Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
DJStarstryker

Rise and Persona 4 - please tell me about her

DJStarstryker

I'm curious about Rise as a character since I'm hoping to get her DD. I *will* be turning her into an original character, but that doesn't stop my curiosity! I looked at the Persona 4 Wikipedia page and looked at the bit about her character, but it didn't tell me much beyond the fact that she's an idol and taking a break from that for a while. I have a PS2, but my video game backlog is long and I have other games I'm more interested in. I also haven't seen the anime.

What is her personality like? What is her backstory? What happened to her in the game/anime? I don't mind spoilers.

Are you ready to rock? ^_^

Alphakitty

[Warning: obvious spoilers!]

Rise is my very favorite Persona girl, so I'd be happy to tell you a little about her. ^^ As you know, she was an idol (with the stage name "Risette") but took a break because of the pressure of showbusiness. At the beginning of P4 she works in a tofu shop with her family, trying to hide her idol status as much as possible. She seems almost ashamed of it--and we find out why when we meet her Shadow self (basically a personification of her "dark side") who desperately craves attention. She (shadow Rise) puts on a TV show, offering to strip for male viewers. She's pretty much a giant attention-hog who wants tons of praise (when you fight Shadow Rise she's a giant multicolored stripper with a satellite head who screams things like "LOOK AT ME"). This is the side of herself Rise is ashamed of: she really did love being an idol and the attention, but she also wants to lead a quiet life. She comes to terms with this dark side of herself, and at the end of the story line accepts ALL the parts of herself--Rise, Risette, and the "other" her as even tofu-shop Rise is wearing a sort of mask.

As a playable character, she guides the other characters through dungeons and such, encouraging them. She's exceedingly peppy, and I think a lot of people dislike this because of her. However, I adore Rise and am SO happy that she is getting a DD.

DD Family: Mari, Saber Lily, Marisa, Soniko, Noumi, Kirino, Kuroneko, Sakura (DD Sakuno), Aerie, Akira, Kiki, Koko, Rose (DDS Mariko), Kureha, Ryoko, Lucy, Haruka, Rise, Extra & Alter!

neurocidic

She is one of my favs too!!!! But, Alphakitty , did a wonderful job at telling you more. Man, I almost wish I could get 2. One to keep as Rise and one to customize. ^__^ I am currently on the lookout for some different eyes for her though. I am so hoping they continue with more Persona characters-- though my bank account does NOT.

DivinitaAria

Rise is my all time favorite video game character I love that she's becoming a DD, now I don't have to finish sewing Hime's Rise cosplay XP

Alphakitty basically summed up Rise

You can date her in the game along with the other girls too Hmm, she calls you Senpai as you are a year older than her. She's super cute that's all that matters

Rise- DD Rise | Mariska? - DD01 |Momo/Momoko - DD MOMO | Nayuki - DD Mikuru | Shiori???? - DD Kos Mos

Wishlist:MDD Louise, DD Rise, MDD Maria

kaylynh1

lol im in the same boat, i have some friends who like persona 4 and i told them i was a bit interested in the game and they started feeding me information, I think rise is a oretty girl and interesting character. ashamed it took them making the doll for me to finally want to know more.

At home: Carrie (kos-mos), Mia (miku),Bjd's: Creator (soom sard), riley (bobobie Apollo mod), Quinn (feeple 60 Chloe mod), Chloe (leekeworld tan mickhaila)

Eventually: rise kujikawa, saber extra, mariko, alisa

teashaped

I love Rise too! But I'm a big Persona fan. XD

Pikangie

Rise's ok by me.

The game gives each character quite a realistic feel with their "dark side", so even the ones you initially find "boring", end up shedding a new side to them that gets you more interested in them.

I love the Persona art style, and the DD of Rise emulates it pretty well, with the eye shape being my favorite part.

I would hope they could make more characters, like Naoto, Yukiko, Human Teddie(Alice style?), or maybe even the main character, though that's highly doubtful since he's a... guy. Though the boys have such beautiful faces like the girls. xD

If they ever made Persona 3 characters, I'd love to see Minato as well, even though they probably never will since he's a (very pretty)boy.

katnaper
Rise's ok by me.

I would hope they could make more characters, like Naoto, Yukiko, Human Teddie(Alice style?), or maybe even the main character, though that's highly doubtful since he's a... guy. Though the boys have such beautiful faces like the girls. xD

Oh my. I'd be all over that if they ever make Yu. He is my all time favorite from the anime.

35627757593_19f2b2cd8a_n.jpg

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den

Nightmareally

I freaked out when I saw the Rise doll. I'd love if they made some of the actual personas. That would be awesome or maybe the persona outfits for the characters.

At Home: Miku and Rin

white mink
I freaked out when I saw the Rise doll. I'd love if they made some of the actual personas. That would be awesome or maybe the persona outfits for the characters.

Like cosplayish/humanized personas? Could be some cool outfits.

White Mink

Kinjiru

I wish they would do some more persona characters. i'm likely to put together a custom Chie at some point.

ellipses
I wish they would do some more persona characters. i'm likely to put together a custom Chie at some point.

I second this!!! There are quite a few options and if they follow in line with Rise, they'll all be quite lovely!