Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Coffee

Figure Photography?

Coffee

I'm slightly chocked there isn't a thread for this already, at least not that I could find.

So, anyone else who likes to bring their figures out for some photography every now and then?

I'd love to see your pictures in that case!

Oh, and it'd be interesting to know what kind of figures you actually prefer to have as photo models.

I don't really have that many big or pose-able figures, but I take whatever I can and see if I can find a good spot for them. XD

IMG_3196-1.jpg

IMG_2984-1.jpg

IMG_0136-1.jpg

Mina - DDS Millhi, Lucy - DDS Melty, Sammy - DDII Sakuno, Ellie - MDD DDH-01, Niki - MDD Mayu, Sasha - DDIII Miku

iomi

nice thread !!

I haven't been active with taking pictures of my photos at all XD !! I will once school is over ( soon )

these two are from what I have before~

I'm a huge One Piece fan

iomi891298115347.jpg

Pretty Momohime

iomi891296935252.jpg

At home: Rina and Reina( Twins ),DD Neris,Oscar(DD Beatrice),Bunni DD Akira)Melon( DD Yuki.M)Saber Extra(x2), Toki(DD Rise), Saber Alter, Saber Lily and Kudo, Rosalie, Cirno and Kan'u,Melty, Aoko, mika(06), Rin Tohsaka

Alphakitty

Great idea for a thread! I think a lot of DD collectors start out with PVC. SirNarwhal and I do a lot of figure photography! Well, he does the photography, I hold the figures so they don't fall down. ^^;

5669468341_9eab1cf77e_z.jpg

5692788134_7533ffb63c_z.jpg

6036861396_c1b5c49108_z.jpg

My favorite of our shoots is Momohime, but I don't have that uploaded anywhere I could link to. Our backlog is HUGE though, we're like 500 figures behind. One day, maybe we'll actually shoot our whole collection...

DD Family: Mari, Saber Lily, Marisa, Soniko, Noumi, Kirino, Kuroneko, Sakura (DD Sakuno), Aerie, Akira, Kiki, Koko, Rose (DDS Mariko), Kureha, Ryoko, Lucy, Haruka, Rise, Extra & Alter!

DefectiveAngel

I have a few figure pics that I took that I can share. I never do too many figure pics because of my camera, but I managed to get a few fairly good pics. Plus when my girls arrived they stole the spot light and extra funds my figures were getting. =3

6979107364_b870fa94f1.jpg

Ayu by DefectiveAngel, on Flickr

6979050346_2aaf9af897.jpg

Momohime by DefectiveAngel, on Flickr

7125160937_533855a373.jpg

Jubei by DefectiveAngel, on Flickr

7120021501_e83fbbc670.jpg

Kureha by DefectiveAngel, on Flickr

The pic I took of Kureha is my all time favorite picture I have ever taken. I'm still looking to achieve the beauty I captured in that shot in my dollfie dream pictures. ^_^

baldylox

WOW DA! Those pics are so nice! The winged girl looks so neat against the sky like that. And Momohime looks like she's kicking up snow behind her feet. Jubei looks REALLY hot in that version of her and I agree that the last shot is excellent. The movement in the background is great!

Very nice shots.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

baldylox

Ok, I finally uploaded some anime figure pics I did a while ago. None of these are what I'd call "great" but they aren't half bad. I took all these with my older Sony camera so they aren't as detailed as anything I've done for a while. I still hope yall enjoy them tho!

First up we have Hakufu Sonsaku from Ikki Tousen:

6991246642_daa7c32c38_z.jpg

DSC02403 by balldylox, on Flickr

Also from Ikki Tousen we have Ryofu Housen and Ryomou Shimei playing Race Queens with one of my RC trucks:

6991243990_85415bb295_z.jpg

DSC02411 by balldylox, on Flickr

Another Ryomou figure by a hydrangea flower:

7137323799_1c46ce918f_z.jpg

DSC02368 by balldylox, on Flickr

And another Ryofu figure with some lantana and a day lily:

6991237976_c64a7ed0be_z.jpg

DSC02349 by balldylox, on Flickr

6991232046_e7ff3fdf36_z.jpg

DSC02359 by balldylox, on Flickr

I can't recall this girls name but she's from the Read or Die anime, she's one of the paper sisters.

