Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
MyuMyu

She arrived broken

MyuMyu

Hi!

I traded one of my resin girls for a DD but, when she arrived, her head fell down :/. I heard a clink and I saw a metal piece on the floor, I suppose it belongs to the doll but I don't know for sure. I've taken a couple of pictures:

7108974303_5e502d3b81_z.jpg

6962901460_af0733d3ec_z.jpg

Anyone can help to fix it? Maybe I should order a reeplacement from CoolCat :/

Amber

I have never seen the inside of that area of my doll, but for some reason that black spring-looking thing irks me? It does not seem original, but I honestly have no idea so do not take my word for it. I hope that someone else here can give you accurate information. baldylox seems to be very knowledgeable when it comes to repairing DD, so maybe he will see this topic and can help you out.

I hope you can get her fixed.

archangeli

Oh your poor doll! How annoying to have her broken so soon

It looks like the shaft of the neck joint is broken. It can be easily replaced using one of the joints that CoolCat sells - http://us.sk-coolcat.com/front/bin/ptdetail.phtml?Part=dp-04&Category=382741

It's a little bit pricey though ($40 + shipping), so if it was damaged in transit I would try to see if the person who you traded the doll with would be willing to pay for the repair part.

this is what that neck piece looks like.

dd_5.jpg

I know some of our members have upgraded their own dolls to the CoolCat aluminum neck joint. Maybe they can sell you their original plastic neck joint? It's very easy to replace - you just need a tiny screwdriver.

8450151887_2e94dd76fd_n.jpg

Archangeli.net | Twitter: @MsArchangeli | YouTube: Archangeli

Leadcrow

What you have there is one of the older DDII neck joints that came with the early DDII body. it got redesigned early on which is probably why Arienette thinks it loks off.

You have all the parts and nothing is broken exactly but the problem you may have is it looks like the spring on the neck is stratched, which could also explain why it came apart. This is a common problem with these. The body my Tamaki originally came with had a similar problem, It didn't come apart but the neck joint became loose and floppy.

To put it back together, feed the spring through the round piece with the fat part facing up(pretty sure you want it up at least). Place that on the main body, the loop on the spring will need to go through the narrow part. The tiny metal pin would then be put through the spring loop and then fit into place just below that narrow part. If the spring isn't baddly stretched this may be a real pain to do(it may be even if it is). If its easy or doesn't hold together then it's probably too strched out of shape. In that case getting a replacment piece from Coolcat or Dollfie World is probbaly your best bet.

Edited by Guest

Amber

Thanks Leadcrow, I was not sure at all if it was original Volks or not... I have never seen that before, so it's cool to know for future reference. ^_^

MyuMyu

[Arienette] I never had to open any DD so I didn't know how it was. I was so scared!

[archangeli] Thank you so much for your ideas. Maybe I will put a WTB thread in the forum por the default piece because 40$ is too much for me at this moment. I hope to be able to get a CoolCat one soon.

[Leadcrow] Thank you! I did as you said and the DD is "fixed" but the spring must be stratched because her head dances as crazy . So probably the best I can do is getting a new piece for her. Thank you so much for your help! I was so scared when I saw her head fell down!

Amber

Wow, I totally forgot about this topic and I posted on it! Now I have a doll that has the same problem... But at least I know what to do now. xD