Jump to content

sunlightandtea

Politely Nefarious

AnnaNeko

Xiongmao

Mandie

BeyondTime

DesertPhantom51

F-15

ateliervanilla

The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Rubber_Fairy

[NSFW] Rubber Fairy's doll pics! (a return~)

Recommended Posts

Rubber_Fairy
Posted (edited)

Hello! 

It's been almost exactly 12 years (wow!) since I last posted here. But I guess you never truly leave, huh? Anyway, here is Ophelia! The creation of my beautiful, wonderful, delightful puppygirl has been a years-long process, she is a character of mine who has been with me for almost 11 years, as a light, a muse, an emotional tether.

And now she's here in doll form! She started out as Volks original Asuna model, which is actually quite poetic as when she first coalesced back then, Ophelia had a lot of inspiration drawn from Asuna (and other sources too of course, as well as my own ideation.)

I had initially embarked on the process of manifesting her in this way around three years ago, but life was fully in the way so I did not have the creativity nor the courage to do her justice. Trimming her wig was such a terrifying prospect, but my former hairstylist bestie gave me some tips last month to get it to the length I wanted (I cut off like 4 inches of hair) and to trim the bits next to her bangs. The back is a little uneven, but I'm still so proud of my work for the first time doing something like that. I may try to fashion her a tail with the leftover strands I kept, but that's another courageous endeavor for a later time. Also it took ages to find her the right ears, oh my goodness I did not realize how difficult it would be to find floppy puppy ears in the sea of all the cute pointy cat and fox ones (thank you to @minithecatdoll on etsy for those, also the source of her phone!) 

I have an outfit that'll be more 'her' ordered so I'm holding off on a longer photo session until then, but I couldn't not take a few now that she's effectively complete.

Here she is on a pillow, and her keeping me company at work! ❤️

 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Rubber_Fairy
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rubber_Fairy

Ophelia got a bit tangled up in waiting for her new clothes to arrive! There are two outfits working their way through customs to her which is very exciting, but in the meantime she is amusing herself with some yarn~

(this is some shibari practice for when she has time for a full photoshoot of that ❤️)

 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rubber_Fairy
Posted (edited)

The first of Ophelia's three new outfits arrived today! This one comes from Alice's Collections. It's not practical at all in the heat of summer, but she still looks so wonderfully classy and chic. ❤️

 

spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by Rubber_Fairy
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rubber_Fairy

Also, while we had her naked, we took some time to learn more shibari ties! It was very fun to get all the knots right, and to take some very stylish photos~

 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Giallo_Gatta
8 hours ago, Rubber_Fairy said:

The first of Ophelia's three new outfits arrived today! This one comes from Alice's Collections. It's not practical at all in the heat of summer, but she still looks so wonderfully classy and chic. ❤️

 

spacer.pngspacer.png

What a coincidence, I happen to have that exact same outfit in MDD size!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rubber_Fairy

It's so pretty, you have good taste!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GirlWiththeDragoonTattoo

Love the shibari work! I had one of my resin boys in some as an accessory under a coat for a while once. What kind of string are you using? Is there any staining? I'd like to tie up one of my vinyl dolls but I'd worry about leaving it. With resin I didn't have that concern but the vinyl...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rubber_Fairy
11 minutes ago, GirlWiththeDragoonTattoo said:

Love the shibari work! I had one of my resin boys in some as an accessory under a coat for a while once. What kind of string are you using? Is there any staining? I'd like to tie up one of my vinyl dolls but I'd worry about leaving it. With resin I didn't have that concern but the vinyl...

Thank you! I used acrylic yarn, since it's not dyed like fabric I didn't get any staining. I didn't leave it on her for more than an hour, but when I researched it it seemed like a safe option! I'll have to do some more/longer testing just to make sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Testament

Acrylic yarn, huh? Good to know! When I bought some pink rope to do the same, I had to soak and rinse it for days and every time the water was pink XD.


banner%2Bb%2Band%2Bm%2B1200%2Bpx%2Bcon%2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rubber_Fairy
6 hours ago, Testament said:

Acrylic yarn, huh? Good to know! When I bought some pink rope to do the same, I had to soak and rinse it for days and every time the water was pink XD.

Ooh, that sounds frustrating! I should try a soak test actually, that's a good idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rubber_Fairy
11 hours ago, Testament said:

Acrylic yarn, huh? Good to know! When I bought some pink rope to do the same, I had to soak and rinse it for days and every time the water was pink XD.

Ok so after like 5 hours, there was a very slight tint in the water after soaking some of it. not even red, more like a very faint yellow so I'm not 100% convinced, I might try tying some onto some old vinyl doll parts if I can dig them out and leaving it for awhile to see if it leaves any stains.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GirlWiththeDragoonTattoo

Ooh ok. Guess I'll have to maybe just do stain tests too. I have some random hands lying around

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rubber_Fairy

We're a bit belated, but Ophelia got some adorable latex outfits for our anniversary! Both are from a seller on etsy. I took her to the beach with me on my birthday trip last week as well, we didn't get to go out very much as it was very rainy, but we still had lots of fun!

4A831991-0861-4672-9FA0-38798B9E3D53.jpg

A8391064-4876-4FF3-B17C-8769BC5621A2.jpg

28CDED48-78E2-44F6-9730-CC36B51EE4DD.jpg

58036DF8-1B87-4543-B425-9668A5532796.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kemonomimicry

Nice, but be aware latex and vinyl might react with each other over time...or maybe I should write "latex and any plastic". I've had second-hand toys held together with elastic bands where the elastic had melted into the plastic as the elastic deteriorated over time.

There's a seller on Y! Auctions Japan that sells a variety of bodysuits, bunny suits, swimsuits, and leotards in more vinyl-doll friendly stretchy materials. I only own a white bodysuit from them (good quality, with zipper in the back), so unfortunately cannot attest to whether the other colours stain or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

I have read and agree to the Privacy Policy.