7137318041_a1767a26d9_z.jpg

DSC02362 by balldylox, on Flickr

And lastly, my attempt at figure humor.

6991229302_255fdd5097_z.jpg

DSC02219 by balldylox, on Flickr

Damn Grimlok!!!

Billy

Innocentsake

Ah such lovely figure photos from everyone~! I should try to take some photos of some of my figures next time

Nekopon

Oooh, lovely pictures from everyone! I haven't been able to take good pictures of my figurines because I don't have time to take them out but this is very inspiring!

Ravendruid

OMG!! I So want that Ayu, DA. Yuriko and I just ran through a marathon Kannon session and now it's her new favorite anime. I still prefer Clannad, but it was a bit too sad for her. Just what I needed, one more thing to save up for, lol. That's an amazing picture of her, too, by the way. I love the clouds behind her.

Baldylox's Pocky eating dinosaur was funny, especially Miku's reaction. Nicely done.

Daddy of: Yuriko, Sohi, Miku and SK's many kids

12437295384_b307eb5ce8.jpg

Tieren

I really like the winter shots and BRS in the rocks, and grimlock eating pocky is priceless. Is that the original grimlock from the 80s or a remake?

baldylox
Baldylox's Pocky eating dinosaur was funny, especially Miku's reaction. Nicely done.

Thank you! It made perfect sense for Grimlock to be chomping those girls Pocky. I thought their expressions were perfect.

Grimlock eating pocky is priceless. Is that the original grimlock from the 80s or a remake?

Thanks! That Grimlock is my original G1 from back in the 80's when *I* purchased him off the toy store shelves. I kept all five of the Dinobots as I loved them so much. I also have my G1 Optimus Prime, Skylinx and Jetfire.

Billy

Galvatim

Thank you! It made perfect sense for Grimlock to be chomping those girls Pocky. I thought their expressions were perfect.

Grimlock eating pocky is priceless. Is that the original grimlock from the 80s or a remake?

Thanks! That Grimlock is my original G1 from back in the 80's when *I* purchased him off the toy store shelves. I kept all five of the Dinobots as I loved them so much. I also have my G1 Optimus Prime, Skylinx and Jetfire.

Billy

Man, I am so jealous of your Dinobots! I never had Swoop, but I had the other four! Oddly enough, when I (stupidly) sold my vintage TFs, I kept Grimlock! And he's the rare turquoise version from the Generation 2 repaints!

Rumor is that the Dinobots might get reissued by Takara, as a box set. I wouldn't expect that before 2014 though.

baldylox
Man, I am so jealous of your Dinobots! I never had Swoop, but I had the other four! Oddly enough, when I (stupidly) sold my vintage TFs, I kept Grimlock! And he's the rare turquoise version from the Generation 2 repaints!

Rumor is that the Dinobots might get reissued by Takara, as a box set. I wouldn't expect that before 2014 though.

Heh, thanks! I always loved the Dinobots as a kid. I never had the reissues, only the originals. I sold off my TF's to fund my wedding. Boy did THAT suck.

A whole box set of them? In their original size? That would be one HUGE box! I saw pics of a combiner set with smaller Dinos in it at one time but I think it was a knockoff or custom set. It did look pretty cool tho.

Billy

Coffee

Everyone takes so damn good picture!

Makes me feel like a complete photography noob...

Which I sort of is. XD

I look forward to seeing some more figurine photos by the members here.

