer' falling upon their heads for no apparent reason... and most likely crying, gnashing of teeth and/or throwing of keyboards or something appropriately dramatical (<-- yes, I know it's not a word)... anyhow... I wasn't there so I don't actually know. I just like to use my imagination for the funny! ^^

Ummm.... where was I? Oh yes! It's most likely you didn't get a response because people aren't as familiar with DDs there as here. DoA isn't a bad place- especially for advertising sales and whatnot but the community is sort of 'meh' for me, personally. It may also be a size thing with the forums- it's still small enough here that you'll get to know who people are and they're all really, super nice. ^^

Please take pictures if you need more help adjusting your girl. I didn't read if she came from Volks themselves or if you adopted your daughter from someone else online? (I may have missed that so I'll go back and check) As a seller of DDs, I would suggest you contact whoever sold her to you with that question as well. I'm pretty much insane with all the original packaging and things being either MIB or in mint condition. I never sell anything that I wouldn't buy myself. Asking about your daughter is not unreasonable and I would want to know what they have to say too- Volks or otherwise!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. *^^*

40283197242_5620dd1681.jpg

MsGeek

You can order replacement outer vinyl pieces...but you CANNOT order replacement internal DDIF parts for Dollfie Dreams. If you have a part of the internal frame break, you either come up with a hack to fix it (and I mean a real hack) or you have to replace the whole body. This may change soon starting with Dollfie Dream Sister if people's translations of Volks materials are to be believed, but right now, no.