Edited by Guest

Mina - DDS Millhi, Lucy - DDS Melty, Sammy - DDII Sakuno, Ellie - MDD DDH-01, Niki - MDD Mayu, Sasha - DDIII Miku

AnimatorAR

I do a lot of figure photography but what I love the most to do is comics with my figures. I post them on my DevinatART site http://animatorar.deviantart.com/ I even have my Dollfie Dream girl photos there too.

Xing

My little contribution to this thread for now. Frau Mami serving obligatory beers, taken from two Ika Musume figmas. Don't ask.

fraumami.th.jpg

battrastard

I've only been into the figure scene for over three years, now. Having even a small variety of them makes it a bit difficult to take pics sometimes....

Best I could offer is to take advantage of "everyday life" scenes. I was getting a shrimp salad together when I thought: "Wow, Kohiru teasing Maochao with a shrimp would be funny!" So, I gathered them together in the kitchen and took this:

7120273543_2d9ab8aafa_z.jpg

IMG_2859 by rattbastard, on Flickr

Another was after I had received a camera bag, the inner lining was such a stark orange color, I thought that my Asuka figma would provide an awesome contrast in a picture:

5459581191_cc146eb0eb_z.jpg

IMG_0600 by rattbastard, on Flickr

One of the very first figures/robots/etc. I'd picked up was one of Yamato's Macross 1/48th. scale VF-1J Valkyrie Fighter, being a Robotech fan from way back:

7275778398_9b7dc267c7_m.jpg

100_2334 by rattbastard, on Flickr

from a level angle, it's hard to tell how large it is. And, I've had comments that it looked "real" due to the two planks that it's sitting on blend into the background.

Here's a different angle that gives away that illusion:

7275776652_b569ffd998_m.jpg

100_2333 by rattbastard, on Flickr

With the well and the mesquite tree in the background, they look to close, along with the big "knot" in the board that it was sitting on!

A lot of what you can do, picture-wise, is all governed by your imagination...

So, I'd say just let the thoughts flow, and take advantage of any opportunity you get!!

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

slmka

I also started off with figure photography before having my first girl.

Figure photography are a good way to train your photo creation as the figure itself have its limitation. So you must keep working out a way to let it fit around the environment.

Some of my previous work I have uploaded ^_^

http://www.flickr.com/photos/slmka/collections/72157628564129775/

sofiel

These nendo pics are so cute~

battrastard: i love that asuka pic xD

sl3tz.jpg

I only have pinky figures :3

Ara

I also take pictures of other figures of many different kind.

Included in our household are three FIGMA/Revoltech (Woody, the one with the creepy face, Konata from Lucky Star and Yotsuba), I also sometimes have Danbo here from friends (I customize them) and take pictures of my own Storm Trooper Figures :3

Oh, and a lonely Sideshow Obi-Wan I'm repainting right now.

The Danbo I customized for a friend:

b3Udg.jpg

Lots o' trooper:

voaVF.jpg

072hn.jpg

sQdvu.jpg

Obi-Wan (who's still unfinished, but at least looks a lot better than before):

cMhyc.jpg

I yet have to take pictures of my girlfriends figures, but maybe I should do that the next days :3

ZZ0WsD1.jpg

Gunter

@Ara

That's simply a amazing mod!

~~

Something I just did the other day...

7530056302_08ca1988fa_b.jpg

7530517834_6414fb49d8_c.jpg

...my white backdrop haunts every picture I take. One day I'll take my figures (and dolls...) outside.

baldylox

Gunter, those Sonico pics are awesome! I do feel bad for poor Zetsubou Sensei... he will probably die from blood loss due to being that close to the hotness that is Sonico.

Billy

Galvatim
Obi-Wan (who's still unfinished, but at least looks a lot better than before):

cMhyc.jpg

Obi-wan looks significantly improved from Sideshow's original paint apps! I want to like Sideshow's figures, but so many seem to have some glaring flaw...

7547839450_16c7362a50.jpg

006 by galvatim, on Flickr

On the other hand, how awesome is it to have the X-Files' Cigarette Smoking Man standing next to Darth Vader?